main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA What a year

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by sithmastersimon, Dec 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithmastersimon

sithmastersimon Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    hehe I like the style

2. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Actually.. Im 25.. my daughter would be... um..

Im not! Im not!

3. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Are you sure?

My year is beginning to finish the way it started!

And today I find out I'm being transferred to another store. Well, more like a long term relief, but still... :(

4. sithmastersimon

Apr 17, 2005
    which store?

5. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Floreat :_| It's a hole!

6. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    It's near me! I concur!

7. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    It' nowhere near me (I hope they give me petrol money) and apparently they're not very nice people at Floreat.

8. sithmastersimon

Apr 17, 2005
    ahh i shop at floreat sometimes, but yeah it is definately a hole, nothing like morley

9. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Ok, not a bad year for me in 2005. It's been fun...rewarding...what I expected.
    I turned 18 at the end of March which was handy. Spent a more time in the pubs than I did in the previous years. I planned my journey to Ireland with my girlfriend who I'm still extremely lucky to be with for another year. Hopefully many more to come. We've certainly had our ups and downs, it's hard to deal with relationship issues flawlessly when you're only still a teen, but I think we're doing better than a lot of adults I know so relationship wise: it's been a frickin great year.

I did my Cert III and IV in SCREEN at TAFE and landed some out of Tafe jobs. Currently working on one of them at the momment, making myself a small fortune doing what I love. My sister and her husband moved to Western Australia which was really cool. Now I've got a fellow drinker to hang out with when all my mates pike out.

I also got back into my passion for music. It's been years since I left music (due to a series of extremely severe injuries to fingers and wrists due to martial arts) and it's great to get back into it. The pain is still there when I play, but the sounds of the piano and acoustic guitar tend to be the cure...despite being the cause :)

Anyhoo, I've had a ripper year. Still I'm glad it's over. Nice to bring along 2006 for a fresh start. Fresh attitude. Things to look forwards to...and another good year to look back on.

10. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    And in news just to hand: Jedi Nat is not transferring to Floreat in the new year.

Merry Christmas!

11. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I was reflecting further on my year and I discovered that it wasn't really as bad as I originally thought it was. The year has flown by so fast that things I thought had happened last year actually happened at the beginning of this year.

In March some long lost cousins came back into my life and I got to meet a large chunk of my over-seas rellies. I went on a fantastic holiday with my family and got to catch up on the lost years and see how much my cousins have grown.

I had a job, so what if it didn't end up with me having money. I learned a lot more about what I am capable of doing when it comes to HTML and I also discovered that I'm not the designer I thought I was. If I could find someone who wasn't that good at coding but was great at designing I think I could come up with some pretty good pages, so that's something to look into.

I discovered that I have a talent for looking after young children, something I never really thought I would be very good at. I love watching them learn and I was lucky enough to help two children learn how to walk. That experience has helped me decide on a career path, and it is one that I already know there is work available in.

The universe threw a heap of crap at Soup and I, yet we still remained strong and we've managed to come out on top afer all. He is now in a job that makes him happy, we get to spend a lot more time together and we have learned a lot from our experiences throughout the year.

12. Loadeddog

Loadeddog Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    quick one for me
    DJ business going great and It has now expanded into karaoke so im working most weekends
    found a girlfriend who moved into my place with her two teenage children so I am having to behave in a responsable manner and put my youthfull hobbies on the backburner
    started a gasfitting buiness and now looking to expand into caravan repairs as well.
    all this to pay the morgage and the new council aproved shed (6m x 15m)
    and of course still driving the big green busses but not so much time on the road as I also have the role of depot co-ordiator half a day each day.
    more detail as I get more time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.