main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada Where are you Ghostbuster fans at?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by SamwiseGamgee, Dec 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamwiseGamgee

SamwiseGamgee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    I know you are out there. I am not the only one. Well to get you guys to crawl out to fhte wood work check this out.

In February Montreal Comic Book Studio "88 MPH" will be launching a four issue miniseries to test the popularity of the series. There is talk of a continued series but if there is interest. There is also talks of a new line of action figues.

I can't freakin wait!!!!

But check this out:
    [image=http://www.newsarama.com/Other_Publishers/GB1_cov.jpg]
    [image=http://www.newsarama.com/Other_Publishers/gb_prev1.jpg]
    [image=http://www.newsarama.com/Other_Publishers/gb_prev3.jpg]
    [image=http://www.newsarama.com/Other_Publishers/SLIMER.jpg]
    [image=http://www.newsarama.com/Other_Publishers/staypuft.jpg]

And this is an article I found with all the details:
    MAKING THE CALL: CLAVET & DABB ON GHOSTBUSTERS

by Benjamin Ong Pang Kean

There is definitely something weird in the neighborhood. Who ya gonna call? There?s something strange and it don?t look good. Who ya gonna call? Are you afraid of ghosts? Well, fear not as the real boys in grey return with their proton packs and ghost traps in an all-new adventure in February?s Ghostbusters, a four-issue limited series entitled ?Legion? from 88MPH Studios.

Written by Andrew Dabb with art by Steve Kurth, the new Ghostbusters comic in 2004 marks the 20th anniversary of the popular original box-office hit movie. Newsarama got in touch with sole owner of 88MPH Studios and project manager-art director-editor-president-coffee maker Sebastien Clavet and writer Dabb for more on this revival.

?Who else would you call?,? Clavet asked.

?Obviously I am a hard core GB fan, so for me it?s very important that we produce a book that reflects the flavor and feeling of the first movie. Not that I dislike the second or the cartoon series, but the first had something very special about it that we?ll try to duplicate in comic book form. These aren?t superheroes, they?re basically paranormal janitors who have a job to do. A hard, dirty, slimy job.?

??Legion?, the initial four-issue mini-series, picks up six months after the end of the first movie,? Dabb explained. ?Peter, Egon, Ray and Winston are the stars. Ray is the focus of ?Legion?, but the other guys get their own little subplots. We?ve really tried to give everyone screen time ? er, page time? - and take them a few steps beyond where they were in the first movie; Ray isn?t always happy go lucky, Egon shows signs of actually having emotions, Peter gets serious and Winston has a sense of humor. We?re not making any dramatic changes yet, but we didn?t want to tread the exact same ground as previous incarnations of the property have either.?

?Those characters are the core of the book. They?re so lovable and so well developed that it would have been a bad idea for us not to use them. Of course there are a few new additions to the cast, but those four are our focus,? Clavet said.

So, what is the four-parter about then? Some say things lose their shine after a period of time and it?s no different with the Ghostbusters.

?The fame the Ghostbusters got for beating Gozer is fading and some people are starting to think that the whole thing was just a really elaborate - and marshmallowey - hoax,? Dabb said. ?Even the people that believe in what the Ghostbusters are doing don?t really see them as anything more than glorified exterminators. Which, obviously, isn?t what the guys wanted. They thought they were going to change the world and win the Nobel prize, instead they?ve become sort of a fad, and one that?s on the decline to boot. ?Legion? deals with what you do after you save the world? Where do you go from there? After all, most ghosts aren?t out to enslave the planet, they?re a lot more localized. Of course, that doesn?t mean they?re not dangerous, especially when they work together.?

The first movie debuted in June of 1984 and starred Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, Ernie Hudson, Annie Potts and Sigourney Weaver. The success of the movie led to a sequel, a few animated series and comics

2. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    Awww...this is about comics? I thought it was going to be about the movies or the old TV show. :p

3. SamwiseGamgee

SamwiseGamgee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Its about everything. The comics are the only thing new that we have right now. Trust me I would prefer another movie...but it aint happening right away.

4. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.