main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN What's Your Most Precious Star Wars Collectible or Item?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dork-Vader, Feb 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Saw this on another board and thought this might be fun and a way for everyone to get to know each other a bit better. You can also list other items in the following catagories.

Most Precious
    Wierdest
    First
    Latest
    Hardest To Find
    Still Seeking
    Item you'd most like to see made
    SW Celeb encounters

I'll go first-

Most Precious- Don Post 2-piece Vader Mask and large Vader vinyl model kit- which I still need to put together!

Then there's the Leia/Metal Bikini stuffs...

Wierdest- '45 of 'What Do You Get A Wookie For Christmas'

First- The original 70's cantina playsets and figures. I still have them all including the tall blue Snaggletooth.

Latest- Most recently the Throne Room Duel Luke and Vader figures, but my biggest and coolest purchase lately was the Vader MR FX saber.

Hardest To Find- My 'Revenge of the Jedi' patch I had as a kid- have NO idea where it is! Most everything else I've wanted I've seen on ebay or at a con/show...

...except for a girlfriend who's willing to wear the Leia metal bikini!

Still Seeking- A girlfriend who's willing to wear the Leia metal bikini!

Then there's some of the Unleashed figures (clone trooper, Hoth Luke, Vader(s), Bossk) and 2nd wave of Clone Wars figures. Hope to get a few autographs at Celebration3, and would love to have a set of Clone Trooper armor!

Item you'd most like to see made- A Gonzo/Dirth Nader or Rick Moranis/Dark Helmet figure!

Oh, and a girlfriend who's willing to wear the Leia metal bikini!

SW Celeb encounters- Only ones so far have been meeting Michael Sheard/Ozzel at MSC last year, Joe Visocil(sp?)/spfx pyro, Carol Bauman(sp?)/spfx sculpter, Bob Burns/SPFX artist-historian, and Darth Vader at the Fred's SuperStore on Getwell back when ESB was released.

Oh, and passing a girl one Halloween down on Beale St. who was wearing the Leia metal bikini!

2. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    Most Precious- I guess my vintage removable limbs Threepio or Hoth radar cannon. Neither are in great shape, but they're the last two pieces from my chidhood collection.

Wierdest- Darth Maul flannel. I did see a Maul electric toothbrush holder back during the EP1 fever, but that was just too tacky!!

First- God knows, I can't remember! I do remember writing my parents every week from boarding school begging for the Falcon until they cracked and gave in.

Latest- Interactive R2. Before that, a Parksabre (middle of last year) and some of the first AOTC figure wave (while AOTC was on release). I haven't really collected anything SW for ages, thanks to the JC and the lacklustre prequels.

Hardest To Find- Nothing particularly rare.

Still Seeking- Nothing as such, not currently collecting.

Item you'd most like to see made- Lots, but nothing suitable for a family friendly board. ;)

SW Celeb encounters- Usual SW actor signings at cons. Oh, and there was this one time, at Ealing Studios in 2001.....
    Yes, I sneaked into Ealing Studios while they were doing pickup filming for there, and saw Hayden Christiansen smoking a fag (that doesn't mean what you might think it means! ;), Anthony Daniels, Rick "Yes Mr Lucas" McCallum several times, and some guy with a grey beard who was wearing a check shirt...

3. TK_1427

TK_1427 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
    Most Precious: Do I have to answer that? (Stormtrooper Armor)

Wierdest: My wife :)

First: Stormtrooper in 1977 about an hour after I saw the movie

Latest: Black Imperial Officer hat

Hardest To Find: Imperial Officer uniform

Still Seeking: Imperial Officer uniform

Item you'd most like to see made: Imperial Officer uniform

SW Celeb encounters: None yet

Chuck

4. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    "Yes, I sneaked into Ealing Studios while they were doing pickup filming for there, and saw Hayden Christiansen smoking a fag (that doesn't mean what you might think it means! "

Good, for a minute I thought you were talking about that movie where he builds a house with his dad and there's that scene with the black car...no- Rhonda- stop- put that down! I was just er, uh kidding, yeah-Aaaaiiiiiieeeeee!!!

5. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Most Precious and also my oldest (that I still possess): First edition hardcover Star Wars Storybook, copyright 1978. It was my birthday present when I turned 8 years old and has the inscription, "To Traci, I love you, Mommy. October 1978." [face_love] I had it memorized as a kid - that was years before we had a VCR - and the poor book is ragged, but intact.

Weirdest: A ceramic Vader mug that I made when I was 8 or 9 yrs old. I'm a Vader's girl from waaaaaaaaay back. [face_blush] It's sitting on the bar next time y'all come over.

First: A Tie fighter (my favorite ship back then) that "santa" brought the Christmas after ANH came out.

Latest: The 12" Luke figure that Tim gave me for Valentine's Day.

Hardest To Find: Mara Jade action figure.

Still Seeking: My hardcover TESB storybook. I think it's buried in my mom's attic. :(

Item you'd most like to see made: Jedi Mara Jade Skywalker action figure.

SW Celeb encounters: I was gonna say "none," but I forgot about Mr. Sheard at MSC last year.

6. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    Most Precious = It's a tie between my Vintage Han Solo Carbonite block (my grandfather bought this for me) and my Micro Collection Bespin Freeze chamber (my favorite toy from when I was a kid, lost the original, thank goodness for ebay.)

Wierdest = Star Wars Dixie Cups

First = Can't quite remember what my first star wars toy was but I seem to remember some pictures of me at chrimus with a chewbacca fig (unopened!!!) in hand. Pretty sure that's the first one.

Latest = Saga Snowtrooper fig (April found it for me at target the other day, she's so awesome)

Hardest To Find = Missing wing to my vintage tie fighter.

