main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What would you do if you wrote it?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by stellarmagic01, Nov 7, 2012.

1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Do you want YOUR New Republic led by an incestuous offspring of a dark side genocidal wife-slaughtering Jedi exterminator?
    VOTE LANDO 2015!

2. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    I'd blow the entire paycheck in Disneyland.

And despearately fret that I had no ideas and wished they'd hired Michael Arndt. ;)

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'd mess with three-and-a-half decades of fans and do the inverse of whatever the EU did, effectively creating a Bizarro World scenario.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    No daytime soap plotlines. Please. The little bit of love triangle we got in the OT was bad enough.

5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    :p
    Sort of like George Costanza in The Opposite episode:
    George : Yeah, I should do the opposite, I should.
    Jerry : If every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right.
    George : Yes, I will do the opposite.

So instead of worrying about canon, the EU, the fanatical fanboys and fangirls...I'll do the opposite and just make a great action packed movie based on the past six movies with good guys vs bad guys, romance and blockbuster special effects!

6. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I would finally have a scene where when a Force user gets a limb decapitated that their connection to the Force is so strong that they immediately Force Telekinesis their limb at their opponent...BONUS if it's a hand/arm holding a lightsaber (instead of getting all yelly and collapsing to the ground in pain). They can still collapse to the ground, but after they do their counter-finishing blow. :)

7. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    Use spell check.....also nothing EU

8. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Needs more Imperial Remnant.

Although, i do think some fallout about Vader being Luke/Leia's father would be an interesting story point.

9. Johnny Sparks

Johnny Sparks Jedi Knight

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm fairly sure it would have been no secret in the upper-echelons of the Empire. And that would add another interesting aspect; the remnants of the Empire, having been rejected by the galaxy, would surely want that info spread as propaganda.

10. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I would make it about a group of Sith (about six of 'em) that was discovered by Luke which were frozen in carbonite during the Clone Wars and were hidden away deep in a trophy vault under the Emperor's factory hideout on Coruscant, that one from AOTC. I would then have it where Luke secretly has them transported to some backwater planet so no one knows about them, but have one of his curious (about the dark side) apprentices unfreeze them during transport. After all this, I would have them unleash hell like the galaxy had never seen.

11. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    I always thought the EU dropped the ball re Luke and Leia's father. It would be a HUGE scandal if it ever transpired that Vader's children were now senior figures in the New Republic.

If I were writing Ep7, I'd have an ambitious jedi discover the hologram that Obi-Wan saw in ROTS in which Anakin was addressed as Vader by Sidious. He would then use this piece of evidence to oust Luke as Jedi master. Leia would no doubt have enemies in the senate who would use the opportunity to get rid of her too. The backlash would be so severe that Luke and Leia would have to go into hiding. The film would see Luke and Leia on the run from people who they had once regarded as their friends. And into the chaos slips an evil mastermind who has dastardly plans for the galaxy mwah hah hah! Personally I'd like to connect the trilogy to the previous 6 films and have a villain even greater than Palpatine, the power who was behind the power. It would be quite ironic that Sidious the puppet master had been, in fact, manipulated himself. The hero of the hour would turn out to be one of the Solo kids and the rest of the trilogy would focus on their struggle with this new (and ancient) enemy.

I'd try not to contradict the post ROTJ EU, but wouldn't reference it either. I'd have a problem with Chewbacca's notable absence though. I might include him in the hope that the EU authors would retcon him back in!

Count Yubnub likes this.
  12. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Star Wars Episode VII : The Dark Side Awakens

Timeline: 40 years After the battle of Endor

Characters : Luke Skywalker ( age 63 ) Leia Solo ( age 63 ) Han Solo ( age 73 ) Ben Skywalker ( age 18 ) Jaina Solo ( Age 36 ) Allana Solo ( age 8 )
    Mara Jade Skywalker ( Force Ghost ) Chewbacca ( saved at Serpindal by the Sith and held captive for 20 years )

Soft Rebbot : Allana solo is infact the Daughter of Jaina - No mention of Jacen Solo & Anakin Solo in the Trilogy

Note: No mention of any previous wars ( Yuuzhan Vong or second galactic civil war )

Ben Skywalker & Jaina are at the center of the trilogy with Allana stepping up in Episode 8 & 9 there will be plenty of supporting characters : Luke , Han & Leia have supporting roles .

