main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What do you think the trailer will be like?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by BobaFett688, Jul 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaFett688

BobaFett688 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2001
    What do you guys think the first Episode III trailer will look like? I'll start it out, and you guys work off of me.

20th Century Fox and Lucasfilm logos fade in, then fade to black. The beginning of "Across the Stars" fades in as we see Padme, sitting in a room that overlooks all of Coruscant. She is pregnant.

2. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Good theroy, I think it will show Anakin`s anger beginnig to grow between the gap,and possibly at the end we see a little bit of the Obi-Wan vs Anakin duel.

3. BobaFett688

Sep 7, 2001
    The very last shot should be Anakin falling toward lava and just as he's about to hit the screen flashes to the Episode III logo.
    THAT would really get us intersted, kinda like how we almost saw Anakin decapitate a Tusken Raider in the Forbidden Love trailer.

4. Darth_Dragon_7

Darth_Dragon_7 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    There is a thread similar to this in the spoiler forum (I know I said I'd be spoiler free, but everything is prety much speculation now) and I posted the same thought there: I don't want to see anything from the duel in the trailers. It should all be a surprise.

5. Darth_Potter

Darth_Potter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2001
    I think Bobafett688 has a good idea. Only like the Tusken thing, we shouldn't know it's lava. Would you think a face view (him falling to the camera) would be better or a far away distance?

6. haakun

haakun Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2002
    The first ep-III trailer could show us images from the clone war (ships battles, etc.), images of chaos and destruction.

It would be a good introduction,
    IMO.

7. TheVioletBurns

TheVioletBurns Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    I also want to see absolutely nothing of the duel in the trailer.

For some reason I imagine the Episode III trailer as being very themed and artistic, which means it'll never happen heehee, but that's okay, it's fun to imagine...regardless, I see a lot of buffed-up-Anakin-in-black, weilding the blue saber that Luke will own someday...

8. BobaFett688

Sep 7, 2001
    I was also thinking that maybe we will see Obi-Wan saying how he should have beleived Dooku when he said that Palpatine was corrupted and a Sith Lord.

9. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    The teaser? It'll be short, like the AOTC one, just reintroducing us to the characters. It'll probably start off with Anakin, then Obi-Wan, then Padme, then Dooku, maybe panning to reveal a landed (or flying in space) army/fleet. Maybe a single line of dialogue from Anakin or Palpatine.

That's all I really want. Then the trailers can do what all the others do, explain the plot.

10. BobaFett688

Sep 7, 2001
    Yeah, that sounds good. When I saw "Breathing" I thought it was awesome but I was disappointed that the only sound besides the breathing and the bongo drums was the clash of lightsabers. Forbidden Love was cool because there was dialogue and action, and Clone War was even cooler because there was the plot, more dialogue, and a lot more action. Fortunately we only had to wait a few weeks after Breathing came out to see Forbidden Love. Hopefully Episode III's teasers and trailers will follow the same routine.

11. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    At the end i think we should se the outlines of to people (think westen showdown) and you see one ignite a red saber and one ignite a blue

12. IronParrot

IronParrot Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 2, 1999
    The trailer should not show us any footage of the final duel. It should be a fair bit of a tease... mostly quickly intercut footage and not too much dialogue.

The trailer will, unfortunately, show us too much.

13. 5darth2maul1

5darth2maul1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Lots of Anakin, lots of Imperial March...

521 :)

14. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    I would like to see some footage of Anakin fighting Obi-Wan, as well as another lightsaber duel, if it happens, that perhaps pits Anakin against Dooku again.

But I don't want to see anything of Anakin as Vader. That should be left for the movie, like the Yoda lightsaber fight was left for the movie.

ST

15. 5darth2maul1

Mar 3, 2002
    I also agree with everyone who said that none of the Ani/Obi fight should be shown. I want to be surprised when I see the movie...

16. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    The last image of the trailer wil probably be a shot of Vader in full costume. They're going to market the hell out of his image.

17. 5darth2maul1

Mar 3, 2002
    That would suck. :(

18. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    You know it's going to happen, though. What else could be more effective at getting people's butts into seats for Episode III than the promise of Darth *@#%ing Vader in all his glory?

19. 5darth2maul1

Mar 3, 2002
  20. tabbafett

tabbafett Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2001
    Hew has a point. I know that even if I wasn't as big of a fan as I am, and I saw Darth Vader was in this next star wars film I'd be like, "woah." And like, "yeah." Which is what I'm sure most of the general audience will also say.

But seriously, That'd be one sure fire way of getting people to come see a star wars movie.

21. Hatter

Hatter Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    Ideally, I want to walk into Ep. III without having seen any of the trailers.
    Realistically, I'll probably cave and watch the first one. I'll try like hell to avoid the others.

I remember shots very well... with AotC, since I had watched the trailers over and over, the first viewing seemed just like a big mix of all the trailer footage I had seen. I'd be thinking in my head, "oh, there's that shot from Mystery", and it would take me out of the movie.

So, I want to see the least amount of footage possible. :)

22. Bcanr2d2

Bcanr2d2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2002
    I would assume Vader, if only at the end of the trailer. A lot of Imperial March, and like Breathing for AOTC, a lot of images that will leave a big mark in our minds......

23. Imperial_Guard

Imperial_Guard Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    The teaser trailer will almost certainly have a teaser image of Vader, assuming that the suit is essentially the same. This is one of the reasons that I feel that Episode III will actually surpass AOTC's box office. Vader is a strong selling point along with the film giving resolution to the prequels and completing the saga.

24. BobaFett688

Sep 7, 2001
    What if we saw just one split second of the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan duel, and we couldn't even tell who Anakin was fighting?

And no, I don't think we will see Vader. But unless Vader feels its too overused, we might get to hear the breathing. But I don't want to see anything of Vader, because that's what people have been looking for the whole time since Episode I, and if GL shows it in a teaser or trailer, some people might figure, "Why go see it?"

I might not watch the full trailer, but I'll definately watch the teasers. This time around "Foribbidden Love" was good for me (though "Clone War" remained my favorite.)

25. Ryman

Ryman Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2002
    Definetly not to much remeber the AOTC trailers they showed like all of the Anikan with 2 lightsabers which was my favorite part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.