main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH What do you want out of our Fanforce?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by padawan_schlicher, Jan 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    The whole thing is not having a "council" or having officers, the thing is about starting to do fun stuff.

2. DARTHAUDITOR

DARTHAUDITOR Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2003
    I think an informative meeting to let everyone express his or her opinion on the group and the activities is a great idea. Especially for those of us who have never been to a meeting. Is Feb. 2nd the official date for the next meeting, and if so what time?

3. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    OK, so what is "fun stuff?" That was another major reason that I started this thread was to get input on "fun stuff," what it is that the rest of the group wants to do or would like to see done and a council and bilaws and such are a means to that end.

4. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    aj what are you talking about? why do we have to have rules and bylaws? why can't we just be a group of star wars fans that get together and do stuff? if i wanna throw a star wars cookout or if ludo wants to go to a group movie or if jedi mike wants to have a tournament of masters of teras kasi...why can't we just all get together and do stuff? why does everything always have to be a debate? EDIT from now on if i come up with a idea or plan something i am just gonna post it and whoever wants to come can come and i could give two EDIT if it's considered official. same goes for the rest of you...if you have a idea or wanna host something or do something just post it and whoever is interested can attend and whoever is not interested doesn't need to. i just wanna hang out and get to know you guys by doing stuff together, not constantly bickering over rules and all the other EDIT . like this meeting or whatever on the 2nd...we probably won't even mention anything star wars at it, it'll be nothing but argueing and setting stuff up for the next boring ass meeting in a month where it will be the same crap recycled.

5. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Well, that was a pretty spicy way to put it, but well, I agree in the idea with what Sean had to say. The only thing you seem to care about is who's in control and who's enforcing "the rules". I think you unfortunately became too much of a control/rule freak, too bad.

6. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    This is a part of a much bigger group. There are standards set up by those who are in charge that everyone must follow. The reason for establishing rules and such is to deal with problems before they happen. The problem with just anouncing a meeting or event without it being official is that no one comes, even if it is a "fun" event like having people over to someone's house for games or a movie or what not. If I recall Sean, you have only been to one meeting, that meeting was a sit down meeting for a reason, it was to announce and discuss the fanfilm which we may be a part of.

Everything has it's reason or purpose, if all we were was a group of people who liked star wars that occasionally did stuff there would be no growth, no meeting new people, and no connection to the larger world of FanForce. Meeting new people has been established as a desire of most of the group, however, this kind of bickering does nothing but drive new people away, thus the NEED of some sort of organization to prevent all of this from happening again.

7. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Um, and the question is, what have we been as a group for the past 7 month?

8. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    Enforcing rules is part of the job...Until recently, when everyone started being incredibly rude to one another, there was no need to enforce any rules. Rules and laws are a part of life, and a part of any successful organization, without them there would be anarchy. It has nothing to do with a power trip, I dread hitting the post button every time I have to warn someone about something in a pm or post one of these posts that everyone seems to take the wrong way. From the beginning I have said that it is everyone's group, I have just been keeping things on the track that I thought was the best for everyone, if that sometimes wasn't "fun" for someone at least it included everyone. I have done my best to do all these things and have even made it very clear that I am willing to have others in on the decision making process, even those "hostile" to me and "hostile" to the way that I had thought best to run things.

To the best of my memory, after the complaint about Barnes and Noble meetings was raised there was one last meeting there which had been arranged prior to the complaint. All the meetings since then have been places other than Barnes and Noble.

Between now and the Feb 2nd informative/discussion meeting I am having a Super Bowl party at my apartment that everyone is invited to. After the meeting on the 2nd we can all meet for bowling or something fun either the following week or the week after depending on what everyone decides on the 2nd.

9. jedimike421

jedimike421 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2002
    Sean, we have been posting what we want to do for sometime. I have on a few occasions invited people to my home in the way of a public post to see a movie, whether it be horror or Sci-fi, and I am thinking of doing one for next thursday for the movie Signs. I also think that bi-laws and rules are not a bad idea in that they give us all a certain accountability for our actions but I am sure that all of them will be a subject to a vote and not made with out little thought.

I for one think that, due to a conflict with 2 former members, if laws or rules for ethics & conduct were set into place they would have corrected my dilemma and possibly not resulted into my initiative to take matters into my own hands. Since there were no rules at the time I did take matters into my own hands cause I felt that I had no other choice. I for one know that A.J. won't dream up unneccesary rules and enforce them upon other members. We do however need to meet and get some stuff going as to if we are going to have a council, not have a council, stay with just our city rep, and so on and so forth. We need to discuss different meeting places for future meetings and decide what we all want as far as it goes as activities, places to meet, and as a matter of fact I think I will do a showing of Signs at my house this thursday Jan 23rd. It will give us an oppertunity to get to know each other, see a movie, play video games, discuss Fan Force and watch a movie, and most important of all, eat pizza. More details later on mon or tuesday.

10. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    I believe it IS a power trip, you can't talk to people like you would talk to kids. Who do you think you are?? People warned me (old Queencity Force AND NK FF) about you being in a CR position... I guess I should have listened to them back then :)
    Hey Sean, what about building our own fanforce, other people did that before :)

11. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Actually Ludo that is a very interesting idea...and since I actually live closer to Dayton than Cincinnati and I know several Star Wars fans in that area...that might actually work. We could be the Dayton FF. LET THE SEPERATIST MOVEMENT BEGIN!

12. jedimike421

jedimike421 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2002
    Qui-Gon Ludo was your last post meant for me or Padawan, I am confused by what you meant by it? PM me your response if you'd like to.

13. DARTHAUDITOR

DARTHAUDITOR Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2003
    I have not been to a meeting yet, but I must agree with ludo and sean. Meetings should involve starwars info while being something fun. I also live closer to Dayton up her in West Chester, and I would not mind doing something further north. If anyone has any good ideas of fun things to do let me know. I mean no disrespect to anyone, I just think a group like this is about meeting people and having a kick ass time. By the way, go raiders!

14. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Nono, mike, I wasn't aiming at you, no worries there!

15. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    ARGH, NO, NO RAIDERS, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

16. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    hold up guys before going off and doing other things. i havent been in this fanforce long at all, but i do agree with padawan, there has to be certain rules that need to be enforced or else there will be anarchy and a split in the fanforce and no new members will join.

but i do feel for quigon, sean, and jedimike. i think it will be great to have meetings where we can just hang out and have fun, and whoever wants to come can come and have fun(official or nonofficial meetings).

so if there can somehow have a truce involved and everybody will be happy then i am for it. otherwise this fanforce will likely fail.

17. looch_rhysode

looch_rhysode Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2002
    Sorry, I have to start out with a Palpatine quote: "I will not let this Fanforce, which has stood for at least six or seven months be split in two!" :) Sorry, eternally the QuoteGuy.

Anywho. I came to this the FanForce section to try to find some Cincinnati-area fans, get together, have some fun doing things that are just that. But everybody does need some kind of, for lack of a better word, constitutional base in order for any organization to be successful. I have yet to even attend a meeting, but I know that we'll have no fun at all without doing a little work and getting our hands dirty first.

My two cents.

18. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    As pointed out in the Drunken Karaoke thread, stop the getting trashed comments now. Promoting drinking, sex, drugs is not allowable on FanForce. FanForce is for everyone, all ages, genders, orientations, ethnic groups, religions, political affiliatons and what have you.

If you want to do stuff at a bar, go ahead, but do not use the FF boards to organized getting wasted. Do it via email if you must organize. If you do not want 'official' NoKY/Cincinnati events, use email. This board is to generate ideas for events, recruit and maintain members, stay in touch with you FF friends. So, you have to expect that the events discussed on these boards would be open to all. Forget the stip bar or the golf club that only lets in people of certain wealth or color.

Also using one-letter substitutions and swearing are not acceptable on TFN boards.

19. droberts

droberts Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2002
    Hey everyone, I'm not really a member but wanted to try and help out a bit. My name is Dustin Roberts, I work over at Rebelscum.com and as well at TheForce.net. I live on the east side of Cincinnati and am a collector. I am the regional director for the Cincinnati chapter of The Ohio Star Wars Collector Club ( http://www.oswcc.com ) and thought maybe I could help. We meet once a month ( always the second Saturday )and it's always at another members house so someone would always have to step up and volunteer, who ever does host buys snacks and pop to go around. It's more of a social event / party than activity like Bowling but it brings us all together to talk shop and see who has the coolest new thing for their collection. You can get an idea of what goes on at our meetings by checking out some photos from past meetings at our website http://www.oswcc.com Every summer we also have what we call a "Summer Social" where all three established regions ( Columbus, Cincinnati and Akron ) all come together in one area for a all day party / BBQ. There are tons of ways to do it but it takes everyone wanting to do it, The Fan Force Club is whatever you make it out to be. You might want to try contacting the Indy Knights as well for some tips. I've been to one of their meetings and they seem to do a pretty good job out there. Anyways, just my 2 cents. Email me if you're a collector interested in meeting up monthly with other collectors in the Tri-State area! Dustin@rebelscum.com

20. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    As far as movies go, I have a suggestion. There are couple of theaters in Hamilton that are too bad on the budget. The regula admission price is $6.50 for first run movies and $5.00 for students. Also, there free refills on the drinks and popcorn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.