main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters Which character should be the next Force FX saber?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by FETT-MAN, Dec 8, 2005.

?

Which character should be the next Force FX saber?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
  1. Yoda

14.3%
  2. Darth Maul

32.9%
  3. Count Dooku

18.6%
  4. Darth Sidious

30.0%
  5. Plo Koon

4.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I think Kyle Katarn would be awesome, though I also know they won't do it.

2. darthnave

darthnave Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2005
    I like Kyle also. Yeah you are most likely right. I bet they won't do any more characters that weren't main characters in the movies. Because alot of people don't know them. And if alot of people don't know them then they won't sell well. And if they don't sell well....then the company will stop maken them or somthing. The only reason I can think of them making a side character Jedi is if they are a main character in the new Star Wars TV series that comes out this year. (Though if you ask me it will most likley take place during the original trilogy.)

3. FETT-MAN

FETT-MAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2005
    What's this about a show comming out this year?

4. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    Well they are gonna make a new Star Wars Live Action T.V. series
    based off of quote"...side characters" unquote. I heard this second hand on T.V. from a woman who spoke with Goerge Lucas himself about the T.V. series. Like I said before I bet that it is most likely gonna take place during the Original Trilogy. Also
    I bet again (and I mean metaphorically) that if it is gonna take place during the Original Trilogy that it will be based on Wedge Antilles

5. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Interesting... do you know the name of the show?

6. TorLinWaDur

TorLinWaDur Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2005
    id say.

Yoda
    and others

both from the movies and video games
    both jedi or siths

7. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    No not really it's all being secretive right now but if you ask me it will most likley be on FOX because 20th and 21st century FOX
    supported the Star Wars movies. (Or maybe some other channel ,what do I know?):confused:

8. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    Not to sound uptight, but this discussion about the upcoming TV Show belongs in one of the many threads located in the "Small Screen Star Wars" forum - there's plenty of information to be found there...

Now to get back on-topic, the next Force-FXs are due fairly soon. I hope to see the Darth Maul in person and after growing accustomed to my Luke ROTJ's hilt, I'm actually considering getting the Obi-Wan. I just wish they would focus on some of the other characters' sabers.

-Kyle

9. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    Yeah well...... Anyway I can't afford to buy a FX saber because they are $120 and considering I am a teenager I cannot save up $120 since I only get $7 a week. The reason why I cannot save up that much is because when I have about say $70 or $80 there is always somthing that comes out that I want like heck and spend all the money on it.

10. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    After spending my entire Sunday cleaning up the back yard I'm going to get $30 bucks or so... saving up for my 1st fx saber! I've been wanting one of those for a while now. Only problem is I don't know which one to get. I could either get the Darth Vader and make a DV costume, but I'm short and would look like Dark Helmet instead... or I could get the Mace Windu and make my custom Jedi, but since I'm white I wouldn't be able to go as Mace in the future. I usually like to go with friends on Halloween, and if they want to be jedi, I'll go with my custom jedi, but if they're wanting to be something else I'll probably go with DV. I like purple, and Mace was the only one in the movies with purple. And as I said, because of my skin color that takes out any possible future Mace costumes...:_| I'd like people's opinion on which option I should make.
    [--[][]/=============== Darth Vader
    [-[][]}=============== Mace Windu
    {[]-[][]-{=============== Obi-wan
    [][]}========== Yoda

11. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    I don't think you should worry about needing the costume to match the lightsaber you eventually purchase. Be your own Jedi if you want - or your own sith. Especially since you're a teenager, I really don't think that kind of thing matters so much. I also think that you will find that "screen-accurate" character costumes are far more spendy than a single Force FX lightsabers (in most cases).

And Fett-man, aren't you shooting for a mandalorian costume? The Madalorians battled against the Jedi in the Expanded Universe, it's not too far off for a Fett look-a-like to own a red or green or blue lightsaber.

-Kyle

12. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    Fett_Man if you ask me I think you should get a purple because no on actually said Mace Windu was the only Jedi with a purple blade. Think about it Aalya Secura has 2 lightsabers 1 blue the other purple.......think about it.....

13. Gul-Dak-Herann

Gul-Dak-Herann Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2005
    ^She has a purple blade? I know about a red one...:confused:
    But I doubt Mace was the only one with a purple blade, there's bound to be others. There are orange and yellow blades that Jedi use, but no one ever sees them in the films (that irks me).
    Also, one thing I've noticed is that no Jedi has a red blade. C'mon, SOME Jedi has to realise how kickass a red blade is...

If I made a costume. I'd go for a sort of mix between Matrix and Luke's ROTJ costume.
    http://www.abbyshot.com/products/ps-lobby-reloaded-jacket.php

Multitasking, I've got a Matrix and SW costume in one:cool:. I would also have two sabers, a red and a blue one (half way there with a Vader FX, kickass angry sound). I'd alternate between sabers (as in one day I'd use the red as primary and blue as secondary) depending on my mood.

14. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Adi Galla had a red saber... And swbf2 has pics of Securra with blue and purple, but in the game she has blue and green (go figure). You know, since a jedi is a lot easier (and after making the Ani I've still got the pattern) I'll go with the purple. Oh, I just remembered another red sabered good guy, his name's Tyvvoka, a Wookie Jedi Master!!! Strange isn't it? I was going to do a Mando, but that'll have to wait. I thought (according to the game bounty hunter) the bando gora wiped out the mandos. Oh, and I've got a custom mando in mind, which in the fan fiction you can read about. Look for 'Bakla Trett, a new Mercenary'. No one reads my stuff there, so please look for it [face_praying] !

15. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    I know another Jedi with a red lightsaber her name is Daeshara Cor she is a yellow Twi'lek. She is in a couple of books that take place after ROTJ like The New Jedi Order serires. (Though gets killed. Sorry.)

16. Gul-Dak-Herann

Gul-Dak-Herann Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2005
    Not your fault she died, unless you killed her...[face_mischief]

Nice to know Jedi can look like badarses just as the Sith can.

I like the idea of a Jedi Mando. Not necessarily a Mando who killed a JEdi for his prize (he'd kill himself soon after with it). Although again, Mandos are not reknowned for their Force skill, more their brute strength. Maybe your just a simple Jedi who found Mandalorian armour to be comfortable? Maybe you could combine Jedi and Mandolorian tech, like a few armour plates here and there, but leave some space for you to look noticably like a Jedi, like robes underneath. If you understand me.

17. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005

18. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    Hey Fett_Man and anyone else who cares. In any era the Jedi never actually had a dress code I mean look at Anakin he wears a Dark Jedi tunic/robe. Plus I read it next to Anakin's picture in the Star Wars Episode 2 Visual Dictionary. (For the heck of it.)
    Any way so you don't have to wear a tunic but wear something Star Warsy like a jacket or better yet a jump suit like Corran Horn which by the way would be an awesome FX lighstaber it is at 1st a single but then he gets a cool double blade that is silver but the
    blades can extend and become purple though now that you think of it would be impossible to make unless they made 1 double sided purple and another double sided sliver.;) *wink* *wink*
    By the way I said sorry about Daeshara dying because it was kinda a spoiler.

19. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    I think I already know what I'm going to do on the custom jedi. Since he's an alien, and I'm already going for a semi EU look, instead of the classic tunic I'm going to kind of modify it to look more like a jacket. I was going to wear elbow length gloves (used the right one for Ani) so I thought I'd make the sleeves more like a regular shirt. The lenght of this 'jacket/tunic' will be the same, but the tabbards will be long. Also about the tabbards, it'd also look EUish if I made those like a semi jacket as well. I thought about having the front look like classic tabbards, but the back would be one piece. And if you don't sew the sides it looks like tabbards (I thought of this because I made the Ani tabbards too big and they kept sliding off my shoulders). Pants and boots would be the same. The cloak I have in mind is Ani's AOTC cloak. The whole outfit would be blue and really dark blue, some black, and a purple lightsaber. BTW, he'd be a Rodian, more EU thrown in. I said Tyvvoka's saber was red because of an action figure I saw. He might've had two? Did he speak english, I'm not educated on EU as you can tell.

20. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    1st of all: You and me Fett_Man we think alike, I was planing to
    take a picture of me with my make-shift Darth Nihilus mask and black hooded cape and rotoscope the lightsaber with a black beam and a purple auora. 2nd of all: Fett_Man why are you making a costume now it's still January, October is like 10 months away.
    3rd of all: Who else thinks that Corran Horn's lightsaber would be a cool FX lightsaber? Finally: One picture I saw of Tyvokka he had and orange lightsaber. (Then again it was an action figure and it could have been red do to the lighting.) P.S. Tyvokka's lightsaber wouldn't be impossible to make as an FX. That picture just looks like he is swinging it really fast. Like a flashlight in the dark.

21. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    I never said I was making it now. That's just my plans for whenever I get the fabric (which'll probably be in the summer like last year). I am drawing up sketches for the mods, though, currently. Who knows when I'll get the fx saber... hopefully soon. Well, no matter what color the saber is, that's one tough opponent. 'Always let the Wookie Win', they say.

22. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    I found a Sith with a yellow lightsaber. Her name is Sevrance Tan
    (Or Tann). She was a general for the Sepratists. I think she is a Chiss but I read that Chiss didn't show up 'till The Original Trilogy. *sigh*:confused: She was in the game Star Wars Galactic BattleGrounds Saga.

23. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    I meant that the shape of the hilt would make it impossible.

[image=http://www.janduursema.com/fanart/tyvokkasaber.jpg]

-Kyle

24. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    Oh yeah....that:oops: (lol). Anyway I didn't even know he existed. Much less what his lightsaber(s) looks like. By the way what time period did he exist in? (Prequels, after ROTJ, or The Old Republic?)

25. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    And did he speak english?! Oh, wait, I saw a comic strip... he did. Huh, wonder what a Wookie speaking english would sound like?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.