main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA We're first! We're first!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by soneil, Jul 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
  2. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET ah!
    =P~

3. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Any news on what's going to be included in the "ultimate six-film boxset"?

4. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    starwars.com has an official release date in the US and worldwide as November 1st. Someone got their wires crossed?

5. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    there better be some bloody original trilogy deleted scenes instead of just bloody pictures of them!!!!!!

6. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    I'd ignore that part of the report, while it'll undoubtedly happen, there's been nothing announced officially.

7. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    Lucas so far has always ignored the dates and gone ahead with it early! Look at the DVDs for the original trilogy- we're only supposed to have them around now!

8. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Meh doesn't bother me, as long as I can afford to buy it :p

And yes, the saga box set is set for 2006 and that's all that is known for now. To be honest I don't think there will be many new extras, but one can hope.

9. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    Chances are lucas may tinker with the prequels eh?

Maybe add in a couple of scene extensions? get rid of the Yipeee?

Hey the original trilogy was only updated 6 months ago- time to fiddle with it again!
    :D

10. Master_Kaustin

Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002

Was announced at Comic Con that there will be a Saga boxset...

as Per leith who was at the convention! :)

11. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Got a link?

Besides, I never said it wouldn't happen, just that I wouldn't go by what they're saying in that report.

12. Symmbian

Symmbian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2004
    I just hope, there's not the obligatory "inbetween Dvds or videos" that had little more apart from a three minute clip of the next up coming episode, like we had between eps 1 & 2. George could do me a favour and go into Ep 4 and 6, edit out cardboard extras and cardboard starfighters in the background.

Oh and do Ep 3 over again with what should have been in there, IE Mon Motha's part in the setting up of the rebellion and such instead of focusing so much on Anakin. It was a given he was twisted and sliding, let's see other sub plots and character develope George.

I should have posted this in the Bitching Box, most likely.

Symmbian

13. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    See, you say that, yet many others are complaining Anakin's turn was too quick and there wasn't enough setting it up.

Just goes to show we fans are never happy and think we can do better.

14. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    By what leith told me,

During the seminar or whatever you call it...

they said there will be a saga boxset but prolly not till 2007...

and there will be changes AGAIN! :( in some of the movies...

Thats all he told me, hes coming over on sunday so i might be able to get more info

15. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    I think epIII struck a good balance. And it is primarily about anakin and not Vader. The original trilogy concentrates on Vader and Luke anyway.

16. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    they said there will be a saga boxset but prolly not till 2007...

Uh huh, which is why I said not to really trust that part of the article ;)

17. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    I dont trust most of the info they put on news.com.au i just wanted to inform the boards of what leith was told at the seminar with lucasfilm reps..

and piccys :p

[image=http://members.iinet.net.au/~kausty/leith1.jpg]

[image=http://members.iinet.net.au/~kausty/leith2.jpg]

In Leiths Words - about the boxset about 2007

That's what they implied at the star wars panel...they didn't say for sure though. They also implied there would be further additions/changes to the films.

Anywys, im gonna link this to leith if he wants to add anything he can signup and post away!

Edit - mmm Amy Allen is hot :p hahaha and i spose leith is too! haha :p

18. LBJ

LBJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2004
    Yeah Kausty pretty much has it right. The 30 year anniversary is likely to be a date for releasing the 6 dvd set, the question was asked about further changes etc and the response was it is something George is going to look at though any changes would probably be mostly to do with Episode 4 - 6 and not 1 - 3 so much (but don't rule it out).

There was a short mention of Indy IV just saying that Harrison Ford is pretty much the last person they need to get on board the project.

We also got to see some Ep 3 deleted scenes which was pretty cool.

19. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    And for anyone that didnt know LBJ is leith :)

20. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    I thought he was Lyndon B Johnson!

21. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    The 30 year anniversary is likely to be a date for releasing the 6 dvd set

Yep, which is the information I've had for about a year now, I dunno, one day you people will learn to listen to me ;)

There was a short mention of Indy IV just saying that Harrison Ford is pretty much the last person they need to get on board the project.

Anyone who's seen the AFI lifetime achievement awards for Lucas will tell you that Harrison Ford told George from the stage to get his finger out and get making it. I think he's safely on board...

We also got to see some Ep 3 deleted scenes which was pretty cool.

Did they show Yoda landing on Dagobah?

22. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    *groan*

I honestly don't want to see any more changes to the OT unless it involves restoring and cleaning up original footage like the deleted Biggs scenes on Tatooine. Anything other than that which has been added I don't think much of. Most of the additions to the special edititons I didn't like. The addition of Hayden to the ROTJ DVD didn't make sense to me unless they also made Obi and Yoda's ghosts young. After all, they all died old so why does one of them look young as a ghost? (non EU answers only) :confused: I suppose one way to look at it is that they've already bastardised the originals so much that a few more tweaks won't hurt, but the track record suggests that any future changes won't necessarily be improvements.
    Also, when I first saw the SE I never really thought it had much sense adding in that one scene with Biggs without also adding in the earlier Biggs scenes. All or nothing for me.
    In any case, unless they do add a heck of a lot of things that haven't been on DVD before (such as the scenes I mentioned or some kick ass behind the scenes stuff), then I can see absolutely no reason for anyone who already has all 6 DVDs to go out and buy the new box set. To me that would be being a fanboy for the sake of being a fanboy. The DVDs that have already been released have all been released with matching covers and I believe ROTS will also, so it's not as if they won't look like a neat set. They don't exactly have a shortage of features either. I think some studios have gone a bit crazy with some DVD releases. Matrix, Alien and X-Men are all movies I can think of that had new DVDs released when each of them already had prefectly good DVD versions with a good selection of special features. I guess GL's going the same way.

23. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    soneil posted on 7/28/05 7:07am
    I honestly don't want to see any more changes to the OT unless it involves restoring and cleaning up original footage
    [hr][/blockquote] Is there actually any original footage left in the OT? Can it really still be called the Original Trilogy when it's had so many new versions? Shouldn't it now be called the NSOT (Not So Original Trilogy)?

24. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    If you listen to the commentary, GL says that Hayden is the Ghost,as tha is the last time before he went to the dark side.

25. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I don't buy that though. Sebastian shaw portrayed Anakin afer he'd returned from the dark side so he was a light side Anakin when he died. Just seems to me like a change for the sake of making a change (a change which didn't look very good either I might add). I can see the logic in changing the ESB dialog between Vader and the emperor and adding a kiwi accent for boba but again, did we really need it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.