main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. cje24576

cje24576 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 21, 2010
    That stinks about the userpics! I actually used those old pics- I don;t have any of my own. That's a bummer. Are there any usepics I can pick from right now (like there were back on the old site)? I really hope you all decide to bring that userpic feature back (I would love to choose one again). Please bring that back? Hope you'll consider it. Thanks.

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Like I said, we demoed a gallery option and it was a hideous train wreck - implementation was all wonky, it stretched past the page boundary, etc., so at the moment the JC has no formal gallery.

That said, we don't restrict people to Star Wars icons anymore, and tens of thousands of avatars for sites like Live Journal - and indeed, any picture of any dimension that fits the TOS that you want to use - are out there, so Google, saving the image, and uploading can get you pretty much anything you can think of.

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Eventually there will be a gallery where you can choose an icon/avatar. Also, NYCitygurl will be managing requests for "HD" versions of old icons. I assume that will be handled in the existing icons thread for now.

Also, I could be wrong, but I don't think any signatures were transferred.

4. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    So anyway, are we there yet?

jcgoble3 likes this.
  5. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    [​IMG]

6. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I'm having trouble finding old posts of mine. I was trying to find my Amph cartoon thread and it seems as if I haven't posited since 2009 (excluding this and the one not long ago). What's with that? I think that might be about 20K of posts I'm missing, as I was over 50k before the move

7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I already told you - YES.

8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  9. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm definitely not the person doing that.

For once.

10. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Anyone? Any answers? I like my cartoon thread.

11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    We think that might be related to the indexing we're doing right now. When we have a better answer, we'll let you know.

12. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    The 'keep me logged in' button doesn't seem to be working. It could be just my end but I thought I'd report it here, just in case.

13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Did you navigate to the temp boards at any time? That will log you out of both.

14. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Ahh, that explains a lot. Thanks

15. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    We should probably start a separate thread on that...

16. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    For my fanfics there seems to be a limit to the size of the old posts. I am not the only person having this problem, friends of mine have said their chapters stop when they go over 10,000 characters. Along with the chapters cutting off in mid sentence the quotes have turned into question marks...but not everywhere. Half the chapter will look okay and then suddenly there are question marks all over the place. I can't fix these things since I cannot edit the older posts.

Also for fanfiction and fanart are we going to gain the ability to edit our first post so we can post the new update status in our title?

17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Did you read the notice in Fan Fic? If not, I suggest you take a gander here: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/truncated-posts.50003169/

As I mentioned earlier, the question mark crap's due to some weird formatting thing from IGN, rather than the import process per sé, so I don't think there's a fix. As for edit times, that's entirely up to the discretion of the section managers - the ability to implement that does, indeed, exist.

18. Stilett0

Stilett0 Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2012
    I sent a PM about my registration/login issues.

But I will post publicly that browsing Registered Members in order to find an account takes *forever*.

19. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    We moved?

[​IMG]

Book-Geek likes this.
  20. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    This may be a simple fix or maybe I just don't know how, but how do I change the title of a thread; ie: Chapter 1 posted today ? On the old boards we had to go to the very first post to change it. Thanks!

21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I don't think sigs were transferred. I copied mine over from the temp boards when we got access here.

22. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    It's probably because IGN used Western Alphabet and XenForo uses UTF-8 for character encoding. I'm afraid there's nothing we can do except repost.

23. Stilett0

Stilett0 Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2012
    Nah, I think a messageboard coder could fix that. Maybe not now that it's live though.

24. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Stars? I remember having some but they seem to no longer exist...

25. Stilett0

Stilett0 Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm getting an alert on every reply to this thread, but it is not a watched thread nor is it one on my profile (if I understand right)