main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton whats new and different and just wacked

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by bratboy_y2k, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bratboy_y2k

bratboy_y2k Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2008
    well it's been ages since i last posted and made the one meeting. life has been busy. since then i quit my job and started my own multimedia company (and to those that can hook us up with clients we will be great with comission!). since focussing on myself more by doing this move makes me want to get back into the grove of wanting to do a short film and whatever other projects might pop up.

i'm still wanting to get a team of people together to do a short film(s). its not my story or project. its whoever wants to brainstorm and put a script together. the subject can be anything. experience doesnt matter either. its the drive and passion thats important.

the other thought i had was for a bbq in spring or summer with the various other sci fi groups in town. i thought it would be kinda cool to get a whole bunch of likeminded people together with various interests in the same genre to have a burger together. anyway, my email is francis@freshframemedia.com

hope to hear from somebody. cheers!

2. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Good idea bratboy. Are you in communication with any other groups in town?

3. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Hey there, yeah long time

Yeah great to hear from you again and glad to hear your keeping busy. By all means man lemme know if you intrested in any projects or wanna meet over soem, there's quite a few people here that I know locally who are also currently looking for work in stuff too

4. bratboy_y2k

bratboy_y2k Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2008
    i wrote to the folks at http://www.purespec.org/ today and i noticed they have a facebook page. mabye a post on there. i was also thinking of hitting up the folks at the u of a sci fi club. i dont know of any other groups in town although there is a pile of people looking for a sci fi group to join at meetup.com.

as for projects, id love to hear whats out there and get involved. let me know whats cooking

5. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Right now most of the projects I know of are pretty low to the ground. It's still a small community and most are like yourself just getting into things. Your best bet is yes hitting up the clubs you mentioned what you need to do is get an original idea perhaps focus on something local. Make it a story about something in Edmonton I find it always helps doing things with a local feel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.