main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR What has changed? Is the game better now?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Alpha268, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Alpha268

Alpha268 Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2012
    Hi

Back when the game got released I played for a while, but was ultimatly disappointed and stopped. Not enough Story for an RPG, not enough Multiplayer for an MMO. Plus very strange gameplay choices.

For example I major letdown was the space part - Who decided to replace the neat "Space Sim Lite"-mode that Star Wars Galaxies had with this boring "railshooter"???

Anyway, were there any changes recently? Maybe something announced, especially regarding the space part?

2. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Space hasn't changed, but the space missions remain useful for their commendations as these can be used for getting level 7 and 8 crafting materials without having to do hard mode flashpoints. Not bad for a bit of easy pew pew.

Space improvements will come along, plus SWTOR is completely different to SWG aside from the Star Wars label.

As for not enough story, I don't get that personally. 8 individual story lines?

What else are you wondering about in terms of changes? Groupfinder is awesome now that we have it, I think two new operations have been added since the game came out... the Legacy system makes things pretty cool...

Check the patch notes for each major release maybe? 1.2, 1.3, 1.4?

1.5 will bring a new companion.