main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the most stupid complaint you have heard about AOTC?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by rpeugh, May 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    A lot of critics have bashed AOTC and it has really ticked me off. They played a Jedi mind trick on everybody and told them to hate TPM which was an awesome movie (although AOTC was better) and now they're trying to do it to AOTC. The worst thing is that they are giving stupid reasons for they're bad reviews. I think the most stupid complaint is that there is no villain as terrifying as Darth Vader. Ok, look, none of these prequel villains should upstage Darth Vader anyway, b/c Vader is the most powerful Sith (outside of Sidious). But you have to be smoking something pretty leathal to think that Count Dooku is not an awesome villain!

What do you think is the most stupid complaint? I know, its hard to pick one , b/c there are so many of them.

2. Razorback

Razorback Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 2, 2001
    Two of them are EASY:

Waxing poetic about the puppets over cgi (give me a break, the puppets look awful when compared with cgi)..

and..

Complaints about bad acting when compared to the original trilogy (which is mind boggling since the acting in the OT... more in ROTJ than the others, is AWFUL).

RB

3. classixboy

classixboy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    That it's "complicated and boring." Technically this is two criticisms, but in most people's eyes complicated = boring. In my opinion AOTC is neither complicated nor boring. I agree with the BBC review: it is "richly dramatic."

4. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    "it looked too fake"

5. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    The fans whine too much about critics. ;) j/k

The corny love story is #1 even though it's NOT corny.

6. Razorback

Razorback Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 2, 2001
    Someone should create a list of complaints and the fan response. After all, if you like this movie you are branded a "fanboy" or "gusher" so we might as well make it official. :)

RB

7. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    All very good choices. Another stupid complaint is that "it doesn't have enough action". It doesn't have any less action than the films in the OT!

8. Cyan_Dawn

Cyan_Dawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 1999
    "Where's the magic?"

9. Sonic_Pumpkins

Sonic_Pumpkins Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2001
    lol, I like the complaint about AOTC being boring and slow...hahaha! In who's twisted mind is a Star Wars movie boring? If AOTC is boring to them, I just wonder what their daily lives are like!! Wow. What an enthralling flick that would be...'A Day in the Exciting Life of Roger Ebert.'

10. JBFett

JBFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    People who bash AOTC were either
    a)not fans of the original trilogy
    b)dont remember anything from the originals

11. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    As my local movie critic put it... Lucas said we would know why Anakin turned to the dark side, and after my viewing, I see no indications that Anakin would one day be that Dark Lord."

:eek: Ahem... does "They are animals, and I slaughtered them like animals!" ring a bell to anyone?? :eek:

12. MatRags

Feb 5, 2001
    lol @ Sonic Pumpkin :D

hey, I wouldn't mind Ebert's job. Watching movies all day and whichever studio pays you the highest gets good review. ;)

13. Dusty

Dusty Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    The dumbest complaint would have to be: Its had 12 days and it's *only* made a little over 200 mil!

14. ewingsquadron

ewingsquadron Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2001
    "Racism in Star Wars"

and

"Too much CGI"

15. phantom31415

phantom31415 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2002
    Dumbest complaint Gold Medalist:

People with "Freudian interpretations" of Anakin's dream sequence.

Perverts.

16. Sonic_Pumpkins

Sonic_Pumpkins Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2001
    I find it funny that Ebert's undying love of film has caused him to loose touch with the fact that the movie, not the format, is what should matter, ultimately (See Attack of the Clones review...actually a review of digital film). When he gave Episode II ** stars...it was more like he gave Digital Film ** stars and disregarded the movie completely!

17. jedilove007

jedilove007 Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    The stupidest complaint I've heard to date was on this message board yesterday, I think; this person hated the movie just because Artoo flew in the factory, but took one step at a time on the stairs at Naboo, which "took an eternity"

and the racism accusations are pretty stupid too.

18. Moeskywalker64

Moeskywalker64 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    It's a prequel so therefore it sucks.
    Original Trilogy is Holy.
    No action(I can see how this can be true...if you are a freakin' vegetable!)
    and the best one which has already been said "Where is the Magic?" You idiots you can't see the magic because you dont WANT to see it.

19. MatRags

Feb 5, 2001
    Yeah, Ebert kept saying it was blurry... And he blaims this on Lucas

Another complaint: "AOTC had No humor" or "bad humor"

What the #@!$, I laughed more in AOTC than I did at over half the comedies last year.

20. Jedzelex

Jedzelex Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2002
    Roger Ebert has become a joke as a critic IMO.

I mean, this guy recomended Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy! He said that the first movie was a good popcorn movie [I guess the audience found it more entertaining to go out and buy popcorn than to sit and watch the friggin' movie!]. And... I guess he loved the acting in the Final Fantasy CGI movie [especially the love scenes]. Sheesh! That movie was the "Tron" of the new century! Get yer act togheter Ebert!

And his review on Spiderman stinks too. He couldn't understand why Peter didn't want to get involved with Mary Jane at the end of the movie. Pfft!

Ebert these days is more at home reviewing foreign movies that most ppl will not go out to see.

His review on AOTC is very DUMB. It's like he watched the first half of the movie and made his review on that alone... he never gave the movie a second chance. With that movie that was a mistake! AOTC requires a second viewing!

21. woody_1138

woody_1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2000
    My friend and I were in Wal-Mart and he saw Count Dooku's lightsaber.
    He says: "Why is Lucas coming up with all these new sabers? We have a double one, a purple one, and now a crooked one? We never saw any of these in the old ones."

Um...that's because we only saw Vader's, Luke's and Obi-Wan's.

Another one of my friends said that the Sith should be scary looking (Like Vader and Maul). Not old men.

Ignorance. :)

22. Charlie_Martel

Charlie_Martel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2001
    That the CG was all bad! LOL

Another dumb complaint is by a friend of mine who's a Star Wars "fan". He said AotC is as bad as movies like The Fast and the Furious because the screenplay was "awful". Yet ANH is his favorite movie... go figure.

23. Jedzelex

Jedzelex Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2002
    Count Dooku's handle was made to look as a walking stick.

Somewhat similar to the ones Dracula would use...

Mr. Lee is famous for his Dracula movies... Duh!

24. TheVioletBurns

TheVioletBurns Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    The most stupid complaint is, "Hayden can't act."

25. Gonzonaut

Gonzonaut Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2000
    I heard one critic on television who said the Coruscant chase sequence was lackluster and not exciting because the audience already knows that Anakin and Obi-Wan have to live so that Anakin can become Darth Vader and the events of the OT can happen. Does this ass not realize that this is part 2 of the saga and that people watching it in order won't know this? Ignorance is frustrating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.