main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    But...but... I need pictures:p

2. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I'm pretty sure there's a handy tutorial on how to do it online that includes pictures. You just need to.. search for it.

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It doesn't work for me. Whenever I want to search for a thread that I haven't posted in in a couple months, it just fails me, bringing up half-a-dozen unrelated threads instead. Even if I type in the exact title of the thread I was looking for, or certain words I know were used in that thread. The search we have now only seems to work for threads with recent activity. As for that google link that someone just posted, all I get is "Google Custom Search has not been enabled by the administrator of the domain"

4. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Wait, I've got it. Temporary solution, go to google, and search there, prefixing all your searches with "site:boards.theforce.net". That's actually what I meant before.

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Do you guys know if the main page will be getting a redesign? With all this new movie stuff about to pop you would think it's about time. I don't even bother visiting the main page. It's just one big Google ad. It's painful to look at and the design wasn't cool when it came out 10 years ago.

benknobi1 likes this.
  6. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I know it's been talked about, but I don't know if anything's in the works.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We don't control the main page - just the forums.

8. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I know that. When I was involved behind the scenes we actually had the ability to post news articles on the main site and we talked to the people who run the site. Does that not happen anymore?

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm pretty sure I don't have the ability to post there. When I've had news I used the email address on the site. I think Dajuan has posted Fan Force news in the past.

10. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Dajuan and I have access to post TFN articles. Most RSAs have access to post articles in their FanForce sections.

And yes, I do talk to the TFN staff like Philip, Dustin, Eric, etc. The last time I talked to one of them about updating the site, it seemed like a goal, but there was no indication of if or when it would happen.

11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Just curious... was there a decision made to remove stars and registration dates from showing next to posts? I don't see either there now, just avatar, name, and title or status (Jedi Master, etc.). And have the requirements needed to move from one status to another changed? I think it's a combination of post count, likes, trophy points, etc. but I don't recall the specifics. Thanks.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've asked about the stars and registration date issue in MS. Grimby did some board maintenance last night to update the versions of our add-ons - it's possible one of those killed the stars and reg dates.

13. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Yeah, I was wondering that too. Especially since stars do show for a split-second when I load a page.

EDIT: My timing is as good as ever evidently :p

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Bring them back! :(

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It's due to a template change for one of the add-ons. Grimby is working on it.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Grimby has tried to fix the stars and reg dates. However, it looks like a change to another plug-in is obscuring them. That's why you can see them briefly. He's contacted the developer of the other plug-in for a fix. So please be patient. FYI - Grimby might have to take a brief board outage to apply any fixes.

17. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    They're back. Do a hard refresh if you still aren't seeing them.

LAJ_FETT likes this.
  18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Good news! I see them fine without a refresh.

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, I see them now too... thanks. Sorry to cause any work on your end, I was really just asking out of curiosity.

20. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    It was a glitch in the software, so thanks for pointing it out. The developer had it fixed very quickly and released a new version for us.

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Another thing Grimby, the little plus signs on the list of forums page are on the right again.

22. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I knew I forgot something.

- Sent from my R2 unit

23. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In Tapatalk, most (if not all) of the threads that were showing up with the empty pages at the end are now fixed.
    They're showing up normally. :)

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Grimby - looks like another issue is fixed.

25. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    Not fixed in normal version. Just tested it. Still got empty pages, alas.