main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Where Allen Iverson will end up" speculation?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by New_York_Jedi, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    So apparently there is a former NBA MVP and many time all star available, and that he is going to get dealt "soon." So where do you think he ends up? Where do you want him to end up?

Here's a fun thing on ESPN that I'm sure many of you have seen and that I have been messing around with:
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trademachine

Like most people, I think the best fit for Iverson is Minnesota- KG is probably one of the few superstars Iverson could fit in well with. Also, I think he could fit the clippers well, and they have a few assests they could deal for him, probably. Clips could deal Mobley or Maggette, Livingston, and Zeljka Rebreca for Iverson, and probably throw in a first round pick also. That'd give them a crunch time player to depend on outside Sam Cassel. I'd rather deal Maggette, I think. Gives the clippers a starting five of Iverson, Mobley, Brand, Kaman and Quintin Ross. Thomas, Cassel, and Singleton round out the rotation. That'd be a pretty good group right there.

2. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Mike and Mike said it best this morning. Bibby has a 28 million dollar contract I believe. Trade him that way you can have Iverson and Artest on the same team!

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I'm pretty sure I heard that Minnesota doesn't have the money to get him.

I see him going to Denver or Indiana, although Indiana as a rival is unlikely.

4. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    I'm sure George Karl is salivating thinking about the pairing of AI and Melo, but the Wolves do have some pretty bad contracts of their own to give to the Sixers.

5. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    "Here, you take this bad contract away from us and we'll take that bad contract away from you!"

6. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    Expiring contracts can be powerful assets, even if the players don't do anything. :p

7. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Yeah, you gotta love that attitude, though :p

8. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    I am a huge fan of Iverson, but it is definitely in both parties interests for Iverson to get traded. The Sixers need to rebuild and move in a different direction. Iverson deserves to play for a team that can compete at the end of his career. Unfortunately, as the Sixers learned with Barkley, it is almost impossible in the NBA to trade a superstar and get comparable player or package of players in return.

9. DurronFan

DurronFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    Or maybe the Knicks will get him.:p

10. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    I think AI is going West for obvious reasons. I see him going somewhere low key where he wont make a team contenders. Somewhere like Golden State or Portland. That would be a pair though, Randolph and AI.

11. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Stephen A. Smith put Golden State as the front runner for the position. I can't see that for some reason however.

12. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Stephen A. Smith is a jerkoff

13. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Can't say I disagree with you.

Furthermore, do you guys think this will change Iverson or will he still be the same player he was with the Sixers? What if this trade shakes some sense into him? Is it possible?

14. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Will it change how he looks at practice?

Ok, sorry, it had to be said :p

Seriously, I don't think it will really change him significantly, although it is possible.

And I can't disagree about Stephen A. Smith either.

15. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    on another board there's talk of:

AI to GS
    Murphy, Jrich to Chicago
    Gordon, PJ Brown & Sweetney to Sixers

don't think it'll go down, though. Jrich would be nice (although his numbers are down this season) but Murphy is soft.

16. New_York_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002
    Apparently Iverson stopped a trade to Charlotte that was pretty much a sure thing: http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/16217972.htm

Also, rumours say the celtics are offering Al Jefferson, Delonte West, Bassy Telfair and Theo Ratliff for Iverson. Interesting trade there. I'm not sure I'd want the celtics to do it, though Iverson and Pierce would probably be enough to to take the pathetic atlantic.

17. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    The whole city of Sacramento is sitting on pins and needles at this moment. Most people seem to be convinced we are getting him for Bibby and Kenny Thomas. It would certainly reinvigorate the fan base...I've been going to games for five years now and the atmosphere in ARCO hasn't been this dead in a long time. They still announce sellouts every night to keep the sellout streak going, but empty seats are easy to find.

18. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Although I hate to think of who the Lakers would have to give up to get A.I. (Odom, Bymum, Walton), it would be great if he could play for the purple & gold.

19. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    No it wouldn't. [face_plain]

~Liar, lawyer, Mirror for ya, What's the difference? Kangaroo be stoned, He's guilty as the government~

20. New_York_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002
    I dont really see Kobe and the Answer working well together.

21. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I dont really see Kobe and the Answer working well together.

I definitely can't. Although if they could, it would be quite the duo.

22. New_York_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002
    It would certainly be a hell of a back court. Of course, I can't see AI and Ron-Ron working well together, and Sacto is looking like a strong possibility for him..

23. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    It wouldn't be a perfect pairing, but Kobe has been more of a facilitator/trusting of his team this season, so A.I. & Kobe together may not so bad as people think it could be.

24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Sacramento now out (ESPN.com):

The Sacramento Kings are removing themselves from the Allen Iverson sweepstakes. Kings co-owner Joe Maloof did not give details on why the once-interested team has backed out of the dealings.

"We're staying away," Maloof said in a telephone interview. "We're not going forward."

Some of the teams interested in the seven-time All-Star are the Boston Celtics, Indiana Pacers, Minnesota Timberwolves and Denver Nuggets, but there's no word yet on when a decision will be made on Iverson's future.

-- Bloomberg News

25. New_York_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002
    Good. Sacto wouldn;t make sense.

Clippers, Minnesota, Chicago, or Boston make the most sense, at least for me. They all have the right mix of pieces to deal/need for making a trade work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.