main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Which is Your Favourite kind of Lightsaber?

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by lukedecop, May 8, 2005.

?

Which is Your Favourite kind of Lightsaber?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. The BLUE one

19.0%
  2. The Yoda GREEN One

28.6%
  3. I prefer Count Dooku RED walking stick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Darth Maul Double Bladed RED lightsaber is cool!

9.5%
  5. Mace PURPLE saber Rocks big Time

28.6%
  6. I just want to carry Blue, Green and Many More like Grevious :)

14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
  2. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Tough choice for me... 'cos my favourite colour is actually purple... but then, I really really LURVE Yoda, so green would be a good choice too... but in the end, I decided to go with the blue, 'cos the first lightsaber I ever saw was the one that Luke's father's handed down to him in ESB, and it was blue... but yeah, I like Luke's lightsaber the best, I think the hilt is beautiful :)

3. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Green just looks much Force-like. hehe

4. wmgan

wmgan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    My favourite would definitely be a double-bladed PURPLE lightsaber!

5. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Green, being the color of nature, will have the most resemblence to the force. And as much as I like Mace Windu's lightsabre, my favorite is still Darth Maul's, in all its double-bladed glory.

;)

6. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    I'm sure all of you have noticed (and wondered how strange it was) that though a Jedi's lighsaber is often (blue or) green while a Sith's is red -- leading some to believe that green and red symbolize good and evil -- laser blasts from starships are reversed! Shots from Rebel ships are red whereas shots from Imperial ships are green. I wonder why Lucas decided to do that.

By the way, I don't know if there's something wrong with my memory but I clearly remember the original Death Star's laser beam as blue in colour (while the second Death Star's laser is green). In the DVDs, however, both Death Stars shoot green lasers. I don't have the original and Special editions to compare (except on videotape, but my VHS player no longer works)... but I couldn't find this "change" in any lists of Special Edition and DVD changes (even the very comprehensive one on www.dvdanswers.com). Is my memory deceiving me? Was the laser from the original Death Star green all along?

7. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Green, the great saber of a great Master, Luke, Qui Gon, Yoda... They all held green, the great Masters.
    Other then Coleman Trebor, the lousy dinosaur faced Jedi that got shot off the platform by Jango in the Geonosis battle...

8. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Purple purple purple..... Me, I prefer Mace's lightsaber. It's cool, in my favourite colour, and one of a kind. *grin*

9. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    Yay, purple lovers unite!!

From a scientific point of view, it's certainly the hottest colour as it has the highest frequency in the visible light spectrum! =)

10. padawan_princess

padawan_princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    Haha...as much as I love the other colours, I still have to pick the traditional blue as my favourite...
    (Obi-Wan Kenobi!!)

11. Curlywhirlyjedi

Curlywhirlyjedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2005
    I want to have many sabers like grevious. One for every occasion i say!! Green for christmas,blue for easter, red for valentines day, purple for my birthday, Double bladed for the great singapore sale, the list goes on! lol

Btw Wmgan, i dun think you are mistaken coz i remember the same thing. must be editing i guess.

12. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    I wonder if the laser was green only in the DVD or also in the special edition... gotta dig up my old special edition VCDs again and check. Unfortunately I don't have the original (pre-SE) versions. =(

13. AnyGuy555

AnyGuy555 Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2005
  14. Mercurio

Mercurio Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Green for me, it suits my 'wild' personality.

15. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I'm more incline to the Dark Side so Maul is the best for me. :D

Frankly, my Sith Character carry a lightsabre like Maul but in Metallic Black, and another in the fashion of Vader but with the top like TOTJ era Lightsabres with those Claws, and 3 Crystals inside with the one giving the Red Blade most used. She retain the Vader-Like Lightsabre when she went back to the Light Side and join Luke during the NJO era.

16. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Finally someone joins me at Darth Maul! Although I'm playing Mace now, Maul's lightsaber is still a bit cooler.

:)

17. slack_almighty

slack_almighty Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    Mace, purple is unique. Plus of course he is the biggest baddest mo-fo in world.

18. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    purple is so gay IMHO. but it is unique nonetheless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.