main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

what are you reading right now ?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by darth_hair, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    That's all my school is...it's a computer tech school...I'm a computer geek...Kinda

2. yodaman12002

yodaman12002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2003
    fun. comp geeks are some of the best kinds. at least thats what they tell me. my free time comes from a intro to PC applications, if i didn't need it for a pre reck i would never have taken it

3. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    just finished the third passing of the techno mage book. am working on the galaxies novel. i think i owuld be enjoying this book a whoel lot more if i played the game.

also finished isards revenge. this book was kind of crappy book to me. hoping starfighters will be better when i get it. also need to get the 2nd wheel of time book to read.

4. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    Still the first Halo book, and Roswell-Dreamwalk.

5. yodaman12002

Oct 24, 2003
    get the first halo book over with already. that book only took me a few hours and i know you read as fast as me. you still have two more to go in the hsalo saga

6. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    The Paradise Snare and The Schwartzbein Principle

7. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Finished The Paradise Snare which reminds me to go put my Bookman's credit in my purse!

Paradise Snare - very sentimental with a good background into Han's past.

8. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    Han's past? Was he really a Stormtrooper?

Not reading anything atm...

9. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    im reading Wheel of time: the great hunt. or something like that. i know it the second wheel of time book.

10. BountyHunter-Firefly

BountyHunter-Firefly Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2002
    Tatooine Ghost right now

Just got done with Specter of the Past. I've just been reading any SW book I can get my hands on. There's not a big selection in Iraq though. Oh well.

11. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    Well, I just finished reading...

*looks around cautiously*

The "last meal" requests of the last 301 Texas inmates that were executed. I went to my old chat hangout from back in the day, clicked some "free speech" link, and then another link on conspiracies, and then found myself stuck in some sort of morbid interest wanting to see what everyone did.

It was really quite interesting. I'd say in over half of them, drugs were involved -- either killing for drug money, or killing while all hyped up on something. Then you have about 1/3 that seem to be people with anger management problems, and a handful of people that just didn't fit into society and seemed to freak out a lot. A very very small percentage were just plain sick, and there were a couple that were just plain evil. Not Emperor evil, either -- I mean, like, EVIL.

Their last meal requests were...I dunno. You could tell that some were favorite foods, some just wanted to indulge in everything, and a couple might've been foods they ate when they were kids. One guy just wanted some Cool Whip and cherries. Another actually asked for Eucharist. The ones that last final statements were mostly the drug-related ones saying they were sorry. The moral of that, I guess, is: "Drugs are bad, mmmm'kay?" After they were sober, they knew they screwed up -- some of the others just plain didn't care.

There were a few other patterns in there, too, the factors I won't post mostly to avoid any potential flames, but it's surprising how many people back in the 80s were given 3rd and 4th and even 5th chances at fitting into society (after doing some REALLY bad things), while others were executed almost right on the spot.

One of the slightly amusing ones was a video store clerk that killed some 19-yr-old's parents because she promised him $1 million to do it. I mean, how dumb can a guy get? And yet, the girl got off, even after letting the guy into her house by giving him their alarm system codes. *facepalm*

I won't post the link -- some of the...errr..."content" was a little gruesome to read -- even for me, but PM if yer interested (high unlikely that any of you are). I've always been interested in weird stuff like this, and wouldn't mind working for the FBI tracking down weirdos (even before the X-Files), but, well...the wife won't let me. :p

I think I'll go watch some http://www.happytreefriends.com now to shake off some of the heebie jeebies I got while reading a couple of those things...

12. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    you can never go wrong with the happy tree friends!

13. yodaman12002

Oct 24, 2003
    the mars cronicles
    long time since i read it so i'll try it again

14. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    i think survivors quest is out now.

15. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Got the urge to read some Raymond E. Feist last night so I picked up Magician: Apprentice and started attacking that again. Great book, I love it. Hard to put down.

When I'm a bigtime director I want to make it into a movie :D (it'd have to be a duology for Magican: Apprentice and Magician: Master).

16. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    The Lost Daughters of China

*SB*

17. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I have two books that just arrived, and maybe tomorrow I can start reading them (eyes still a little blurry). :)

Fatal Interview & Renasance and Other Poems By Edna St. Vincent Millay :)

18. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    im almost done with the 4th x wing book . need to start the last NJO book

19. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    I want to read Shogon, I have the book, but I just haven't gotten to do it yet.

But I am reading "The Zen of Direct 3D Game Programming" it is a lot of fun.

20. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    Finished the first Halo book, working on Roswell-Dreamwalk.

21. yodaman12002

Oct 24, 2003
    halo the fall of reach
    i just can't get enough of that book

22. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Zoo, are you still reading up on me? 8-}

I'm reading the Silmarillion....again. This is the third time in as many months. Just cant get enough, lol.

Next I plan on reading the Story of O. Zoo lent it too me...thanks luv.

23. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    [face_laugh] Just kidding! 8-}

*SB*

24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Currently reading the last book in the NJO series of books.

25. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    started in on survivors quest. put the dragon reborn on hold.

and on a totally different note i just found the dragon reborn. i put it somewhere 2 days ago. and i just found it. sitting right next to me. on the computer table 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.