The basic plot is that Palpatine had a secret apprentice behind the sceens in EP6 & this apprentice has been secretly amasing a sith army for 40 years , he has been waitng for his revenge - Chewbacca will be used as a ploy in the new war ....... There will be a massive Sith invasion of Coruscant & they will attempt to take over the galaxy once more .

13. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Star Wars VII: Galactic Division?

Peter Skywalker will be the son or grandson of Luke Skywalker.

Spend the next three to twelve films building up this brand NEW main protagonist.

I made up the name Peter because that was the name of my grandfather.

Dear Disney, but don't make the movies too predictable.

I want Luke to pass the torch to Peter, but not right away.

And as the Mark Hamill actor dies of old age, Peter can go on to make hundreds of new movies.

But not right away.

Put a bunch of mysteries into the next trilogies.

Don't explain what is going on.

Because there was a bunch of mysteries in the Original Trilogy.

That is why people loved the OT so much.

In A New Hope, Luke discovers that his father fought in the Clone Wars with Ben (Kenobi).

In the Empire Strikes Back, Luke discovers that his father was Vader.

In the Return of the Jedi, Luke discovers that Leia is his sister.

In the Phantom Menace, we discover that Vader created C3PO.

In the Attack of the Clones, we discover that Vader was not able to save his mother from slavery.

In the Revenge of the Sith, we discover that Vader killed a bunch of kids.

Some will argue that the Original Trilogy was better from a story perspective.

But I would want the Sequel Trilogies to combine the best of both worlds.

Make the ST a hybrid of the OT & PT.

Start the ST with a bunch of mysteries.

And do not reveal the mysteries until a few movies later.

I want to see as many original actors and actresses as possible for as many films as possible.

But I also want to see a slow build-up towards new characters that can go on for the next few decades.

Because I want to make new movies forever.

14. metr0man

metr0man Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2012
    Great topic.

My main goal would be to bring back the swashbuckling adventure feel of the OT, with a little mythic seriousness built in. Not going to try to over-complicate things. I'd like to play a little bit with fun family dynamics...

MAIN CHARACTER: Jaina Solo (no Jacen exists)

STAR WARS EPISODE VII: WARRIOR'S DESTINY

Opening crawl establishes: 30 years after ROTJ. The Rebellion has grown into a New Republic. LEIA is about to be elected to her second term as President of the Republic. New Jedi are being trained in a secret reclusive school to prevent them from getting wiped out again. A number of NEW REPUBLIC worlds have been the victims of attacks by mysterious unidentifed fleet of ships which come out of nowhere.

Smash cut into the movie opening on one of these attacks. It comes out of nowhere. The ships are deadly but nobody knows who they are. The New Republic colony fights them off, but finds themselves overwhelmed. They're sending out distress signals, they're about to be destroyed for good, when BAM, in comes the Millenium Falcon. It comes in guns blazing, blasting the new invaders all over the place. It's flying, weaving, with maneuverability we've never seen before. The people in the colony are in awe at the legendary ship which everybody thoughts was retired. "Is it really HIM?" they wonder?

Until a female voice comes into the commlink. Jaina Solo, young, 18 years old, whooping, hollering, a wild adventure child, blasting the ships to oblivion. Threepio saunters in, babbling about how she's not supposed to be flying the ship, how they're going to get in soo much trouble, etc. Basically a new twist on the Han/Threepio bickering.

Her last minute heroics save the day, and we see her actually use the Force to help maneuver the Falcon. She saves the day but she and the ship get hit HARD.

She wakes up in an infirmary, hurt, but not too bad... goes to see the Falcon, which is in bad shape. And that's when she meets the full fury of her dad: HAN SOLO, angry as hell that she stole the ship! But not seriously angry, more like cranky angry. He clearly loves her and was worried, is proud of how badass she is, but is mad about the ship too. She shoots back that she wouldn't have to save the day if "you and Mom let me go train!" The scene ends with her lobbing a shot at how Han's basically stuck behind a desk all day.

