main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga What plotline, character or scene in the entire Saga irritates you the most?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Hudnall, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyWard

SkyWard Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    The only thing I do not like in the whole Star Wars saga is that two-headed announcer guy at the Boonta Eve Pod Race.

I'm sorry, but he sucks ronto bits.

2. elfdart

elfdart Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 1, 2001
    The thing that annoys me most is Luke and Leia being brother and sister. Not only does it make the smooch in TESB creepy, it's an obvious cop-out to wrap things up in ROTJ. Another reason ROTJ was the weakest of all the Star Wars movies so far. Leia could have just as easily been "the Other" without being Luke's sister.

3. FORCE_SKIN

FORCE_SKIN Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2003
    The only thing I do not like in the whole Star Wars saga is that two-headed announcer guy at the Boonta Eve Pod Race.

Absolutely. Come to think of it, most of TPM.

4. Delorean_Kenobi

Delorean_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 14, 2003
    I'm not one of those people disappointed by Return of the Jedi (the sarlacc scene is amongst my favourites of the entire saga) but the bit where Luke shows up at the Rebel meeting always annoyed me.

There's no official ending of the meeting, it felt like there should have been more but as soon as Luke says "I'm with you too" it's dismissed instantly and without a word. No "Good luck and may the Force be with us all" or anything like that, General Madine didn't even get to finish his talk.

5. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Who says the meeting ended there? It probably went on after we left the scene.

6. nethanial

nethanial Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2000
    Irritating Character: Any Ewoks
    Irritating Scene: Anything with Ewoks in it
    Irritating plotline: You guessed, those Ewoks.
    Jedi for me is an excellent film but the parts with Ewoks drag on and on.

7. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    What plotline, character or scene in the entire Saga irritates you the most?

Plotline

I've always been bothered by the Biggs/Luke reunion. It's empty and lends nothing to the character Biggs. You'd think since he was a friend of Luke's...he would live and fight as long as Wedge. Maybe Wedge should have died. He had like 2 lines in the movie. I like the character Wedge, but I think Biggs would have had an even better EU representation, since he was a close friend of Luke's.

Character

I don't like Padme. To me, she plays a key role in Anakin's downfall. Jedi are forbidden to have a lover. She helped him fail that. She saw what happened to him after his mother had died...she could have stayed away from Anakin, stayed alive. I bet for Anakin, knowing that Padme was alive, he could have stayed on the light side of the force. But, since she helped him become the greatest villian ever...I guess I can tolerate her actions. But if I wanted Anakin to stay good, and bring balance to the force in a positive way...she'd have to be out of the picture.

Scene

It is a fairly big scene, but, I am unimpressed with what we have seen of the Clone War so far. Half of it you can't see because of the "dust storm" because of a starship crashing. It is a blindly fury of dust and lazer beams and it hurts to watch it. Plus, we see Jedi running around the battle field, but we don't know the outcome (I think...it's been a while since I've watched the movie). It seems as though the battle ends once Dooku and Yoda are done doing the Jedi Dance. Also, during this scene...Padme falls from a high place...in a vehicle going super fast...onto sand. I've fell into sand from a lower height, and it doesn't feel very good, especially right onto your back. I can understand if she had Jedi Traits she could soften the fall...but she doesn't. You'd think she would show some side effect.

8. Hudnall

Hudnall Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 23, 2004
    yeah - I love the way Padme is laying there dead still in the lamest of poses until that Clonetrooper says something and she pops up, clear as day and totally unshaken, and starts barking at this clone about what to do...

9. Bwahl-the-Hutt

Bwahl-the-Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    Scenes:

Boss Nass blubbers and shakes his jowls. Have to mute that every time.
    Jar Jar talks like a baby. (icky icky goo!) Jar Jar can be a good character in other scenes, such as the "Yousa people gonna die" scene.
    Lando claps his hands during the end music, so lame looking.
    The Sarlaac burps, so stupid.
    The Eopie farts, so stupid.
    Some Ewoks do a happy dance at the end of ROTJ, looking very much like people in suits.
    A baby Ewok hides its face, looking like a little puppet.
    Jabba's court fake belly laughs at the distress of our heroes, some actually holding their stomachs and shaking like mimes.
    Anakin's portly rodian friend Wald does a happy dance at the podrace, looking very much like a person in a suit.
    Jar Jar's tounge gets zapped and he talks funny, like a Bill Cosby routine about being at the dentist.

It's little moments like these that weigh down episodes 1 and 6, which are otherwise greatly enjoyable. A more discerning editor could have snipped moments and made those two episodes much better, IMO.

10. anakinsrightarm

anakinsrightarm Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    The plot line that bothered me the most was the overly long, slow rescue of Han Solo. I think it really gets Jedi off to a sluggish start...(tho' it ends marvelously), and to this day it's one of my least favorite scenes in a SW film.

