main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto where to see ROTS on the IMAX and digital???

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by kerberos_kero, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kerberos_kero

kerberos_kero Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    someone know were to see the movie on the imax?
    cuz any of the famousplayers are playing it on the imax :(
    and i want to see it Digital were can i see it?

2. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    AMC, Oakville, is where I saw it in digital. It looked a ton clearer so it's worth seeing, unfortunately I don't believe there was any extra footage.

3. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    No IMAX version expected either.

Digital is available at the following locations in Canada:

Galaxy Cinemas - Cambridge Centre
    355 Hespeler Road, Cambridge, ON

AMC Winston Churchill 24
    2081 Winston Park Dr., Oakville, ON

Famous Players Colossus Woodbridge
    3555 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON

Galaxy Conestoga Mall
    550 King St. N., Waterloo, ON

Paramount Montreal
    977 rue Ste-Catherine O., Montreal, QU

4. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Galaxy Conestoga Mall
    550 King St. N., Waterloo, ON

Thats where I saw it last night! wooohoo!

I did notice quite a difference in the picture, It was clearer and the colors were much more brilliant.

Which made the shot transition from the black of outer space to the sterile white hallways of the interior of a ship *twice* as blinding 8-}

5. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    But such an excellent interior of said white ship....

(i am intimate with said ship, built it for that crazy lego SD build off at CIII...more than once.)

6. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    If you're picky about digital imaging and quality, I'm going to say NOT to see it at the Colossus Woodbridge. I saw it there on Thursday and it was very poorly projected. Their projector is pretty out-dated. Just too dark and too low resolution.

7. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    Brokenyolk come see it in Oakville, byw we found some footage of you from CIII......

8. kerberos_kero

kerberos_kero Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    where is Oakville??
    how can i get to that place?

9. brokenyolk

May 10, 2002
    Yep - going to Oakville digital screen on Monday afternoon. I imagine it will be very busy with the holiday and all... I'll post my comparison after I see it.

10. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    We are west of mississaga, the AMC is the Winston chuchill one, right of QEW at winston Churchill. Public transit also will get you there bus from either Oakville or Clarkson go stations.

Brokenyolk we should visit. I'd come to see you at the AMC but no buses on holidays.

11. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    AMC Winston Churchill 24
    2081 Winston Park Drive, Oakville
    - (416) 335-5323

Take the Go train LAKESHORE WEST leaving at 43 minutes past the hour, every hour to CLARKSON STATION (1/2 hour). From CLARKSON STATION take bus route #45 to the AMC (15 minutes).

Bus transit mississauga 905-615-INFO (4636). Bus route #45

At the AMC, be sure to ask specifically to see the DIGITAL showing as they have Star Wars also playing in regular projector showings. Theatre 14 is the best. Theatre five digital showing is a smaller screen.

12. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    if you have already seen it on a huge screen then theatre 5 is pretty good b/c the detail is so sharp you can really take in everything that is going on. Sometimes it's difficult to see everything, esp. if you have trouble w perephial vison.

13. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    My friend in Spain says he saw a difference between Dig and NonDig. In NonDig, when Bail escapes after Lucas' son dies, the clone troopers don't shoot at him. He says that in Dig, they do, which would also go with what I've read in the book.

14. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Winston Churchill AMC only has the one digital projector - orginally in theatre 14 but since moved to theatre 5. Incredible picture - the only downside is the theatre is not THX.

The evening showings are at 7:15 and 10:45. When you get to the theatre, look for 'Star Wars Episode III DLP' The DLP means it's a digital showing.

15. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    If I do see it in digital, it will probably be at Conestoga Mall (Waterloo). Not only is it closer to me, I can visit 2 different Len's Mill Stores as well.

16. brokenyolk

May 10, 2002
    Saw the 3:45 Winston churchill DLP screening yesterday - excellent! Much much better than the Woodbridge one (that really sucked...)

17. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    ohhh Len's Mills, i wonder if i can convince anyone to drive all the way out there to see the movie....

18. Aina

Aina Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2003
    Debs...In the digital one...at least the one we saw last night, he doesnt get shot at. They just say "Let him go"

19. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I thought I saw one shot in his direction last night.

More importantly, we can confirm that the digital projection at Colossus is awful. Had read reference to it, but didn't think it would/could be quite that bad.

20. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Well, if no one minds going to Waterloo on a Monday or Tuesday, I'd be willing to see a movie there.

I really wish I had weekends off....

21. red5jedi

red5jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 1998
    May 25th...I just celebrated Star Wars birthday by watching "Revenge of the Sith" for my 5th time and it was my second digital viewing. The AMC in Oakville, I'll confirm like the others that it's definitely better than the DLP projection at the Colussus. However, as mentioned before on this thread that auditorium #5 at the AMC is not THX certified like the Colussus theatre. Only if you're really picky about sound like me.

Undoubtedly, I've been going through my post-Sith depression so that's why I've seen it 5 times already. Strangely, I'm going through an "empty void" right now that the epic 6 movies saga is over.

It's hard to explain, but I guess that SW is finally over and I'm still trying to "cling" on to my childhood. The circle is now complete due to Episode 3 finishing off the saga. Time to stop being Peter Pan and finally grow up now... :(

22. brokenyolk

May 10, 2002
    Time to stop being Peter Pan and finally grow up now...

Nooooooo!!!!!!

23. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    grow up? this does not compute you must be in the wrong universe.

24. Ms_Padme

Ms_Padme Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    The Toronto Star listing shows Colisseum in Mississauga has the digital version. Is that actually the case? If so is it worth the trek form Etobicoke?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.