main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Whats going to be featured on the webpage?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by chissdude10, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Seeing that it is not "officialy" up yet I was just wondering what features it would include, or have I stopped posting here so much Ive missed it?

2. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    There will be general news about Star Wars. News about upcoming events for our Fanforce and Star Wars events in general that may be in MD. There will be a calendar where members can check upcoming events. Basically, it's up to the members here too. Someone might have a good idea for a cool feature, and I can put it up.

3. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Yeah, this is something we can bring up at the next meeting. Get a breakdown of how the page will look and it's contents. We can have someone doing EU stuff (I'm sure Chissdude wouldn't mind heading that up), some OT news and stuff, the PT news, Lucasarts gaming news (which I could do with some help of anyone into gaming), collecting news (I could help out on that one too), and anything else Star Wars related such as RPGs (we can keep this separate from gaming since it would be a little more involved), events, and any charity events we decide to do.

Well all of this can be brought up at the meeting. Mogook is our City Rep for the forums and posts all of our events online, but we need to have an Office with appointed officers. We should hold elections for the following:

President: To preside over the meetings and read off the issues that come up.

Vice President: To take the place of the President in his/her absence.

Treasurer: Keep track of money coming into the group and set up an account for the group.

Secretary: Record the minutes of the meeting and give a copy to the President and to the City Rep. (Mogook, is our webpage administrator so all the info coming from the Secretary will go to him to be posted on the webpage and on TF.N).

Eu Coordinator: Keep track of all things EU and give to Secretary.

Original Trilogy (OT) Coordinator: Keep track of all issues concerning OT and give info to Secretary.

Prequel Trilogy (PT) coordinator: Keep track of all issues concerning PT and give info to Secretary.

Gaming Coordinator: Keep track of all gaming issues and give info to Secretary.

Collecting Coordinator: Keep track of all collecting issues and give info to Secratary7.

Role-Playing Games(RPG) Coordinator: Keep track of all things concerning SW RPG and give info to secretary.

I know that the job of Secretary seems to be doing all the work, but in reality the Secretary will only have to record the minutes of the meeting and jot down any new issues that come up. Everything else will be given to him/her by the other coordinators to then be given to the Pres and City Rep.

We can also establish offices along the way that we may need. This way our meetings will be more productive and structured. Being in the Air Force, I'm used to structure and order so I might be coming off as a little Anal Retentive and I'm sorry, but I would like to see our group grow into one of the greatest Fanforce groups ever and in order to do that we need to work as a team and get things rolling. Well that's all of my ramblings for today. Let me know what you think and give me some feedback as to how we can make this group move forward into great things.

I forsee us becoming the greatest of all the Fanforce!

4. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Aren't these more people than are in our Fan Force? :confused:

5. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Well Isbeth, most of us are probably going to be dual-hatted for the time being till we get more members. Maybe Mogook and I can do some recruiting in the line for the tickets. Does anyone know if they are still going to sell them on the 3rd or not??

EDIT: Speaking of recruiting, maybe we should get out there and start expanding our group. I know I could have gotten a large group of folks when I was out shopping for toys but that didn't really cross my mind at the time. I was totally focused on getting my toys and not on anything else. Well, if we can't get people to join, I'll just fire up the ole cloning factory and create us a grand army of Baltimore Fanforce troops!! Muwahahahahahaah!!! Ummm.....okay... [face_plain]

6. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    That's the main reason I wanted the domain name, so we could point people in the right direction. It's hard to tell people how to get to the forums if they've never been here. Now, in line, we can recruit people with flyers and stuff. DRK_HLMT and I will create a grand fanforce of Maryland while in line.

7. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Also, we don't wanna be concerned with posting too much general news. There's no way we can compete with TF.N, and our main goal is provide information about our fanforce. I think we can post release dates for books and games, maybe some reviews. But for the most part, we'll post events.

8. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Ok, Ill help in any way if you need me.

9. saerah

saerah Jedi Grand Master star 7

May 13, 1999
    As a freelance graphic/web artist, I can offer some of my services. I've managed websites for three years now.

10. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Thanks. I have a design, but I think I'll be changing it soon already.

11. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I have a beta page up, check it out. The headlines are there just to experiment with the news posting script. So, they're not that important. And, the links on the side don't work yet.

12. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    Magook, your page is freekin AWESOME!!! GREAT job!

13. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Thanks man, it's a relief to hear that. :) I really appreciate it.

14. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Yeah Mogook, excellent job on the page!! I forsee you becoming the greatest of all the webmasters!! :D

15. chewboxer

chewboxer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2002
    A very awesome website indeed!!!

"Good job"

16. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Thanks, that really means a lot to me. :D

17. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    WOW!!! Mogook, you've done a fantastic job! I absolutely LOVE the igniting lightsabre as the page loads. Thanks for doing this and congrats on a job VERY well done!

M.M.

18. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Dear Moggok:
    May I bow to you, for an incredible job in your page. Is really good. The ligthsaber effect was awesome. I don't know about it, but I might contribute by sending you images or information... I really would like to contribute. :)

Maybe we can do a periodic column (weekly, monthly, etc) from the members where they talk about the Star Wars universe. Better yet, it can be a theme already preselected and have voluntary responses for those themes. Probably 2 paragraphs at most.... :eek:

Opss, there I go again, talking too much. I don't know it was just an idea. That way we can have people interested in going into the page. Also, I think it would be good to have some links to places related to our goal.

Nevertheless, I bow to you Mogook for an excelllent job done. May more like that keep coming.

May the Force be with you... always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    CHARM CITY COUNCIL FORUM
    CALIFORNIA MD

19. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Ara-Gorn_Sirrah Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Saber FX are way cool and I like the Maryland coat of arms pattern. Very nice!

20. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Thanks!

Yeah Fipe, that could be a good idea. Maybe, eventually, we could get Maryland Senators and other MD people to talk about their experiences with Star Wars.

21. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I looked at the site in Netscape, and it screws it up a little. I really hate how IE and Netscape show things differently. I'm gonna see if I can fix it.

22. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Yeah, Netscape and IE always have problems talking the same language. Especially with JavaScript.

23. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah. I don't mind when something doesn't work the same way. For example, in IE, the rows in the menu table turn yellow, in Netscape they don't. It sucks, but doesn't destroy the layout. But what bothers me is how the top image, with Anakin, is screwed. And the countdown with Jango is messed up. I'll see if I can fix it.

24. ratmankey

ratmankey Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I'll gladly volunteer for any EU-related stuff, particularly reviews (that's gonna be my profession anyway, albeit film reviews not book reviews.) Just keep in mind that I'm a retard when it comes to HTML...I'm in like the remedial/special ed. class. :) But I'm certainly capable of writing articles etc.

25. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Writing articles would be great. It shouldn't matter if you don't know HTML, I'll set it up so the staff can just go on and type their stuff in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.