main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your favorite lightsaber color?

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Feb 19, 2003.

?

What is your favorite lightsaber color?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Blue

20.0%
  2. Green

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Red

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Purple

40.0%
  5. Yellow

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Silver

40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
  2. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I love the color blue. If you consider the characteristics of the saber colors, it's so me. Cool and calm, more mature (if you can call a guy that runs around his apt. complex with a lightsaber mature ;) ) Also, what do you think about the EU sabers? Should Lucas have included more or do you think he was right sticking to his main 3 colors, and of course Jackson't 'bad mofo purple'.

3. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I ever I were to have a real lightsaber (hey, it could happen), it would be a deep bluish purple. I voted for purple because it would be more than just blue. Blue is my favourite colour, but the lightsaber would have a tint of purple in it. I'm not sure if any EU characters have one like that or not.
    I actually wish that Lucas had done a few more colours in EpII. It was neat seeing the random purple and orange here and there, but I had thought that there would be more diversity instead of the dominant blue and green. That's just one of the many things that I enjoy about the EU.

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    My two goals in life are to make a lifesize X-Wing replica to sit in my front yard, and to make a working lightsaber. I have a working theory for the saber, unfortunatly our technology doesn't quite help too much. There's a theory that lightsabers are made from a form of plasma, and the way plasma is contained right now it through magnetic fields. So if we could fine-tune the magnetic field enough just to extend a meter and then 'cap off', the blade could be made of super-heated plasma, able to cut through anything, andthe magnetic field would prevent the saber from crossing with another. Unfortunatly the power consumption would be huge :( You're an EP geek, maybe you could make this your research project ;)

5. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'd give my left hand for a working lightsaber. I don't think that'd count as a topic, though. Something to look into, I suppose.

I had found a really neat website a while back that went over lightsabers in ridiculous detail and a lot of it seemed to make sense to me. I'll have to see if I can dig it up for you. I totally think that it would be a possible thing one day, though. How cool would that be?!

6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    That would be awesome! I remember hearing a few years ago that NASA was looking into it, but that probably got a budget cut :(

7. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    My Jedi character has an orange lightsaber, but orange wasn't a choice, so I went with Mace's bad-a$$ purple.
  8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I think you accidently went for Red Karma, but I know whatcha mean ;)

9. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    No, it looks like there's two votes up there for purple. It's all good! ;)

10. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Doh! *smacks forhead* The color of the bar threw me off a little :p

11. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey Jayna, check your opera mail and let me know if that's what you had in mind ;)

12. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    That was really cool. It actually sort of resembles my lightsaber. I have the parksabers Echelon. That's exactly the colour I had in mind. :)

You're very talented! How long did it take you to whip something like that up?

13. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    *blushes* aw, thank you :) The saber itself took about 2 hours, then the blade took maybe 3 minutes. It's really easy and if your interested I'd be happy to show you how.

14. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Jayna, what did you think about the second saber? I'm trying to decide which to post on my website and it may as well be the one that you like :)

15. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    While I liked what how you all around brightened up the colour of the second one, I think the size of the "aura" is more accurate in the first one. From the lightsaber pictures that I have here, it looks like your first picture glows more correctly.

Very cool, though.

16. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Okie, it's up at my Maw Shipyards site (check sig) in the Gallery if anyone wants to see it :)

17. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Hey! It's officially my lightsaber! Awesome!

You are very a very talented cg artist, Q99. Are you self taught or have you taken classes?

18. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Aw, thanks Jayna. It all started when I first found out I could color on the walls :p I've always loved drawing and working with my hands and such. I am all self taught. I started CG in 10th greade when I first saw 'Duality' and got into rotoscoping, then I got hired to be the graphics guy for my high school's TV Production team and learned Power Point, then I moved on to some free CG programs and haven't looked back since. I love doing it and only with I had more time to devote to it. I originally wanted to be a CG artist for Disney but I just couldn't ignore the pull of space and aviation that ERAU offered :)

19. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    For a big chunk of my life I wanted to be an animator for Disney. That tour through the place at Disney World always just fascinated me. Then I went to Kennedy Space Center and decided to be an astronaut- which is what I've been stuck on ever since.

I love to draw, but I've never tried my hand at CG. I'm thinking that it's an entirely different animal. I wish I drew more here. I guess that's what summers are for. :)

20. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I would be happy to take you on as my Padawan :) Keep that braid going, hehe.

21. Commander_Clone

Commander_Clone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    Out of the choices that were listed, I would have a silver lightsaber. It would look more like a real blade, though I really want mine to be somewhere between blue and green. I read in one of the novels that it all depends on which crystals you put in your saber, and I guess I would need more than one.

Having more than 1 crystal would be cool anyway because then I could change the length of my lightsaber.

22. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey hey! It's Commander_Clone!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.