main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome to the Salt Lake Fanforce Chapter

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by VoidDancer, Jan 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Welcome to the Salt Lake Fanforce Chapter. A little about ourselves, The City Rep is Marold. If you have any questions you can either post them here, or PM them to her.

Marold

We try to have a monthly activity/meeting when we can. WE are also active in the community. We annually participate in the City of Hopes Walk for Hope event in October. Recently we completed a tree for the Festival of Trees, a charitable organization that helps raise money for Primary Childrens Medical Center. If you have other Charities, or organizations you woul dlike the group to be involved with, let Marold know.

We also have a subgroup, that we roleplay with. It is based upon the book Courtship of Princess Leia by Dave Wolverton. Dath group You don't have to be proficient in the EU to understand all of it, but it helps if you have read the book.

The Fanforce consists of mostly female members, but please, don't let that scare you.

Now that you know a little more about us and what we do, here's the part where you come in. So why not help us to get to know you. If you'd like, give us your name, what yoru favorite thing about Star Wars is, what besides Star Wars you enjoy, any ideas for activities and how you came about finding the fanforce.

Thank you and enjoy posting.

Marold (Mary)

2. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Welcome to the Salt Lake Fanforce Chapter,

I'm Marold or Mary, I'll answer to both. My favorite part about Star Wars is how much it brings people together, course that could be the whole fanforce thing but without Star Wars, we wouldn't be here. Besides Star Wars I enjoy Harry Potter and LotR, I'm also learning how to belly dance, it's fun and if you get the chance to try it, do. I also talk alot, you'll notice that at meetings.

I hope to see as many people as we can at the activities.

3. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    *dances* I'm number two!!!!

Hi, I'm ondiv (hi ondiv...), erin, or "hey you, the one who looks like the model!", but then I know you're just after my money.
    Some of my favorite things about Star Wars are: The joy it brings to all those who have gotten lost in a "Galaxy Far, far away"; the spoofs, fan films, and jokes; the EU, and the comaraderie that is felt with all who love it (have me tell you my Ep2 story sometime and you'll know what I mean).
    Besides Star Wars I enjoy: photography, staying up late, hot chocolate, Homestarrunner ,walks on the beach, ballroom dancing, reading, and owning my own business (which is sleeping in 'til 10am and then eatting Bonbons all day ;) ). I'm also sarcastic and a blast to hang out with (or so I've been told).

wow, is it just me or does that sound like a dating service bio...?

4. mini_pounce

mini_pounce Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2002
    Name- Nobody Important

Gender- Female

Marital Status- Married and looking
    Location- Salt Lake City, Kragujevac, Yugoslavia

Occupation- taste tester

There is more about me below...

A Little About Me

I'm 6'6" and 567 lbs. (it sounds like a lot but it's just because I'm tall) I used to be blonde but now I'm a misty grey. I like short walks on the beach and food festivals.

my number is 867-5309

Favorite Things

my favorite thing is butter. It goes on everything and yet you can eat it plain. mmmmm.... butter....

Hobbies and Interests

I like going out to dinner. especially at all-you-can-eat restaruants. But not the joints that get mad when you eat 'too much'... and I wasn't even full!

Favorite Quote

"And the words that we taught the kids were FANGOURIOUSLY, GELATINOUS, And Um... linebacker."-
    www.homestarrunner.com

5. Jedi_Angell

Jedi_Angell Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 23, 2004
    Ok, a little about me. I'm 22, male, and moslty harmless.
    I never saw Star Wars until the Special Editions, and so if you asked I'd tell you Greedo shot first because I don't know any better. I studied history in college, for no appearent reason, I can't use it in my career. I love to read, and an very into the EU, and I like to write, though I'm the first to admit it's lousy. I'm pretty shy, until I feel comfortable, then I don't shut up. What Elese do people want to know? I'm pretty boring really, I seem top be more stable than adventurous, unless pushed into it by a pretty face, kinda sad really....um....blue eyes, brown hair, 5'9", yeah I'm short, laugh it up. I like to make people laugh, but you have to get to know me before anything I say is funny, because I'm usually subtle and people think I'm serious. Will that do? I dunno you tell me.

6. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
    Hi there, i'm not to good when it comes to talking about myself but here it goes. I'm a human male age 23, about 5'9". I Have been good friend's with Jedi_Angell for a while who by the way introduced me to ya. I can get along with anyone and I'm friendly unless it's early in the mornings. I also like animals.

I like homestarrunner.com, what a great site, i've seen every Strongbad Email and always wait eagerly for the next one.

I grew up on Star Wars, and had lot's of toys which were unfortunately sold in garrage sales (sob) I've been kicking myself for that for years. I have also just recently been delving into the Eu and am always open to new Star Wars experiences. I know, i'm a geek. Sshhh, don't tell anyone.

I look forward to meeting everyone, you sound like a good group. Until then, may the..........well you know.

7. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Welcome Jedi_Noghri.

I hope you can make it to the signing this weekend.

8. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
  9. Jedi_Angell

Jedi_Angell Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 23, 2004
    Oh, he'll be there, his house is between mine and Jordon Commons.

10. AliKatKelts

AliKatKelts Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2003
    Heya Jedi_Nohgri (did I spell theat right, I'm not sure)

Hope to see you at the signing. I love meeting new SW people!

11. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Well, I thought I'd give this one more try. I'm 34, married for 12 years now and have been a die hard fan since I was in grade school when Star Wars exploded from the Silver Screen. I have posted off and on for about a year or so now in this forum and others. I really enjoy meeting new people.

