main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When is Young Indy coming to DVD?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Fluke_Groundrunner, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I don't see an other open threads about this, but the Yonug Indy series is still not on DVD. Has there been any info about this?

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  3. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    LucasFilm has been working on the Young Indy DVDs for several years now. They're spending a great deal of time producing documentaries focused on the historical figures Young Indy meets as well as other bonus material. George Lucas hope the DVDs could be a tool in the classroom to engage children in studying history.

Many have speculated that Young Indy would arrive on DVD before Indy 4 hits theaters and now that Indy 4 has been officially announced an announcement about the release of the Young Indy DVDs could also be forthcoming.

4. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    That's right. I had forgotten about the historical content that they will be adding in. I guess there is no release date scheduled though?

5. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Ulfor-Bombaasa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2006
    No release date as yet. Gobi-1 is correct about the ambitious plans for the DVD set. Rick McCallum mentioned this during Q & A at C3. My guess is that it will come out right before Indy IV with an exclusive trailer for the movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.