main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT What happens to people frozen in carbonite?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by vypernight, Dec 15, 2012.

1. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    TCW ruins continuity.

2. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    There was nothing ruined as far as I know. It just showed that Anakin was familiar with carbon freezing, and he wasn't taking any chances when it came to freezing Luke.

3. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    I don't think han was aware of whats going on. But if so it would be similar to locked in syndrome which is a real thing

4. Jedi Master Thon

Jedi Master Thon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2013
    I'm not too keen on this, but it's basically putting your body into stasis, leaving you alive, but your bodily functions shut down. A side effect is blindness, often permanent when in freeze stasis too long.

5. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Another question: I know Force Users cannot use the Force while frozen, but can users sense those frozen? For example, if Luke had been a full Jedi, could he sense Han's location if he was close enough?

6. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    "It also seems that carbonite lowered all biological and electronic processes to a point where a master of the Force would miss."

From the Wookieepedia article on carbonite, final line of the entry: Carbonite

7. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Okay so probably not. I was trying to figure that out for my story and that works. Thanks.

8. A'den Skirata

A'den Skirata Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    I use to think that the victims was unaware of anything, until they were unfrozen.

Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  9. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    If you want to bring the EU into this, carbon freezing differs from the stasis booths from Han Solo at Stars End, in that carbon freezing seems to involve the recipient having some measure of conciousness, but no ability to move or sense their surroundings. Stasis booths seem to just put someone on pause for as long as the power is switched on.