My favorite Characters are Obi-Wan Kenobi for his skills and insight as a Jedi. I am also a new fan of Han Solo especially in observing his devotion to Leia in the NJO series as they patch things up after Chewie's death. He is a great father and husband and the man is just awesome as a pilot, smooth talker and all around street smart. For not being a Jedi, he is a man to be reckoned with in the galaxy. He even earned Boba Fett's respect at the end there! That was such an awesome encounter! Too nostalgic! Too sweet! (Sorry about the spoiler).

I hope I didn't come off as overbearing in my overzealous posts a couple of weeks ago regarding the Alpine Garrison. Though I may not be able to attend the local club meetings, I do hope in all sincerity that I can still get to know you all better. I sometimes have a hard time relating to some posts here, because I think I am just out of the age and sometimes the gender range that prevails here but I hope I can somehow still fit in.

Voiddancer asked if there are any groups that are recommended to help out, I would ask for your consideration of the Alpine Organization, only because of our efforts in helping out the Marines and the Toys for Tots organization, etc. and the great commradery that it brings us.

Anyway, I will first contact Marold about anything extracurricular to this organization in the future. Thanks. Laterz.

12. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Quick note. Let's keep this to introductions, no real conversation positing. I know I messed up earlier, but let's keep this strictly to new and old members profiles. Also old members, if you haven't posted yet in her, please do. The rest of us may know you, but those who are new don't know who you are yet.

Thank you.

13. The-Rookie

The-Rookie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2003
    I am 22 yrs old. I do have to admit that I have not seen Return of the Jedi all the way through, and that I like Yoda. But of course the character I love the most is ......Jar Jar Binks.

14. glitzy

glitzy Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2004
    Hi! I'm Lizzie! my favorite thing about starwars is uhm... I don't know a whole lot about but i'm hoping to learn! (By the way, I'm Mini_Pounce's and Shanel's friend!) They're both really cool and have told me all about this group, so I decided to join!

My favorite things to do include the following: shopping, checking out HOT boys, shopping and uhm.. well that's about it.

Well that's it! Shanel and Auts will probably be dragging me along to their meetings so I'll see ya there!

~Lizzie~

15. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    It's nice to finally see you Glitzy, I'm glad that the sign on situtaion has been taken care of.

16. sw_LadyVader_sw

sw_LadyVader_sw Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2004
  17. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Welcome, we hope to see you at some of the upcoming events.

18. DarthAdubb

DarthAdubb Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2004
    Hello from SLC.

My name is Aaron Walker.

I am a long time Star Wars fan.

I like other things such as, cars, my girl freind, going to Moab, and beer "not a drunk, just a fan". I used to be an Actor, well I tryed to be an Actor, turns out im not that good. None of my friends are into star wars. I hope to change that by meeting some that are. My freinds just dont understand it. I am an "In The Closet" star wars fan and im ready to come out. Let the world know how I feel about the Greatst story ever told!!!

Im 25, work for Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield.

The best thing about Star Wars is the Sith. and well.. What isnt good about it?

I visit Theforce.net and Starwars.com evryday for my "daily dose of Star Wars. I just finaly found this Salt Lake city Forum! Hope to get to know ya. Infact I may know some of you, being Salt Lake isnt the bigst city around. So if any of you know me, HOLLA!

19. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Welcome Aaron, we hope to see you at upcoming events. Also if you have any questions feel free to post them or you can PM them to me.

-Mary

20. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Well Aaron! What a great name... ;)

21. DarthAdubb

DarthAdubb Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2004
    Thanks all!! It is a good name isnt it.

22. frio_carr

frio_carr Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    no offense, but she's biased.

--- sig ---

"what did you do? drag this book behind your car?"

-- "Actually I paid some kid to drag it behind his bike."

23. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Hey gang- greetings from Memphis and a former Ogden resident! I was surfing around checking to see what other Fan Forces had going on and got homesick when I saw this and the Provo forum.

I'm 37, a graphic artist, member of the Memphis Fan Force and Mid-South Cartoonists Association, and moved back to Memphis just before Star Wars hit the big screen for the first time. Actually got to see it about a half a block from Graceland- thank yuh, thank yuh veruh much!

My dad still lives in UT, down in Glendale. I've gotten to visit and sight see around southern Utah, as well as visit friends in northern AZ some in the past few years. Hope to get up your way again soon. I've been wanting to visit Weber Canyon (I grew up on 12th St. and spent many weekends up there) and I've been 'dying' to hit the Rocky Point Huanted House!

Speaking of haunts, I'm part of the scare crew for hauntedweb.com in Memphis. This will be our 4th year to put on a charity haunted attraction. We've raised over $50,000 for the Memphis Ronald McDonald House with it, and several of our volunteers (me, included) are special events volunteers for the RMH, St. Jude, and other local charities. My first haunt was at the Mormon church in Ogden across the street from my house when I was in the third grade. Loved riding bikes and go-carts down that hill and into Grand Central/Food King's parking lot!

I've gotten to meet a couple SW celebs here (Michael Sheard and Billy Dee Williams) and a couple in Knoxville (David Prowse and Anthony Daniels).

Well, just wanted to say "Hi!" and that I miss the mountains and snow!

24. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Welcome, if you ever stop by for a visit, let me know. I can get the group together and we can plan an event for your visit.

25. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Thanks, I will- as long as it's not with a bunch of hungry ewoks!

Same for any of you if you visit the land-o-Elvis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.