main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OKC, OK which board do you like better?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by xwing25, Nov 6, 2002.

?

which board do you like better?

Poll closed Nov 14, 2002.
  1. the force.net

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. the club website msn boards

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. other (post what boards)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xwing25

xwing25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 1999
  2. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    These, by far. I'm here all the time anyways.

3. FettsBounty2

FettsBounty2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    TFN JC Boards baby!

-Austin
    BH/TK/TD-1116

4. ForceDemon

ForceDemon Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
  5. forcewhispers

forcewhispers Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2002
    I like this style of board better, but I think we should have our own boards on our own site.

BTW, I meant to vote for these boards, but I hit the wrong button.

6. darthwalls

darthwalls Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    I like our site better! We have more control of it, more features, and IT IS WHAT GOT US WHERE WE ARE TODAY!

7. Starfig873

Starfig873 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2002
    Hrm. This is a tough one...I'm undecided right now. These boards work, can't say they don't...but DW makes a really good point too.

Hmm..

8. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    So, AOL got me where I am today, but I wouldn't use it again if they paid me!

Change can be good. :)

Personally, I don't like the MSN site at all. I can't even get into the chats anymore. The whole look of the site is bland and unoriginal. I think we should have a whole new site. That's my 2¢, anyways.

9. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Yes, these boards totally kick MSN's little candy ass. ;)

10. ASkywlkr

ASkywlkr Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2002
    It is what got us here today. Im sorry that its MSN (all you mac users) but the majority of the world uses msn and ibm/pcs. sorry you didnt get one. :)

anyway...no really. the msn gives us the ability to divide our boards up into groups, and give it our own flavor. im currently working on a new opening page to update it.

the tfn is all jumbled, no divisions, no sections, nothing. we can still use it for general discussions, but the msn is what got us here and it worked just fine before we came to tfn.

now about our own web site. weve brought this discussion up in meetings (both club and council) and unless somebody wants to donate money for an ip, computer server to run out of somebodys house, and the time to manage the whole system...feel free. otherwise, msn is FREE for a great message board that we can control, create polls, post pictures, leave each other messages, etc.

just my thoughts
    brian
    club treasurer

11. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    We wouldn't need to get a server and all that. We could do fine with any cheap or free web hosting service.

And I'd be glad to help build it. :)

12. Silent_Jedi

Silent_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2001
    I feel like MSN is the lessor of two evils at this point. It's free (get what you pay for) and it looks like it. On the other hand, we really don't have anything in place to actually have our OWN site.

[/pc rant]Sorry Brian, but the "majority of the world uses pc's" so it's better arguement is like saying McDonalds has the best food cuz they serve the most![/end pc rant] :p

There are other free services like MSN out there, this was the one that was chosen in the conception of JediOKC but they all suffer from cosmetic problems and lack of modification that is allowed by admins. It's just the nature of free homepages.

As far as message boards go, the only advantage that MSN has over TF.N is you can create catagories (folders) and post messages under that and then reply to those particular messages. Basically they have one more level than the TF.N boards do. I like the idea of breaking down the topics further like on the MSN forums, but not enough to use them.

I've got some things in the works and maybe by the beginning of the new year I'll have something to bring to you guys--I'll leave it at that for the moment.

My 2¢

P.S. Brian, I swear you're gonna burn my eyeballs out of my head by using "great" and "MSN" in the same sentence!! ;)

13. ASkywlkr

ASkywlkr Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2002
    Hey!!! Dont go knocking McDonalds. that place is the best. and Bill gates is my hero!!!! I wish I could be as cutting edge as he (and rich)!!

14. xwing25

xwing25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 1999
    ok there is one day left in this poll so please vote if you haven't yet thanks

15. Starfig873

Starfig873 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2002
    I went with MSN finally. I know it can be a pain sometimes, but it does have some advantages that I like (namely the forum able to be sectioned up).

16. FettsBounty2

FettsBounty2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    So if the majority of people vote for MSN, are we switching back? :(

-Austin
    BH-1116

17. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    Wouldn't think so. We're still a TFN FanForce.

I'll still post here. :)

18. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Basically if we abandoned this board we wouldn't be a TFN FanForce anymore, this board is what makes us one really.

19. darthwalls

darthwalls Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    We were and still are JediOKC before we were a FanForce. The FF is an online group while JEdiOKC is a meeting group with a website. The poll was to see which boards everybody liked the best to see if we should make the JediOKC site have more to do on it like there used to be. There is a link on our site to these forums. Now there will be a choice of what forums to use.

20. spike71

spike71 Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2002
    I like the way we recevied daily and weekly activity e-mail on msn. Over here I have tride but can never tell what is new or months old without looking at the dates of each post. I also like what three dead trolls in a baggy had to say about Macs. Next time your parents have a problem with there computer tell them it's broken to give it to you, and go out and by a Mac. it's a computer for idots I MEAN PARENTS!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.