Still Seeking = Return of the Jedi Boxed Dixie cups (I'd like to have at least one box from each movie)

Item you'd most like to see made = Well up until yesterday, I was waiting on a new sculpt of Bespin Leia, along with repros of the original figs/packaging. Now, I'd just like to see the original unedited versions of the movies put on dvd, but I'm just glad their putting them out at all.

SW Celeb encounters = None unfortunatly, stay tuned though, got a letter back in the mail from Lucasfilm about my resume. Promptly framed and created a shrine around it.

7. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Precious: Don Post Biker Scout Helmet
    Wierdest: Mace Windu bobblehead
    Earliest: Darth Vader origional Figure with lightsaber
    Latest: Anakin Skywalker hairstyle from ep # :p

8. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Most Precious - I guess it would be my Star Wars pop up book I had when I was kid. I still keep it on my book shelf and it still works pretty good. I get a nostalgia rush just thinking about it :]

Wierdest - I guess it's not really that weird, but I suppose it's the weirdest thing I've got. my friend Ash and I found these huge display posters from like, Wal-mart or somewhere and we each bought them. They're too heavy to hang up normally, so mine is still under my bed.

First - no clue, I was too little to really remember.

Latest - Darth Vader bust that came with getting the Star Wars mastercard. it's pretty cool.

Hardest To Find - I still want that Yoda backpack. If and when I see it again I will buy it :D

Still Seeking - my lost basket of star wars action figures :( I took them all to my dad's company picnic when I was kid and they got left. I had so many! To this day I keep hoping by some miracle somebody shows up with my basket, lol.

Item you'd most like to see made - I want a yoda hat, ala genkigang.com hats.

SW Celeb encounters - Peter Mayhew at Dragoncon 03, that's it.

9. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Wierdest - I forgot about my Star wars sound track on 8-track!

10. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    That's not weird, I've got that too!

11. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I thought of another "weirdest:" My mom had her picture made with a couple of guys in Vader & Chewbacca costumes when she was on a business trip once. She's wearing the HUGE black 70's sunglasses - it's funny!

12. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Ok, we've got to start a hall of shame/fame photo section!

Lin

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Most Precious: My original figures from '77 and '78, even the ones with their heads glued back on. Tied with my Unleashed Vader Figure (cause he is just too cool!) If I still had my black nylon "Vader Lives" jacket from 1979, that would be up there, too. I think I wore that thing everyday for about two years. Good thing I didn't grow very fast.

Weirdest: I guess it has to be something from my shared collection with Traci: A book entitled The Force of Star Wars, which puts Star Wars into a Judeo-Christian perspective.

First: The first figure I opened on Christmas Eve in 1977: Princess Leia

Latest: Thanks to Lin: The Throne Room Vader and Sith Training Darth Maul figures.

Hardest To Find: I have no idea. I mean, I have a lot of original stuff, but I don't know if any of it is considered hard to find. See Traci's answer, I guess.

Still Seeking: Beyond a Vader costume with stilts and the issue of Playboy with Carrie Fisher? Gotta be my original Vader, R2-D2, and Obi-Wan. I'm sure they're buried somewhere along the east fence that borders Bethany Home on Ayers Street where I grew up. I'm sure I dropped them while trudging back and forth from my house to my grandparent's house. Oh, and a Wedge Antilles action figure.

Item you'd most like to see made: The "Princess Leia: The Betty Ford Years" figure. That and figures that actually looked like the actors. Oh, and more EU figures.

SW Celeb encounters: I was blocking until you asked this!! Michael Sheard. Unfortunately, I'll be reliving that experience soon. Remind me to take a six-pack of Natty Lite to keep him at bay.

14. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Hopefully he won't start digging John's milkshakes!

I'd love to see more EU figures- just so I would know who the heck these people are you folks keep talking about!

I had a white SW satin jacket as a kid- still have the Vader head that was hooked to the zipper.

And was Carrie Fisher really in Playboy?! I saw a few pics of her on the cover in the metal bikini and naked on a fur rug on the internet a few years back and thought it had been faked! Ok, I'm replcing the patch with that as my hardest to find!

15. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    that's the second compliment of my milkshakes from LIN....I'll make ya some more when we get together again :)

I'll see if I can try and answer this post too.

First : 77 stromtrooper
    Latest: Throne room duel Vader and Luke along with a Jabba palace Luke
    Strangest:hmmm hard to say, but since I have to give an answer my lightsaber light up keychains I got for reserving my video games...ones a rainbow saber...LOL
    Hardest: Unleashed Vader, Mace, Tyrannus and Anakin.......lemme know if you wanna sell your's to me :)
    Wanting to see: EU action figures
    My most precious: FX Vader Saber...and FX Luke saber will tie whenever it shows up!!!!
    Still seeking: Theatre Edition Luke 97

16. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    "that's the second compliment of my milkshakes from LIN....I'll make ya some more when we get together again"

Man, you're gonna have to come to MSC and make some up in the hotel rooms! I'll make sure we have a blender and all!

Lin

17. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    It's gonna be a par-taaaaaay!!!! And we won't tell Sheard we have booze. He's the last person I'd want with his hands all over my precious vodka.

Is that right, precious??

Myyyyyyy Preeeeeeeciouuuuus.....

Then he might also try to kiss me, and we aren't going there. Sal's still in therapy over that incident.

John, you really need to come to MSC with us.

18. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Poor Sal...bear still in shock!

Yeah, John- even if you can't make it out for Friday or Saturday afternoon, you need to come hang out and party Saturday night! Safety in #'s and all...

Lin

19. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    If you see Michael Sheard again, show him this.

Just switch the gun for a tiny bottle of vodka. ;)

20. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I want to do one where his accessories are a can of Natty Light, 3 autobiographies, and a bow tie!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.