main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the status of scifi3d? Will it be up and running again?

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by Guybrush, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guybrush

Guybrush Jedi Master star 3

Oct 18, 2001
    Went on today to download a few models to play around with in 3dsmax and the pictures of the models as well as the download pages are gone.

I saw a message on one of the subject lines saying hackers had destroyed the site? That is terrible.

Is that the end of the site, hope it is up and running again. One of the best sites on the internet.

2. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Dotster says they are trying to restore the database. I don't have a lot of faith in them. Shoulda went with GoDaddy.com. Anthony from TFN is helping out too. He's always been a lot of help.

It's a Chinese site... so I assume some Asian ******* hacked the site? THey injected this url into every single section of the database http://9i5t.cn/a.js It's some sorta java script... probably a virus, or spyware. The root link is Chinese and doesn't work now. I saw it last week and I didn't get it translated to find out what it was.

We were talking with SCIFI-MESHES about sharing servers with them. That would take a lot of time... but we'd basically have to rebuild the site. Hopefully the database here can be recovered b/c there's no way I'll ever get the holes in the code fixed AND rebuild the database from scratch. Too much work. However... all the MODELS and those files are OK. The links were destroyed, and all the text was truncated.

Check the status thread on how you CAN download files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.