main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What do you want to see in an Indiana Jones film?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by DarthGeist, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthGeist

DarthGeist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2008
    Hullo everyone. I'm sure this topic has been done over a million times, but seeing as how every thread in this section is either dead or locked, I'm bound and determined to start trying to revive the Indy talk. I've been on a huge Indy kick as of late and I need people to share in my geekdom.

So, to get started, what are some elements that you would like to see in an Indiana Jones film?

I would like to see something involving WWII airplanes (akin to the Last Crusade dogfight), a mcguffin from Japan (seriously, there are not enough Indy stories in the land of the rising sun. It's always China and Lao Che) and I would like to see Mutt Williams revisited. Yes, Mutt was probably one of the reasons KOTCS caught a bunch of flak, but I think the idea of Indy having a son presents interesting story possibilities ... we just have to get Mutt's character handled properly and not swinging through jungles.

Any thoughts?

2. Separatist101

Separatist101 Jedi Master star 3

May 11, 2010
    Everything that's been in all of the films to date.

(Good storyline, lots of action, the signature music etc)

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    The Russians getting their act together and making a go at stealing the Ark instead of some dead alien body.

I'd like to see Mutt again as well-I like how the end of the fourth film basically said he isn't really "Indy Jr." by having him not get the hat.

Although it'll never happen, Indy's Office Of Strategic Services duty mentioned in Kingdom just screams "movie" to me. You could have Indy be the OSS guy who gets sent whenever the Nazis start screwing around with occult craziness. :p

4. JFuchs77

JFuchs77 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Indy being called "Indiana Jones" more than "Henry Jones Jr.". The only name for Indy that I'd let slip is "Dr. Jones".

5. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    A solid story line, and a focus on the supernatural, not the paranormal.

6. Lizardmonkey

Lizardmonkey Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2002
    - Indy going "Bourne" as Marion and Mutt are killed by the Ton Ton Macoute while vacationing in Haiti

OR...

- Any story involving him going rogue - which Crystal Skull could have become.

- Indy in Britain - you have Arthur, Scottish and Irish myths - a whole plethora of potential!

- Indy meeting and beating up a young Dan Brown.

7. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    AGREED.
    In the way that Temple of Doom was a prequel to Raiders, I'd like any future movie to be a prequel to that last movie they did. Honestly, bring back an old fashioned adventure with Indy and a gang of acceptable characters that serve a purpose besides mere annoyance (maybe bring Sallah back but not necessarily.)

8. JediRunner

JediRunner Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2005

I wish that would be great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.