main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary What's Everybody Collecting?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by whisperjedi, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    Well I guess now I am collecting Leia figures. I now have 4 different 3" Leias from different scenes, and now I bought the 12" Leia from chinook hobby. She is in great condition except for one marking. She looks awsome on my desk though.

2. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    Howdy,
    My Bk toy collection is smaller than I originally thought, I have only five toys. Clone,Darth M.,R2, X-wing,and a Plush wookiee. I thought I had more, but unless I find a hidden bag somewhere, I'll post more ltr. Still looking 4 Carbon Han/HAn.

3. whisperjedi

Apr 19, 2005
    Dowdy,

On related collecting, would like to start getting my starwars posters quality framed. Does anyone know where I could get this professionally done, within reasonable or cheap price?

Thanks.

4. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    I don't know, but when you find a place let me know.

You can buy a poster frame for $10, but its not going to protect it from fading, the sky is the limit for professional framing, but you get acid free matting, protective glass and an archival quality seal. I've been eyeing those 'U-frame-it' places in an effort to keep costs down.

5. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    OMG!! :eek:
    Just received my items from ebay - AWESOME!! I'm so psyched! I mananged to obtain 6 12" figures for $50 US - Bespin Luke, Tatooine Luke, Hoth Luke, Han Solo, Leia as Boush, and an electronic Boba Fett. Fett's lines are in Jeremy Bulloch's voice - SWEET!! I'm so jazzed!![face_dancing]

I'll be in my room all night playing.....!

6. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Dr. Haggis - was in Chinook Hobby last night. They have the next wave of Galactic Heroes figures - including the Mace/Kit Fisto combo! $9.99 per 2 pack - head on down!!!

They also have Chewie and blue Clone Trooper, and the R2 and Superbattle Droid as well.

7. whisperjedi

Apr 19, 2005
    Hello everybody,

Just got back from the Blue Mountain Antiques & Collectibles show,@ the Roundup Cntre. And mann...did it bite. There was one Star Wars/GiJoe table.
    Worth mentioning: The Stormtrooper transport vehicle---complete----$145

Loose figs. $3-90. --$3--loose Jawa
    both SW HAn---$18-$20 small & big head,
    Obi-Wan $20
    Stormtrooper---$16---complete.

Another table had a original Don pOst Vader helmet $100.
    I was hesistating about the Stormtrooper fig.....they all had their weapons.
    Atleast I got to see old junk.

Oh..and SW christmas ornaments from the past...Ewoks, Princess Leias, and an X-wing, all $5

8. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Yes it sounds like it truely bit. What do you expect? SW stuff is "vintage" not "antique". ;)

I finally got my mini-falcon and Tie advance Hallmark ornament set, and I broke down and got me an Anakin Force FX. I think I'll hold of on the Kit/Mace galactic heroes until Red 5 Collectables opens up.

9. iRob

iRob Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    I find that due to space constraints, money issues, and admittedly, flagging interest, I'm not collecting as much as I used to.

I like the Unleashed figures, I'm currently looking for Leia and Aayla Secura, but I'm not prepared to pay much so I'm not holding my breath.

I used to collect Micro Machines Action Fleet vehicles, but I have nearly all of them and the rest are impossible to find.

iRob

10. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Is this Dr.Haggis friend from edmonton? if so I do have a Aayla Secura if your interested but the Leia one maybe really tough to get but I'll keep my I open.

11. iRob

iRob Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    In fact it is. How much would you be willing to let Aayla go for?

"Let my Aayla Go!"
    iRob

12. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    PM sent

13. whisperjedi

Apr 19, 2005
    Did anyone go 2 the record,comic, and toy show, last Sun. ?
    I got sick and missed it. What crap did I not have to buy?

damn, influenza!

14. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, I used to collect all sorts of things (10 years ago), but now nothing much. The primary points of my Star Wars collecting are my Lego Ultimate Collector's Series pieces: the X-Wing and the TIE Interceptor. Eventually (soon?) I'd like to the get Y-Wing and the Snow Speeder. But these things are uber-$$$. Anyone else collect this particular series of Lego?

Oh yeah, of course I collect/read (most of) the novels, and the seemingly rare full-cast audo dramas, including the OT, DE series, Dark Lords of the Sith, the original Tales of the Jedi, and arriving soon, the (Kyle Katarn) Jedi Knight trilogy and Crimson Empire.

