main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome Havelock, NC!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Pembroke, NC' started by Elan-Rai, Jan 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    I know a few places around here that have Episode II items for sale. I went yesterday to get two Copies of the Soundtrack and that 12 inch Anakin and Obi-Wan from Wal-Mart in Morehead City. I believe that Anakin and Obi-Wan were on sale for 14.99. I just wish that there was a fan force in Morehead for people to line up.

But then again I look at Morehead as Tatooine.

"I'm never gonna get out of here!"

Anyways back to the places

I checked and Wal-Mart in New Bern has Star Wars Episode II items as well.

The K-Mart in Morehead City doesn't have the Soundtrack, but they do have Classic and Episode II Star Wars items on sale.

The thing was that Yesterday in Wal-Mart I couldn't find the soundtrack so my suggestion is to stop by Morehead City's On-Cue(Soon to be Sam Goody) and grab a copy. They are on sale for $14.99 a really good buy!

:)

I am not going to buy the novel just yet I think I am going to wait till the Movie comes out May 16th.

But two things about the Soundtrack.

It Rules! :)

2. SgtFretSurfer

SgtFretSurfer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2001
    I got the Soundtrack, the Novel, and a Zam Book at Wal-Mart in New Bern. They had a whole bunch of other books too, but I am on a limited budget right now! :D I am also planning on seeing Ep2 in the theatre many times. At $7.50 a pop, it can add up fast!!! :D

I started reading the book and am in Chpater 2. I won't give anything away for those who are still unspoiled, but let me just say that it is well written and that there is a well-received prologue to help bring things into focus before the actual story begins. It is so well done that it is very tough to put down once you start reading!! :D

I LOVE THE SOUNDTRACK! Holy crap! I love the quick tease of the Imperial March and the nice melodies of the Love Theme "Across the Stars" throughout the tracks.

This is going to be a great movie. Just hearing the soundtrack makes you feel the movie's scenes. Well, for those that are spoiled rotten, you know exactly when the tracks will happen. It is going to be so good!!!!

3. SgtFretSurfer

May 20, 2001
    What is a banner? Is that the graphics on the top and side of the screen? :confused:

Thanks for making those icons, Theron!! They are great!!! :D I love the one of the Falcon in hyperspace!! :)

4. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Yes. I did one for The Emperor's Vengeance it's kinda interesting I do have the same type of Banner in blank format without the wording. If you want me to I can make one or refer to the page that was referred to.

It was just a suggestion :)

Here's the one I did for Universal Destiny's The Emperor's Vengeance

http://www.universaldestiny.freeservers.com/v1.jpg

Also, I couldn't resist the urge to buy the novel. Wal-Mart had it on sale for 17.96 an offer that I couldn't refuse. BUT! I have it locked up somewhere where I can't get to it. I just hope I can resist the urge to read it.

I will not spoil Episode II.
    I will not Spoil Episode II.

5. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I have restrained myself from reading the AOTC novel I bought on Tuesday. The temptation is great, however. ;)

6. Havenot1

Havenot1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    nice job, universal destiny! i like your banner a lot. it gives me a lot of ideas!

i bought the music and the storybook. i love the music and i think it is some of the best music john williams has ever done. i am excitd to hear how it is matched with the movie.

we only have 18 days until the movie comes out!! :)

7. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    I do have the same banner without lettering avaliable. I'm willing to donate it to the Havelock Fan Force.

Anyways, I've been good. I haven't read the novel at all. Talk about Willpower :)

I can't wait, I am going to line up at one of the Theaters in Morehead, I might be the only one but I'm going to see it at Midnight.

8. jarik33

jarik33 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    UniversalDestiny-Do you know for sure if any of the theaters in Morehead is having a midnight show?

I remember someone said Havelock isn't, so we'll probably be joining you down there.

I went to the one on Bridges st behind Belk for TPM and it's pretty comfy.

9. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    I'm not sure but I'm willing to call. They need one I'd hate to drive to Jacksonville to see it.

I am hoping that maybe Atlantic Station or Emerald Plantation might show it.

Hmm maybe we should call them?

We want Episode II at Midnight!

I know that Morehead doesn't have a Fan Force, but I'm willing to give it a shot to line up.