11. VADER9001

VADER9001 Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2004
    JAR JAR he is just pointless he is mostly comic relif thank god Lucas cut his part in ep 2 alot

12. NeoBaggins

NeoBaggins Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    "Hudnall

yes midiclorients are stupid, and your reasons were well expressed"

I third the motion. Hudnball's post was well stated and very accurate. DarthVader has to be the most powerful, and why, prompted this Startrekish Midchlorox junk. Why do you think its not mentioned again? It has satisfied what Lucas wanted to do.

Annoying
    Everything Jake Lloyd says.

Joke explaination of the force in the form of chlorine.

Lloyd flying a space- craft and everything he says while doing so.

Portmans dry uninterested in STARWARS acting (both films).

The usage of forcelightening for no good reason that will never be explained. And how it was easily dealt with with a saber.

No relationship between Annie and Obi.

In love with someone for 10 years that hes only met once. As a child. Even shorter and unvelievable duration before marriage. Unless the end is specifying and undisclosed time period after AOTC events.

"Its not fair"

Biga$$ Blackhole robot in the factory.

Weak Jedi arena battle filled with saber wielding extras.

Taunwe not being real. OOoooh, baby.

13. WEEBACCA

WEEBACCA Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2004
    JAR-JAR definitly!!! And most of his lines as well! Apart from that the rest of the SW saga is perfect!

14. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    Salacious Crumb. Come on, he really is just a puppet with a hand up his bottom. I know Yoda is basically the same, but still, he looks like a puppet!

Am I gonna get banned by Adam now? :(

15. Stormtrooper_Shrink

Stormtrooper_Shrink Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Jabba's food bowl and the stuff he eats from it. Also, the green smear across Threepio when he gets hit.

16. Velvetdragon

Velvetdragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2004
    Ok characters I'm not wild about, and please don't hurt me, are Obiwan and Yoda. Lies lies lies. To me they just smack of double meaning and deceit veiled as kindly and supportive. I just kept getting the feeling that Luke was simply a tool for them to work out the last of their business. "He's our only hope." "No, there is another." Blah, let's make sure our butts are covered with "another". Plus, Obi in AOTC seemed too annoyed and irritated by Ani, who in all honesty wasn't THAT annoying all the time. Just seemed he had no patience with him, which leads me to beleive that he was instrumental in Anikin's downfall. Had he had better guidance, perhaps he would have been stronger against the dark side.

Oh and Ewoks, can't stand em. But Wookies are wonderful!

Scene I didn't like, Hmmm, well, I'm not fond of the midichlorien stuff, but I have to say I just really didn't much care for the final unmasking in ROTJ. They could have had a better actor behind the mask there.

Velvetdragon

17. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Definitely Jar-Jar!!!!!!!

18. IG-64

IG-64 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 1999
    Every time Jake Lloyd opened his mouth.

19. Blithe

Blithe Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    The Entire space battle over Endor in ROTJ.

Its comepletely unrealistic! a handfull of Rebel Crusiers 4 or 5 squadrons of fighters against a entire fleet of StarDestroyers.

Its Rediculous, with the amount of SD shown, there would be thousands of Tie Fighters to go along with it. Despite how good the Rebel Pilots are, no one can stand up to those odds... [face_plain]

-Jabba out

20. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    Blithe, that's bugged me too. But I still cannot stand the scene with Anakin and Padme as they about to be brought out into the arena. It just makes me want to hide in a corner and watch ESB over and over again to watch a real romantic dialogue.

21. PuccaKenobi

PuccaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2004
    Most annoying character: Jar Jar

I dont like

Midiclorians

virgin birth

the fact that Natalie Portman has no interest to play Padme, which really ticks me off since many actresses would kill for that role.

Yipee!

The space battle at the end of TPM

The fact that the light sabre battles so far (PT) have been way too short

Yoda fighting

The pod race is too long

The droid factory scene, uselss and too long

Han shot first!

22. Darth_Fett_11

Darth_Fett_11 Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2004
    hmmm.....

The most annoying character for me would probably be Dooku, he's such a dork.

The most annoying scene for me would probly be where boss nass slobbers all over the place.

The most annoying plotline for me would be the virgin birth.

23. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    i forgot about the virgin birth

24. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    the virgin birth is a religious theme...get over it.

and what's the deal with midichlorians? it doesn't take away anything from the mystery of the force.

the symbians (sp) part is still a mystery .how excatly do they co-inside with the midi's?
    see, it's still as mysterious as the force it's self

25. Kyle-Katarn_wannabe

Kyle-Katarn_wannabe Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2004
    That whole scene in TPM when ani says goodbye to his mother. It is stretched out and over dramatic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.