main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Well? (SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JoeSunrider, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithmastersaul

sithmastersaul Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2005
    sweet my firend got a copy but he says it has a smudge line that is in the top part of the screen

2. MASTER_JEDI_RN

MASTER_JEDI_RN Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    "sweet my firend got a copy but he says it has a smudge line that is in the top part of the screen"

I heard that was to block out the numbers from production that run along the top of the screen. That in turn, makes it harder to trace back to the "pirate".

MJ

3. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    oh ok so he might really have a copy he lives in boston so i havent seen it he offered to send me a copy i told him that's ok dont need anyone knocking on my door cause uncle george is mad

4. DarthRidiculous

DarthRidiculous Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2000
    I've seen a bit of the bootleg on a friend's system (don't ask, I scolded him enough for it as it was) and the numbers at the top were just SMPTE timecode.

The "blurry line" copy some folks have been reporting is where someone has apparently edited the first, original copy so that, instead of seeing the timecode numbers, you see the "blurry line" effect. Presumably, this makes the markings less distracting so as to speed your soul along on its journey to Hell. :cool:

Best wishes,
    DR

5. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    my friend has the same bootleg

6. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    You think ROTS is a bit of a downer, I was browsing through the Star Wars Behind the Magic CDROM and read that an early idea for ROTJ was to have Luke killing Palps and Vader then putting on the Vader helmet to rule the galaxy with Leia presumably becoming the hero.

7. MASTER_JEDI_RN

Apr 6, 2005
    Saw it again on Sunday for the 4th time with more nephews and my brother-in-laws. The theater in Y.C. is pretty weak. The last time we saw it there, it was in stereo only. This time at least, the screen was in DTS (I think).

Anyway, I really liked the fight between Palps and Yoda; however, does anyone else wonder why Yoda was hit off-guard with that 1st Force lightning? I mean, Palpatine telegraphed that like a 30?s Western. He has his crooked fingers pointing at Yoda and says:
    ?Now you will feel the full power of the dark side!?. What did Yoda think he was going to do, start dancing to Michael Jackson?s ?Thriller??

But, Yoda redeems himself when he flings Palpy across the room, over the desk, and upside down into his chair. DOH! Like bolantej said: ?...total Chevy Chase moment there.

I also liked the expression on Palps face when Yoda flings that Senate pod back at him and Palps is like laughing , then smiling, then like ?Oh ****, better move?. Funny stuff.

But overall, I had Yoda ahead on the scorecard. He had the full brunt off the Force lightning in the palms of his hands, er, claws and only fell because he didn?t have a railing to grab onto.

Why did Yoda give up so easily? Pretty even, right? Now, when Yoda returns with Organa, Obi Wan joins up, and with Yoda, should have easily defeated Palpatine and, boom, end of story.

MJ

P.S. Mace owned Palpatine. Period. No discussion there. Stupid Anakin.

8. DarthRidiculous

DarthRidiculous Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2000
    Agreed:

1. Mace owned Palpatine. If it wasn't for that scrub "L'il Orphan Ani"... (grumble)

2. Yoda owned Palpatine. Not quite as thoroughly as Mace vs. Palpatine, but if Yoda had been in the pod, rather than on the sloped wall of the pod, the Force blowback would've left him in the pod and he'd have then clawed Palpatine's eyes out, then given him an atomic wedgie before using Palpatine's own lightsaber to see just how black the man's heart really was. However, once Yoda fell, Palpatine would have sounded the alarm by the time Yoda could've gotten back up there (presuming he could have located his lightsaber in the rubble below), and so the odds would then be in Palpatine's favor as his clone lap dogs came running to the rescue. Yoda really had no choice but to bail out. Sigh.

We saw it again in DLP at the AMC Bay Street in Emeryville this past Thursday, May 27, and even drove by Pixar on the way!

http://homepage.mac.com/mike/family/

So 3 times in theaters for us so far, and I may be able to join y'all for the next outing, depending on how my schedule works out. :cool:

Take care,
    DR

9. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Well I saw it twice today so that makes my total so far 6 times. ;)

10. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    "heck when I get my bootleg ... you all will be way behind me"

*ahem*

I have no comment to this...at all...none. nothing to see here.

Move along, move along.

11. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    i got you beat devin, i'm at 7.

12. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    I think that just about everyone has beaten me. Only 4 for me. It toped the box office for the 3 day weekend.

"Once more the SIth will rule the galaxy! And, we sall have...peace."

13. MASTER_JEDI_RN

Apr 6, 2005
    i got you beat devin, i'm at 7.

Qui-Gundi has pumped it up a notch
    Rhyme your response while you grab your crotch. [face_dancing]

Just kidding. ;)

MJ

14. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Heh just got back from seeing it twice - now at #8 ;)

15. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    i dont mean to brag but i am at 19 now ha ha ha i have no life but star wars ha ha hey wait a minute i have spent way to much money . i am gonna wait to see it in san francisco than at imax no more seeing it til then. i could have started building me a sith outfit with that money

16. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    SMS you are a stud!!!! Just wait until you get to 3600 ;)

17. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    ha i'm at 8 now devin.

i won't be able to see it thursday though, becuase my band is rocking the boardwalk on greenback.
    its gonna be sweet.

18. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    lord darth vader i started counting how many times i watched empire strikes back i stopped at 1400 but it is you that is a stud watching star wars as much as you have

19. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Aj your band is playing the boardwalk? that's awesome.

Does your band have a CD or tape?

I've seen it only 4 times, but I'm not racing. I'm trying to savor the experience. I'll proably seen it again before the 12th Sac-Con and then I hope on the 12th.

After that Batman Begins will be out and the summer movie season kicks into high gear so I might only see it once after that just before it leaves theaters.

20. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    I want to see it more times than I saw TPM. I saqw that one 6 times. I am in sort of a rush then. It paid to have that advance screening.

21. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    *grumble grumble*

I've only seen it ONCE...

-TJ

P.S. On a complete non sequiter, I've discovered I can do a pretty good Watoo voice...

"...No, they won't! What do you think you are, some kind of Jedi waving your hand around in the air like that? I'm a TOYDARIAN... Jedi mind tricks don't work on me!"

22. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    we are recording our demo after this show.
    we have another show at the boardwalk on the 21st

23. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Are you guys Punk? (I wont go into the billion labels for punk...emo..garage...etc) Metal? Back Street Boys?

Get me the CD when your done and I'll take it to KDVS (I still help out a few DJ's down there just not the station directly...*evil grumbles*)

I know I can get Punkroge and some others to play it and then I can have it added to the current section....then you can call and request it all you like.

"See a need fill a need"
    Robots

24. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    S'ok TJ, I've still only seen it twice. Something about work and coming down to the last two months of this position then needing to find housing and a new job. Oh yeah..and that thing about money...just spent $430 on a new costume. *evil grin*

Edit (see below): well, it still needs assembling and some alterations to the flight suit. It's nice to know that sometimes even a "small" is too big. :D

25. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    just spent $430 on a new costume. *evil grin*

*Gives Hawkgirl General Sithy glare.

Oh well I just commisioned a brand new Jedi Costume + Plus Padawan Gear for Rogue 2.5. I'm working up designs now not sure if I want to pick a current costume or design my own this time. I'm partial to Mace's tunic but it's got so many layers and part of the idea is to get a light weight tunic this time so I don't burn up in it.

*speaking of which I'll start bugging LDV now for a mini saber hilt and belt for Rogue 2.5.

Just need to hunt down a good pair of boots this time.

Not sure when the new gear will be ready I told her not to rush this one since I have other gear to wear if the occasion calls for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.