Next scene: Han and LEIA, together, loving, bickering, call-backs to scenes from ESB/ROTJ, Han bemoaning that he's old, Jaina's right, he's stuck behind a desk. "Admit it, you did like me better when I was a scoundrel, didn't you?" LEIA says she likes him better now, and kisses him. Dialogue reveals that Jaina's showing more and more force powers, and wants to go train, but Han is reluctant to let her go... says being a Jedi makes her a target. "Being the president's daughter already makes her a target. at some point, we've got to let her go."

(basically, in case you haven't noticed, I'm recreating the Luke/Owen/Beru dynamic here).

Next we go into a bunch of scenes establishing a crisis over these attack, and LEIA about to sworn in to her second term as president. As Han and Leia go through the crowds, lots of questions from reporters about their wild child's antics - you get the sense this aint the first time Jaina's made headlines, being the president's daughter (think Bush twins, except really badass).

Basically, long story short, LEIA's second inauguration - interrupted by a BOMB! A TERRORIST ATTACK. Lots of chaos. Many dead. Leia hospitalized. Han at her bedside. New enemies (honestly it doesn't matter to me so much who they are, so I'm just going to say Mandalorians, insert whoever else you prefer) publicly reveal themselves, dedicated to taking down the New Republic. They start having guerilla terrorist style attacks on New Republic worlds rather than traditional army attacks (basically it's the Rebellion vs the Empire except roles reversed, the bad guys are the "rebellion" - terrorists basically, and the big organization are the good guys.)

Jaina, filled with fury, insists that it's time to call in the Jedi. She's going to recruit them, and do what she should have done a long time ago: learn to be a Jedi. Han grudgingly agrees.

I'm not going to detail the plot wholesale since I havent figured it out, but basically Jaina takes off to track down the Jedi's secret training facility. She finds her way there, but as she enters orbit: BAM she's attacked by Mandalorians, turns out they are trying to eliminate her too, being Leia/Han's daughter. She crash lands on the planet, has to fight/evade the enemies, but at the last second is saved by a hooded figure... who takes off his hood to reveal... an older bearded UNCLE LUKE! This is basically a 3rd of the way through the movie.

Rest of the story:
    -Jaina recruting the Jedi to help save the Republic
    -Her proving to Luke she's ready to be trained in the Force
    -meeting other Jedi at Luke's "school" (kind of a Harry Potter vibe here)
    -Mandalorians attacking the Jedi School in siege fashion. Think the Alamo. 10 Jedi vs an entire army, they have to use all their tricks and smarts to beat the enemy.
    -Mandalorians have some connection to the Sith/dark side (a mystery established in Ep7 to be followed up later)
    -Han Solo gets out from behind that desk and finally springs back into action once he finds out the Mandalorians are targeting Jaina.
    -Jaina messes up, is sidelined by Luke for being too rash, too impulsive, dipping into the dark side a little bit.
    -Culminates in a big battle where the Jedi battle Mandalorians, Han Solo and Chewie fly a rickety Falcon into action, a return to glory for them, Jaina helps save the day and redeems herself with Luke.
    -Enemies beaten back. Jedi triumphant return to being saviors of the galaxy. Han/Leia giving Jaina blessing to train fully as a Jedi with Uncle Luke. Possible romance seeds between Jaina and one of Luke's Jedi students.

EPISODE 8 would focus on Jaina training to become a true Jedi, being taught by Luke. Her love interest would be the student who is succumbing to the dark side. Possibly reintroduce the Sith as being behind the Mandalorian attack.
    EPISODE 9 would have Jaina, fully trained as a true Jedi Knight, leading them into battle against a full Sith attack on the Republic, having to face off against the man she loves, turned to the dark side. Whereas Episode 7 would be heavy on Luke/Leia/Han, by Episode 9 you'd be phasing them out to cameos. This would be truly Jaina's movie.

Anyways, as you can see it's rough but I have the basic framework of fun family dynamics, and parallels to the OT. Jaina as rebellious, likable, impulsive child (both the Han Solo figure and the Luke figure). Han/Leia as the cool parents, struggling to keep their wild adventurous child in line, but able to leap into action when they find out she's in genuine danger. I really love the idea of Han just being totally flummoxed by, essentially, an 18 year old female version of him. Luke as the Obi-Wan/Yoda figure.