main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which piece of Star Wars music always gives you tingles down the spine?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Hermi_Odle, Dec 5, 2012.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Definitely this one, plus this one:

2. FuzzyWuzzy

FuzzyWuzzy Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Well, my first thought was Across the Stars, but then I remembered Anakin's Betrayal. The use of choral voices really adds a lot to the piece. Also when Anakin marches on the temple, there's a really powerful rendition of The Arena. I literally listen to about 20 seconds of it over, and over, and over. And over.

But overall, nothing can really compete with the absolute awesomeness of The Force theme, especially binary sunset. It's simple almost to a fault, but somehow speaks louder to me than many classical or better known works. Gorgeousness.

3. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    Duel of Fates
    Anakin's dark deeds
    Padme's ruminations
    Into the trap

4. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Rebel Fleet/End Title from TESB, closely followed by Luke and Leia and Across the Stars.

Revyl Ren likes this.
  5. King Terak

King Terak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 22, 2012
    Rebel Fleet/end titles (Thanks Galaxies)
    That theme that played when Obi-Wan was informing Yoda and Windu about the Clone Army (just awesome)

Revyl Ren likes this.
  6. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    There is music that is "most moving" in and of itself, then there is music that is most moving/effective in the context of the scene.

I like "Begun the Clone War has" (probably not the "official" title). Being of the "OT generation", that scene just sent chills up my spine, literally watching the de facto birth of the Empire along with a tiny hint of what would become the Rebellion.

7. Kweh-chan

Kweh-chan Jedi Master star 1

Mar 7, 2006
    "Leia's News and Light of the Force" from the end of ROTJ

"The Immolation Scene" from ROTS. Despite the fact that I don't watch ROTS (for personal reasons, nothing against the film, itself!), this music always sticks with me and stands out to me as a short but outstanding masterpiece. For just a few seconds, near the end of the track, all the darkness that has come to be and that will be for the next two decades, everything that has been lost, and everything that Obi-Wan has lost, is expressed so chillingly and perfectly. I think it's one of Williams' best works in the saga, and I get goosebumps every time I hear it.

And while I can't remember the name of the piece, the version of The Force Theme that plays when Luke is calling out to Leia in ESB, as he's hanging underneath Cloud City. It's my favourite scene from the OT, and possibly the entire saga, and, in many ways, it's that short piece of music that makes the scene.

...and on a slightly more predictable note, I LOVE the Trade Federation Invasion music. I can't help but grin like a maniac when I hear it :D

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  8. Yunners

Yunners Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2006
    Into The Trap. It really tickles my happiness gene.
    But my favorite theme is either The Force theme or the Rebel Fanfare. In fact nothing in the saga gets a **** yeah! out of me more than this piece at the 7:05 mark:

9. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    The Main Title. Forever and always.

10. EUdiscoverer1136

EUdiscoverer1136 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2012
    Hands down.. Princess Leia's Theme from ANH. Beautiful and majestic. Never been beat by ANY SW track for me, ... and the amazing thing is, when I first bought the SW soundtrack, it was my least favorite track!
    A very very close second... "The Battle of Yavin", also from ANH. Simple and epic, and puts me right back in the trench every... flippin'... time!

Revyl Ren and thesevegetables like this.
  11. Episode Swag

Episode Swag Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    Gotta say I very much enjoy the credit rolls of every movie! Love how John Williams just goes to town at the end of each of the films!

Though that which really gets my goosebumps aflamin' is the Force Theme of course! Especially the binary sunset one, sometimes I even tremble a bit at that part! And the version of the force theme at the beginning of episode 3 is also very good!

Across the Stars is of course very great.

At the very end of episode 6 I always get a nice chill attack during the celebration when the force ghosts arrive. Such an amazing ending to the Vader storyline!

thesevegetables likes this.
  12. DarthLazious28273

DarthLazious28273 Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2013
    Thats an easy one. The Imperial March.

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  13. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I have just been relistening to the soundtracks, and I have to say my new top tracks (they give me goosebumps or make me feel so undescribable) are:

-Battle of Hoth
    -Rebel Fleet/End Title
    -Across the Stars
    -Padmé's Ruminations
    -Immolation Scene
    -Emperor's Throne Room

They've got great elements, Battle of Hoth specifically has most of the themes I remember, as well as the Imperial March at just the perfect times, and the perfect strength. This one is amazing how many moods are within it.
    Rebel Fleet: Nostalgia, combined with the balance between the Empire and Rebellion within the song.
    Across the Stars, tells the story of Anakin and Padmé so incredibly well. I can't even begin to describe it.
    Padmé's Ruminations and the Immolation Scene are haunting and gorgeous...
    The Emperor's Throne room is just perfect for the scene, I get creepy chills from this one.

epithree likes this.
  14. Iefan

Iefan Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 31, 2013
    Search & Rescue from ESB. The moment I hear it wherever I am I instantly picture myself inside a Snowspeeder.

15. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Hm... let's see...

The Rebel Fleet
    Victory Celebration
    Padme's Destiny and the Birth of the Twins
    Battle of the Heroes
    The Throne Room
    Binary Sunset
    Main Title
    Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale (Specifically the Imperial March part)

Pain and Suffering likes this.
  16. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009

And then there is this painfully overlooked gem.

Plus, I'll go for the obvious. Battle Over Coruscant's lead in with the drums, before going absolutely nuts once they fly over the crest of the ship.

17. dooku88

dooku88 Jedi Padawan

Feb 2, 2013
    Luke and Leia's Theme.

18. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Duel of Fates

Across the Stars

19. Ferus Olin

Ferus Olin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2012
    Duel of Fates but seriously Star Wars is lucky to be so blessed with John William's music which is the best music of any film series by far. I really hope he does Episode VII

20. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    The Imperial March and this

Force Smuggler likes this.
  21. smuggler_vola

smuggler_vola Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 13, 2012
    Duel of the Fates and Across the Stars.

22. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    Emperor's theme and that bit where Luke is lighting the pyre. I don't know what the song is called.

23. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    anytime I hear the snap hiss of a light saber

Ahsoka_Tano_11 likes this.
  24. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    It's called Leia's News/Light of the Force

Mirax Terrik likes this.
  25. Catsmeow

Catsmeow Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Duel of fates, Leia's theme, across the stars, the imperial march, Luke's theme, and that one that plays at the end of the special edition of ROTJ.