We need a midnight showing in Morehead and in Havelock!

10. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Looks like I won't be lining up for Episode II.

The ignition on my car has broke. I might not be able to afford seeing the movie at midnight.

:(

But I'll see if I can get some information for you about Midnight showings of Episode II.

11. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    I'm sorry to hear that, UniversalDestiny! :( Hopefully things will work out and you'll be able to see it at midnight. :D

12. SgtFretSurfer

May 20, 2001
    I just finished the book. Holy crap, we are in for such a treat. The next 2 weeks can't go by fast enough!!! :D

Sorry to hear that, UniversalDestiny. I know the feeling though. I spent close to $1000 on my Ford Explorer not too long ago. It sucked. I am still recuperating. :(

Does anyone know if there is a digital theatre in the area? Maybe even one within 2-3hrs drive radius? :confused:

13. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    UV, if you are interested, I am planning a FF meeting to go see he movie (again) in late May. This will be after I get back from my trip tp Florida ( :( ). We would be honored if you would join us. Maybe we can get jarik33 to join us as well! :)

14. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    That banner is cool. Does anyone have any others?

15. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    I got my car back! Luckily it was still under warranty so I didn't have to pay a dime.

* breathes easier*

I'd be happy to join you for a Fan Force meeting.

I can make other Banners as well just tell me what you would like and I'd be glad to throw it together for you.

And yes I still haven't read my novel.

It's locked up in my trunk.

Hehe.

I will not read the novel.
    I will not read the novel.

16. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    That's good to hear, UniversalDestiny! :D

I got my tickets yesterday! :D I'm so excited! We're going to the first midnight showing opening day! :D YEAH! :D

17. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    The countdown has begun. Less than 2 weeks to Episode II I'm excited.

Wal-Mart just released Episode II posters so I got mine already.

I can't wait!

Universal Destiny

18. SgtFretSurfer

May 20, 2001
    Whoa! You found some posters?

* Heads to Wal-Mart *

8-}

Don't forget to watch CNN tonight at 8pm EST for Connie Chung's special from the Ranch with unseen footage!!!!! :D

19. Havenot1

Havenot1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    hayden christensen is going to be on jay leno tonight at 11:30 EST.

if you want to see some media coverage of ep2 and some unseen footage, go to this site. :)

20. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Jeez. Did any of you guys catch the Connie Chung CNN Special from the Skywalker Ranch? It was lame. Connie is a very poor interview.

I missed Hayden on Leno, but I will download it from that site! Thanks, Havenot1! :)

21. SgtFretSurfer

May 20, 2001
    I caught Hayden on Leno. Is it just me, or was he nervous as all hell? I felt bad for him. Oh well, I guess he'd better adjust to all the attention real quick. He is going to forever be recognized and remembered as ANAKIN!!!! :D

22. JeffJedi

JeffJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 10, 1999
    Hey guys, I'm from Carteret County. I was wondering how many of you there are and aso what are the age groups. Maybe I can join your FanForce.

23. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Hey Jeff I'm also from Carteret County. Good to see that I'm not the only Star Wars fan in Morehead or in the County itself.

Maybe I don't know maybe we can get one going for our county.

But the Havelock one is cool from what I've seen.

24. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Welcome, JeffJedi! Nice to meet you. I am the City Rep for the Havelock Forum. :)

I am planning the next meeting to be a visit to the Atlantic Station movie theater this week. It sound like a great theater and anything is better than the one we have here in little old Havelock! 8-}

The age range varies from 20 - 29 for the most part. The oldest member was CyberSith1 who is 32. But he is living in Washington D.C. for a another 7 months or so. The youngest person in here is Jedi_Laura_Kenobi, who is 15.

If you have any questions, give me a holler, or post in here! :D

25. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Well I'll let you know what my work schedule is this week so that way I won't miss it I'd really like to meet the Fan Force.

I work Monday Tuesday and Wednesday from 4-12 Each day.

I'm off Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. However, I do work from 4-12 next Sunday.

That's my schedule, and I did get a chance to see it tonight again.

So I'm up to 4 now.

Jeff great to see ya!

I'm 18 and I'm a huge Star Wars fan soon to be 19 this July 4th. Catch Ya Later

Universal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.