main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome Santa Cruz Fan Force!

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by JediRacer, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I GET TO SEE YOU TWO TOMORROW!!! That thought alone is SO going to make the IE meeting tonight bearable. :)

We're gonna invade Chili's! And they're cool with us still being in costume!! [face_devil]

2. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Um..is this a hint that you want me to stay in full makeup and costume..or just makeup and wear the "Ewan" [face_laugh]

3. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL, whatever's more comfortable for you. :D

(This is why I love that I can peel in my costume into street clothes). ;)

4. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    ...still in costume? Continously, lLike since MAY...?

Wow, are they tolerant, I mean after nearly a month your clothes must be really fragrant...

/wink

5. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    You have no idea, Lord Sid ;)

It was great to see you two again, Rachel and Kim!
    We should do this again...but this time Rachel should come up to see us! :D

6. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I so would, too. :p

7. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Hi, guys! I'd like to get an event together for you and the SFFF at the Boardwalk, most likely in August. Right now, I'm thinking Aug. 6 (Sat). One of our members, Adyn, lives there and hasn't been able to join us, since she recently found out she's pregnant! We were thinking of visiting her anyway, so it'll be great. I'll wear my "Pulp Fiction" UC Santa Cruz t-shirt, too! :) What do you think?

8. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Sounds good to me, Matt. Specially since Aug 7th (Sun) is Josie's birthday. The timing would be good for us. So, what about it Sid? Do we "Make It So?"

9. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
  10. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    I love doin' that to Obi, heh. "Teach you patience, I will, hmmmmm?"

Sure, sounds good, Saturday August 6th. But if possible I'd suggest we meet there early, say 10AM, because on a hot afternoon traffic SUCKS on Hwy 17 and Hwy 1 to the beach, parking is impossible, and too many people have been getting too drunk in the hot sun.

I know this means an eaaaarly call for those up north, but if you don't have air conditioning, you will thank me. If you still can't make it that early, we'll have people with cell phones that you can get in touch with. You will probably see some Star Wars T shirts as well, so we'll be easy to spot.

Next: dress in layers. It may be hot and sunny inland, but if the fog is in, the teperature can be 20 degrees lower, sometimes in the 60's. August usually is pretty sunny, but you never know. Sunscreen a must as well.

I'll check into rated, might be able to swing a company discount through work too.

For those who haven't been in ages, there are rides, IMHO the best wooden roller coaster on the west coast, an arcade with games from wayyyy back as well as the newest, a terrific indoor pirate mini golf and laser tag. Sith vs. Jedi laser tag? Hmmmm... could be arranged....

So, yeah, let's call it good and start making plans (evil plans?)

Poor Obi, do I pick on him too much?

((Yes))

Good. Serves him right be being on the WRONG SIDE! Jedi SLACKER!

:p

11. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I would definitely love to attend this event, and finally get a chance to meet all you guys! Out of everyone, I think Adyn is the only one I've met.

DLS - good advice all the way around. Also, don't forget to budget some money for parking. Around the boardwalk, I think it's all either meters or pay-parking lots. The lots are $10 for the day as far as I know. Getting spots at the meters are hit and miss, though it's certainly possible; I think there may be a time-limit for them, though? Not sure, I'd have to check. There are some free public parking lots scattered through downtown, but that's about a 15 minute walk from the boardwalk, IIRC.

I've actually never played laser tag before, but it sounds like this would be a fun introduction!

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Just remember to wear dark clothes for laser tag. ;)

13. jdijade

jdijade Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2005
    KIM!! How ya doin, you old pirate?? Haven't seen you in forever. How's Josie doing?
    =D=

Just popped by to say congratulations on Santa Cruz becoming a FF. CR...sweet! Stop by over at the IE if you get a moment and say hi...despite aforementioned rumor we are "bearable" and won't bite. Most of us, anyway. muWAhahaha [face_laugh]

Janell aka JediJade

14. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    "rated"? I mean rates, heh.

I'm moving the Boardwalk event it's own thread, ha.

15. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    A little late, but congrats on becoming official.

16. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Thanks much, Citizen John...Yup we finally made it..the Irreverent Side of the Galaxy..as you can definitely tell!

And JADE!!!! Got the email earlier. Glad to hear from you, does this bring back ole AOL' SW Boards! (and the infamous AOL Tree at Disneyland). LOL

See ya around.

Kenobi/Kim/ (yes and still "Han")

17. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    MEPA? New York City, say, were you the ones with the decorated AT-AT at CIII?

That thing just cracked me up, graffiti in Aurabesh, LOL!

18. Adyn

Adyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    Wow!!! How cool!!! A SC fan Force! *happy SW dance* hehe.

I've met many of you on the SF FF board, and thought I'd say hey to everyone I've not yet met! I live in Santa Cruz and I'm thrilled to have our very own FF!

I may be a little light on attending events this next year but I will try my best!! I'm expecting my first baby in Dec. and and 4 months pregnant at the moment :) So my availiblity fluctuates drastically hahaha. But you can bet I'll be raising a lil SW fan and will be bringing the kid with before too long hehe.

Other tidbits... I'm a graphic designer & I work at home (yay!) SW wise I'm into costuming and am a prequel nut.

As far as any get-togethers, my place is always available for a bbq or any such thing. My husband and I love entertaining and we have a pretty decent sized house and deck that we just love to put to use ;)

Can't wait to meet the new faces and see the best movies ever reperesented in my own home town! :D

19. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Welcome Aboard, Adyn! Party On!

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Welcome Adyn! :D

21. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Welcome, we knew there had to be some fans in the actual city somewhere, heh.

:: waves from the hills ::

22. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Adyn - hi! It's good to hear you again! When I saw that there was a new SCFF, one of the first things I thought of was to see if you knew about it yet. But then I noticed that you hadn't been on the boards for a while... and now I know why. Congratulations!!!! :) It'll be great to see you again at the Boardwalk get-together.

BTW, I never did see any pictures of your completed Amidala costume. Do you have any pics handy?

23. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Hey, if some are actually local to Santa Cruz, we don't have to wait for the Boardwalk thing to meet, send us a PM and maybe we can hook up another weekend as well for dinner or something. We're pretty busy so I can't promise, but we can at least think about it.

24. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Congratulations, Adyn!!!! That's wonderful news!

:)

- Kai

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.