main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where to hold C4 poll

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by jediseanUF, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthnave

darthnave Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2005
    If you ask me i say they should put it some where that is not a
    giant metropolis maybe a small city like orlando and without much
    crime. Yeah maybe orlando or texas not washington though.Or how
    about minnisoda.

2. sithlard

sithlard Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2004
    My vote goes to Indianpolis. Then chicago. Then St. Louis. I want something centrally located, for the sake of people who live all the way on the east or west coasts, and I choose Indy because I only live 4 hours away in Michigan and I just really loved the town and the convention center!

3. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    I say keep it in Indy...most centralized location for pretty much everyone.

4. This-is-my-sock

This-is-my-sock Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2005
    I think it should be in the treehouse in my backyard

Why not, a lot of other people here are posting locations based on what?s closest to where they live instead of what location would make CIV even better than CIII. And just because a place is centrally located does not mean it is the best either,
    Indy sucks, the weather is bad, the drivers are rude and the water tastes like they dredged it from a moat!

Yeah, the tree house is yards from my house and no one else but me and a few celebrities and exhibits can fit in there, so the rest of y?all will have to wait down at the bottom listening to me have fun while I have a private audience with George, they bring in the one man show just for me to see, I won?t have to make my way through a line to buy my action figures from the store nor will I have to fight the crowds to be able to see all the droids in the droid exhibit

5. This-is-my-sock

Jul 7, 2005
    heh-heh, silence means consent so that means you are all in agreement that CIV Should be a private affair to be held in my tree house

weeeeeeeeeee, I can't wait!

6. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    Is there a "Steak 'n Shake" nearby? :p

Doc

7. -Doctor_Evil-

Sep 3, 2004
    Hmmmm... Minneapolis...Now there is a city that does not get much mention. Friend of mine went to a convention there. Big thing there would be that apparenly the Convo. Ctr. is really big and really nice. Check Here

They also have this skywalk system that is pretty neat. Like a big "Habi-trail"

I wouldn't hate Minneapolis, especially in April, May or June.

Doc

8. Fat_Trooper

Fat_Trooper Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2005
    One thing to consider is that Celebration IV more then likely will not draw as many people as Cel III did. Cel III had the benefit of being promated by all the pre EP III media hype. We were about to witness the last original story Star Wars movie and The Birth of Darth Vader, lets be honest Cel III was the biggest do not miss event ever for Star Wars ever. I do not see the new Live action show (Which they are now saying will not come out till 08) and an animated series generating anywhere near the same amount of hype and interest.

Taking that into account I think Indy will be fine. While we did push it to its limits and maybe even a little over for Cel III, I think it will be fine for IV. Indy has great hotels, everything is close together, great resturants, and good night clubs and bars.

The only two things I can see missing are better weather (I'm from Ohio and when I travel I like it to be warm) and maybe something for the rest of the family to do who aren't into Star Wars. So in order my three favorite secondary sites in order would be

Vegas
    Orlando
    San Diego

I really like the Idea of Vegas myself and as far as transportation goes, You can get better airfare going to Vegas then about any other city in the US.

9. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I'm assuming a lot of people are mentioning cities that they live nearby simply because they are familiar with the cities and have been to various conventions there, and know how well the cities can handle extra traffic. They aren't necessarily saying that that city would be best, they are just throwing it out as a suggestion.

10. This-is-my-sock

Jul 7, 2005
    Here is my Tree House where CIV will be:

[image=http://www.mauitreehouse.com/images/treehouse-088.jpg]

[image=http://www.mauihappyvacations.com/images/photos/Treehouse-view.jpg]

I have some ground sirloin and chocolate ice cream in the freezer and a blender so I have my own private little steak and shake
    and my butler Antonio will be preparing all my meals at CIV

11. DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0

DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2003
    New Orleans. This would be a perfect way to get the city back on its feet; it's also got nice weather, plenty of good lodging in the area, and it's navigable.

Other cities I can think of that would work out well are Dallas, Miami, Atlanta, Indy, and DC.

Sith Droid out.

12. AlisonC

AlisonC Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2005
    Dallas/Fort Worth metro.

13. -Doctor_Evil-

Sep 3, 2004
    Well, not to be indelicate here, but when I was in New Orleans it was really only a good place to do one thing. Get drunk.

It smelled like a wet armpit most of the time and from what I understand, the sea water and overflowing sewers have done nothing to remedy the situation as of yet. It is just damn humid in the Bayou and smells like a muddy boat ramp at low tide alot of the time, IMO. Sorry Big Easy, but I just didn't like you much. Still I hope you get back on your feet soon!

It would not be on my list. All the others are fine with me. In fact, I could Drive to DC and the Convo. Center is supposed to be nice, new and BIG.

Doc

14. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    I don't mind traveling to your fine country once again for C4. I do think that keeping it in the middle of the US is a better idea than out on the coast, plus the way your Dollar is dropping against the British Pound, I'll have plenty of cash to spend.

See you guys in 2007 [face_dancing]

15. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Definitely Indianapolis !!

It is a great and clean city and I look forward to going back there.

Had a great time at the Ram on Illinois St. [face_devil]

Let?s all meet back there in 2007.

16. This-is-my-sock

Jul 7, 2005
    UUuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!

17. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    They should have back in Coloardo,Home of C1

18. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Personally I just wanna KNOW!![face_laugh]

I would rather it NOT be here in Seattle - because I want to see other cities.

19. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Back at the Wings over the Rockies? Are you kiddin' me? Worste convention ever!

Actually I got no problem with Denver, I lover Denver, he11 I got family there so I wouldnt even have to pop for a hotel. BUT, after seeing the turnout for CII and CIII, I don't see Denver with a facility with the capacity to handle those numbers. I know we are not looking at a movie release year, but we are looking at a television show kick-off. Also there is that chance of the weather not holding out in those early spring months (see CI for examples).

Still got my money on Vegas!

20. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004

That is SO EVIL!!! o_O

Indy! Indy!

21. Mobius-Won

Mobius-Won Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2003
    I'd love to see in in Pittsburgh, but I'll drive to Indy again. Probably no further west than that.

22. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Let's hold it at Disney World! [face_clown]

I would have to say boo to New Orleans. It is a third tier city for conventions and the flights in and out aren't convenient.

I'm going to guess that Vegas might be considered not so family friendly.

So I'm putting my money on Dallas. And hopefully not in a hot month. Nothing worse than 1000s of stinking smelly stormtroopers :p

23. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004

:eek: EEEwwwwww.....gross!!

Elijah
    SL1922/VaderFanForever

24. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Well, if Indy is out, I say keep it centrally located. I'm thinking Chicago or St. Louis, both offer great food, major airports (even better than Indy's), plenty to do before, after, or even during the Celebration days (after con hours!).

A buddy of mine keeps telling me that with my love of steak and ribs, I would be in seventh heaven when it comes to eats in St. Louis!

25. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    This is true! (Plus plenty of Steak 'n Shakes and White Castles!... ;))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.