main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Where is the people at?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Fipe_Naz-mero, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Dear Friends in the Force:
    I don't know if it is the summer or a great disturbance in the Force, but where is the people at? Come one everyone. At least write one line.

From my part, I'm still waiting to get some response to call for a meeting of the Southern MD Chapter. This time I'm planning on getting together in the St. Charles Mall, since it is a central and known place. The food court is excellent, and the area is good. So, if any of the Southern MD members read this, please write a reply and let me know if you are interested in assisting.

To the rest of the MDFF members, I hope you are having a great time during this hot summer.

Regards to all.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JM
    USA NE-REGION
    MDFF
    Southern MD Chapter

2. Jedi_Lyra

Jedi_Lyra Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2005
    I don't know about everybody else, but the heat has fried my brain. I work in Annapolis but I live in Baltimore so St. Charles mall is a little far for me. But maybe if the meeting is on a saturday that I work, I can make it down there. I'm going tonight for one last viewing of ROTS at Owings Mills before it is gone from all of the theaters. So sad!

3. saerah

saerah Jedi Grand Master star 7

May 13, 1999
    It's been hot here in Garrett County as well..even though it's about 10 degrees cooler here. Yesterday was 88 and it's about the same today.

It's sad to see the MDFF continue to be one of the least-active FF groups..being up here in the boondocks, all I can do is try to get things going here..but it's difficult.

4. Takalis

Takalis Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    Muffin.

oh wait, I suppose I should write something meaningfull.

It has been rather hot but that probably doesnt mean much since I'm a northern New Yorker stuck with a fulltime Job as a mechanic in an open garage. (I dont get how ya'll can stand this humid weather):_| I hope everyone's having a great summer though.

Takalis

5. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    The heat has fried my brain, well atleast what was left.

Other than that I have been literally tied up at the beach.

Anyway, hello Fipe.

I am moving back into my dorm now so I am packing up.

6. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I'll be in Delaware as of the 27th, and they don't have an FF to the best of my knowledge, so unless I start one somehow, MD'll always be mine.

Anyone feel like a meeting at Otakon for those attending?

7. DARTHIG88

DARTHIG88 Jedi Master

Mar 28, 2002
    I'm getting ready for Hernia surgery sorry, The Rebellegion Thingies are all on hold untill I've recovered.

8. PaSco

PaSco Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2004
    I've been AWOL due to family and work. Haven't had time to do anything between work, family, and joining the fire department. Will try to get in here more often though.

9. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    Dear Friends in the Force:
    I'm glad to see some people in here writing. I'm think that the heat is doing a lot of damage. but, I'm still here. I was away due to work, but now I'm back. Feel free to keep writing. And for the meeting everyone is welcome. Now, don't expecit to be until end of August (27/28) or in September.

I hope to hear more from the group.

Regards to all.
    God Bless.
    May the Force be with you...
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JM
    USA NE-REGION
    MDFF
    Southern MD Chapter

10. RevaDurron

Jan 27, 2005
    I hate that the MDFF is one of the least active FF's, I really want to help.

11. BobaKareu

BobaKareu Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 24, 2005
    Yeah, why does no one come here?

12. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    I really don't know. Might be summer? Might be preparing for school? I don't know. But I do know that I'm here trying to follow up with the organization of the MDFF and after a rave it was gone. But not everything is gone. The idea of the organization had a great acceptance and people began to work in their areas. Now we have to continue the work and avoid loosing the impulse that we had.

In my opinion, I think we should keep working on this, and bring more people in. Take the time to make meetings and motivate everybody to participate.

Just my thoughts for the moment.
    Regards to all.
    God Bless.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JM
    USA NE-REGION
    MDFF
    Southern MD Chapter

13. Zhan_Tyrros

Zhan_Tyrros Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2005
    i'd like to get involved, too, if i could...

what exactly needs to be done in order for these meetings to happen (besides people actually having the free time to attend them and organize them)?

14. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    There are some steps to it. But the main ones are to get a census on the date/time and place for the meeting. We always try to get public, concentric and known places. I found that if you suggest two, at most three, different places people wil respond to that. The same with the date. Usually I have seen Saturdays to be the best days. But that doens't mean that if you have a group you cannot meet on a Sunday or any other day of the week.

In my opinion that's the abstract. Oh, I don't forget a topic to talk about. I suggest that you also read this topic, Here we go again, so you can have a better understanding of the effort done by everyone in the MDFF to get the organization done. I beleive that we are on the right track, just lagging a little behind.

Anyone with more ideas?

Regards to all.
    God Bless.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JM
    USA NE-REGION
    MDFF
    Southern MD Chapter

15. Zhan_Tyrros

Apr 11, 2005
    how about this? i'll speak with my master and see if we can't brainstorm anymore ideas on this subject. hopefully, we'll be able to come up with something...

16. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    Sure, the more help we get the better it should work.

17. Jedi_Lyra

Jedi_Lyra Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2005
    I would love to get together meet everyone and talk Star Wars! Let's get this going!

18. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    EVEYRONE!!!
    This Saturday I'm planning to go to the opening of the Apple store at the Annapolis Mall. If anyone would like to go I'll be there with my Star Wars T-Shirt. Thinking about it, maybe we could use Star Wars T shirts (those who have one) to ID ourselves. Anyway, I'm looking forward for this store because of my iPod. It hard to see what's new and available for them... and you get free t shirts is you are between the first 1000 to arrive. I plan to be early there...

19. Zhan_Tyrros

Apr 11, 2005
    Annapolis mall... a bit of a far stretch.

unfortunately, i've already got plans, Fipe. sorry, man. my Sat's are usually open, though...

20. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Wish the store had opened earlier, as I live in Annapolis, and would normally be able to make it...

...but I'm moving into my dorm Sat.

21. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    I went to the store on Saturday. It was very good. The line was long but it moved fast. Now I know that I have an apple store near me....

I used my Jedi Academy t-shirt... but didn't see anyone else with Star Wars tshirt :(

Take care everyone..

22. Zhan_Tyrros

Apr 11, 2005
    i'm sorry, Fipe. :(

23. RevaDurron

Jan 27, 2005
    We should try planing something like that in advance Fipe.

24. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    I know that Reva..... it just that I learn about that the same week it opened. But that's ok. We still have more time.

In the meantime, I will keep my hopes high and my tshirts clean. :)

25. Zhan_Tyrros

Apr 11, 2005
    i will be watching and waiting from behind a veil of shadows...

*hides behind a dirty old black curtain with Pepsi stains and tears in it*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.