main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What happened to the Forums?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by SithLordPat, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordPat

SithLordPat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    I apologize to the moderator(s) if this in in the wrong place, but I cannot think of where to type this.

I remember when the forums had so so many members. Now there are so few, you have to possibly wait days to see someone make a post, or reply to yours. It's very saddening :(

Then again, maybe it's because I started using the boards around the time ROTS came out. Just venting what's been on my mind whenever I visit these boards anymore.

Edit: Moved from WNU to Comms.

2. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Short answer: the last regular SW movie (not counting the short Clone Wars movie) came out 5 years ago, and overall interest has, naturally, waned a bit in the years since. There are still plenty of things to discuss coming out (such as the Clone Wars TV show and all the books and comics), but neither is on the same level as the prequel trilogy in terms of attracting fans and bringing them to online forums to discuss. Just a fact of life.

3. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    We've started getting trolls/spammers in the movie forums again, so things are looking up! [face_laugh]

Seriously, it is a shame that the Boards seem to have had their day and all we're left with now is the die hards, but that was inevitably going to happen when Lucas stopped making the movies.

If we ever get round to the live action series, that may give the forums a boost, but again, nothing like the Prequel era, sadly.

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Unless someone makes another movie...

5. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Just realized I typed 5 years above... its almost 6 now.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPPj6viIBmU

The most discussed Star Wars film in the history of the JC needs a new installment!

In the interim, we desperately need to have a discussion about the COMPLETELY EPIC SPECIAL EDITION: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GJOVPjhXMY&feature=related

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  8. JediPriestess

JediPriestess Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2004
    This is not just limited to TFN, all the boards everywhere are seeing a sharp decline in posting and all the boards agree that Facebook is the main reason.

9. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    So its simple. We take down Facebook

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    We need a strategy! And a general! And a recruitment poster!

11. Darth_Oracle

Darth_Oracle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    I too remember the Golden Era of these forums. Man if I counted all the time spent on here, all the excitement of the PSA's, the drama of Inter-Mod fighting... I always thought they should make a movie about it, documentary perhaps... I could totally see it playing out like a "Social Network" type film...

Anyway wanted to check in, see how things are. I'll be around!

SithLordPat likes this.
  12. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    i could be your recruitment poster[face_batting]

13. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Any kind of movie? I've got a camera. Let's roll!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.