15. winbrant

winbrant Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    Back in 1999 I started getting back into collecting SW after LEGO got the license. So, to date I have all the sets except the UCS X-Wing (7191) and TIE Interceptor (7181) due to the unemployed period in my life.

I've also collected the novels (95+) and still trying to get them all read. Also have been collecting reference books as well (making of, Cross-sections, blueprints, guides). Have been getting back into figs and ships since 2002 but this is getting costly.

16. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Winbrant your registered here I didn't know that so post more, what I'm collecting right now is actually vintage figs. Not gonna go for them all just the favourites and that's all.

17. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    iRob - Were those Action Fleet micro machines the die cast metal ones? I collected a bunch of the die cast metal ones, but am unable to find the ones I'm missing. TIE Bomber seems to be the rarest, of the ones that I know exist.

On another note - did anyone else collect the Galaxy-series cards? Anyone know where I may be able to find the cards that I'm missing? If I recall correctly, I have most of series-I and II, but only about half of series-III. I'll have to dig them up.

18. iRob

iRob Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    Nope. I have a few of the Die Cast metal ones, but the ones I'm primarily interested in are the plastic ones around 6 inches long. The metal ones I have are an X-Wing, a Sandcrawler, a Star Destroyer, and a Tie Fighter. No bomber though.

I have pretty much everything except for the Rancor (which is weird, and doesn't really fit with the rest of the set) and the Tie Defender, which only exists in the EU, and they started making right before they cancelled the line. I can get one any time that I'm willing to drop 200 bucks on Ebay, but that's not likely to happen this decade.

I even have the Dagobah X-Wing, which is pretty cool. (All covered in swamp guck.) I'm really not interested in them enough to spend the time or money it would take to track down the last couple of items. I enjoy what I have now.

19. LEXIAL

Nov 29, 2004
    I have been collecting anything of Princess Leia as I can. I now have quite a bit. As well wristbands, photos and pretty much anything that catches my eye.

20. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    I'm a total sucker for anything "Cute" (and by "cute" I mean stylized and disproportionate), especially the Galactic Heroes. I have most of the characters from "A New Hope", except for Obi Wan and Vader. My favorite is Leia... she's just adorable in her little white dress and HUGE gun. [face_batting]

The Clone Wars cartoon stuff is really appealing to me, especially because Master Yoda is just so darn adorable, and Padme's eyes are GI-NORMOUS!

Some Lego figs are cute enough for me to snatch-up, too... it's all about the cute-factor.

21. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    I'm all about the action figures. I just bought Zett Jukassa from Red 5. Planning on making a diorama of the Jedi temple speeder platform/walkway.

22. LEXIAL

Nov 29, 2004
    @};- I have to agree the galactic Leia is adorable, but so is my collection of lego people including the Leia's that I have.

23. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Heads up![face_money_eyes]
    Burger King has new Star Wars toys - 17 to collect in all. 4 new ones each week, with the special 'breathing' Vader the last week (Vader was REALLY hard to find last time since they make so few of them - I had to buy mine off e-bay).
    This weeks assortment includes Chewie (a spinning top), a Stormtrooper (emits the Imperial logo), a Snow speeder (rolls across the floor) and (older) Ben Kenobi (magic 8-ball thingy on the bottom).
    Lots of fun!![face_dancing]

24. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Got these the other night let the chase for Vader begin also Doritos has a tin bucket you can get that has all 6 movies on it. Pretty sweet my wife picked it up at wal-mart tonight so check it out.

25. whisperjedi

Apr 19, 2005
    Bk box shipment had Darth Vader printed on the Snowspeeder/Strmtrooper/Ben/ boxes. HAd to resist the dark side from walking out the door with entire box since they left it three from the door. Any how since I overheard they were missing VAder, I resisted. I mean what am I going to do with over 100 pieces of SW toys...give them away to kids or be mauled by SW fanforce?
    The Limited available Darth Vader toy is the one worth getting those calories for.

Oh and the SW Movie poster book is out...hmmm...glossy. it's pricey @ $50 US/ 67.50 Can.

And I saw the ROTS official movie guide and ultimate VAder magazine both $16.95. Lucasfilm offered them in the INsider but these were on the shelf @ Another D. veery briefly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.