main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH What type of events would you be interested in attending/doing?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by maramijade, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    What type of events would you guys be interested in doing?

There are social events -- like the picnic, movie nights, lazer tag, the camp out we did a few years ago etc.
    There are gaming events like star wars RPG - or stuff at Yotta Quest etc
    There are Community based events -- volunteering for things etc -- I'm also associated with the Marjorie Brook Continuing Education group -- ( for people with and without disabilities) and they do a lot of service oriented items, that I bet they would love to have us around at.

What types of things do you think would be cool to do as a group?

2. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Great Topic , Let me know if you need any advertising on TFN main.

3. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002

all of the above as transportation & schedule permits... but that's just me.[face_peace]

4. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Well, being the Social Butterfly that I am, I love the social gatherings, and like I said in another post, I'm usually at Yottaquest at least twice a week. As far as the Charity events go.. never done one before, but shoot me some details and I'm sure I'd probablly be in with that as well. :)

5. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    A great and easy charitable thing u can do is , Get a hold of your local food bank and ask them if you can be of help on donations. Get a food drum and then Find a comic book or game store. Ask the owner/manager if you can place said drum in there store and then you can advertise your club as well as the store by place advertisements in surrounding store's that you placed said drum in.
    Our FF did this last May at the Gaming store we hold our meeting's and it was very successful. We collected three barrow's full of food in 3 weeks time.

6. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    All of the above sound like excellent things to do.

7. Rebojazz

Rebojazz Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2006
    Here is an event we do every year for the Childrens Miracle Network. It's on October 10th this year. Let me know if anyone is interested, always a great time and I would love to meet some new faces. Here is our site: http://www.jediconwv.net

Cheers,
    Steven

8. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Looks awesome ReboJazz. . . unfortunately . . . that's the day of my sisters bachelorette party :(

it looks like it is yearly though so it sounds like that could be an awesome roadtrip in the future!

( not that if other people want to go -- that it wouldn't be great to do this year)

9. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002

not feasable with my current situational status.:_| [face_skull] :_|

10. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Are we going as a group to the Ren. festival this year?

11. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    unfortunately it doesn't look too good for me, but don't let me stop anyone from organizing an outing![face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.