main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT What if Grievous Kills Palpatine?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Kiryan, Jan 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    We assume the relationship between Grievous and Palpatine was that Grievous didn't know that Palpatine and Sidious were one and the same, so what happens if, during his capture at Coruscant, that Grievous kills the Chancellor?

What exactly is the effect upon the rest of the SW saga?

Order66Survivor likes this.
  2. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Well, no empire. He dies, Grevious gives the Jedi even more of a reason to kill his ass, and the senate elects a chancellor that's just a regular person that has no Force abilities.

Ironically, Grevious would've saved the entire galaxy if he had killed Palpatine then and there, and he wouldn't even know it.

The Clone Wars would've ended sooner or later, the Jedi would still be around. Anakin? Well...there's already a subject for what the Council would do to him once they find out about his marriage and fatherhood.

3. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Forgetting for the moment that Sidious gave Grievous explicit orders not to harm Palpatine, the whole saga would have been turned upside-down. Anakin likely wouldn't have turned, Order 66 never would have been issued, and once Dooku and Grievous are dead, the Clone Wars would end with a victorious Republic and things would continue on as they had for a thousand years.

4. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    But would Padme die?

5. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Heh, Grievous would've saved the galaxy from hell. But he didn't, 'cause he's a n00b. :p

6. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Assuming that Palpatine lets himself be killed by grievous...

7. Caleb89sw

Caleb89sw Jedi Master star 1

Oct 30, 2010
    I'm not sure, but not likely. Without Palpatine, Anakin would have no way or desire to turn to the dark side in the first place. In addition, he probably wouldn't have had the vision in the beginning, giving him no reason to join the dark side.

8. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    Padme died of a broken heart.........

9. DARTHLINK

Feb 24, 2005
    Brought about by all the stuff Anakin did, thanks to Palpatine's manipulations. Without Palpatine, Anakin wouldn't get the dreams. All Anakin would have to worry about is having to explain to the Jedi Council why he suddenly has two babies in his apartment room. The same apartment room in which he shares with Madame Padme Amidala.

10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    That's a popular fan theory, but as far as I know it's never been confirmed.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    What DARTHLINK said.

Anakin would not have turned. And if the ROTS novelization is any indication, he probably would have left the Order--he said he was planning to do so once the war ended. If he had not left the Order first, he would have had to deal with whatever the Jedi threw at him once they found out that he was the father of Padme's children.

Grievous would have done the entire galaxy a huge favor, although they might not have seen it as such. The news story would have been that Grievous killed their beloved Chancellor.

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Haha, yes. And it would make Grievous the Chosen One. :p

beatbox likes this.
  13. Caleb89sw

Caleb89sw Jedi Master star 1

Oct 30, 2010
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

14. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    Greivous the Chosen One. That is beyond Comprehension.

15. Nagai

Nagai Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2010
    What would had happened if the charging Kaleesh would had been killed Palpatine.

16. DARTHLINK

Feb 24, 2005
    I can imagine the Jedi's reactions when they find out.

Jedi: The Chosen One was...Grevious!?

Anakin: Welp, I'm not the Chosen One, after all. Hey, guys! I'm leaving and ain't comin' back. Ciao!!

Darkslayer likes this.
  17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    And... "Oh, and Padme's pregnant. And I'm the dad. Suckers."

18. Lumiyas_Head

Lumiyas_Head Jedi Master star 2

Jul 10, 2007
    Well, the ROTS novel shows how easily Grievous is manipulated with a mind trick. So, I would assume Palpatine would have intervened before any threat against him came to pass.

19. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I can just imagine if Grievous attempted to kill Palpatine once he has captured.
    Palptaine would scold him with something like this: "You insolent brute."
    And then crush his skull with the Force.
    :D

20. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Without Palpatine, Anakin would still get the dreams through the Force, as yoda said, it shows you the past and future.

Also, I kind of like how the story is ironic in Episode 3, where they rescue the Chancellor Palpatine, who is actually Darth sidious and the emperor, meaning obi wan helped rescue the emperor. If he hadn't done that, nothing in the saga would've happened. They kind of helped the bad guy and were responsible, albeit unwillingly, for what happened.

The bad guy pretending to be a prisoner of his own forces so the good guys rescue him is an interesting concept.

21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    And who said the future without Palpatine had Padmé dying?

22. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Anakin would still get the vision of Padme dying, even without Palpatine. Palpatine didn't send him the visions. That would make anakin's fall cheap and too orchestrated, and it would make Palpatine some kind of all powerful god who controls everything that happens in the saga.

He got the visions because the Force could sense what would happen if he responded to the visions and tried to act on them and save padme. Self fullfilling prophecy.

23. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I hated general grevious. They had a cool idea, a space cyborg general. Yet, his voice was so annoying, he was so boring, and he didn't do anything cool, like in the clone wars tv series. That's one flaw of episode 3. But overall it was an awesome prequel. I loved Grevious in the clone wars series.

If I was George Lucas, the prequels would have an intergalactic invasion, rather than the Separatists. Grevious would come from another galaxy.

Another thing I don't like about the prequels. Anakin being the chosen one. Yet, mace windu was just about to be the chosen one and defeat Sidious, and as others said, Grevious could have been the chosen one too. Anakin was not a powerful jedi. It was chance that Anakin fullfilled the prophecy in the original trilogy.

24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    4,5 and 6 as we know them wouldn't have happened.

25. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Who likes the idea of an intergalactic invasion in the prequels as opposed to the Separatist storyline? Why or why not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.