main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Who got their personal "Holy Grail" Xmas Gift ????

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by DarthRain, Dec 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthRain

DarthRain Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2000
    I still can't believe I got mine !!

A PS2 practically fell into my lap the Friday before Christmas !!

I know...I know..it ain't no Red Ryder BB Gun...but then again...my name aint Ralphie either. :-D

Let's hear from y'all !!

2. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    You be careful! You'll put your eye out!!! ;)

Cynthia & Chris

3. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    OOOPPS, there's been a mix up you got my gift and I got yours. Where can we meet to exchange them? ;)

Actually Karin and I haven't bought each other gifts in several years, since we've been blessed with the ability to buy pretty much what we want (since we are empty nesters). What we do instead is buy items for Christmas Angels, or Homeless Shelters. We volunteered at a shelter and noticed that they lacked for so many things that we sort of adopted them :) We buy blankets, food that sort of stuff. Add to that the fact that we have over TWENTY!!!! nieces and nephews, and Christmas in our home becomes a big event, but we enjoy it.

So I guess to answer your question I guess I did get my holy grail: love and family...and good friends :)

4. DarthRain

Jun 2, 2000
    Gee Tim...thanks for making me feel like the materialistic jerk this Christmas.

5. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    My Holy Grail? That would be my 2 year old daughter. Nothing else matters. I love buying stuff for her for Christmas. I love seeing her eyes excited with glee over the next present to open. I love it when she says, "I love you, da da." Warms my heart, yes it does. Now that she's old enough to understand that it's Christmas and she's getting presents, and she's with her mom and dad ... boy it brings a tear to me eye. Add the fact that she was born in December...well, bub, it couldn't get any better. I've had a great Christmas just because she's in my life. Gotta love that.

6. DarthRain

Jun 2, 2000
    OK...maybe I'm not making myself clear on this topic...what was the one thing that you got this year if anything,that you DIDN'T THINK YOU WOULD GET AND DIDN'T ALREADY HAVE !!!!

So far the only things that have been mentioned would be better served by a different topic...such as "What gives you the warmest feeling during the holidays ?"

I'm talking GIFTS here people...like the "Fantasia Anthology".....a leather jacket....the "SE7VEN Platinum Series" DVD....a Rolex....a gift certificate from Condoms to Go !!!!!!

7. Old-Jedi

Nov 25, 2000
    Sorry Chad I misunderstood. My holy grail; peace on Earth, goodwill toward men (and women). That didn't happen this year, but maybe someday......

8. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    Unfortunately I didn't get my lifesized Darth Maul or Maul replica saber.. but maybe some other time....

I'm happy enough to have gotten some SW stuff and a DVD player for my room (sure beats crowding around the computer monitor!).

Glad to hear you got your PS2, Chad.. enjoy it! :) Hope your family had a blast this xmas....

take care
    Cynthia

9. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Oh, I got a scanner. I didn't even ask for one. Didn't even know I was getting one.

10. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    Oh that's cool! What kind of scanner? The hubby and I would love a new scanner w/ a slide/transparency adapter (so many things we'd like to upgrade on the compy, tho' as well as other things we need to put the money into.. ach! heheheh). So many of the photos we take now are all slides and it's too much a pain to let someone else scan those in (and making prints of the slides and then scanning them is "blah").

I mainly just would love to get a new one because I can't find my old software and my P III doesn't like it for some reason... let's just say my 486 is quicker than the P III now at scanning and it's a pain :(

(I hate moving.. I am not only missing my scanner software but I'm missing several other CD ROMS too :( bummer)....

MTF/DS/BWY,
    Cynthia

11. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    I was hoping to at least get coal in my stocking, but alas, I woke up on Christmas morning to find nothing but the dogs that wanted to go outside.

=(

12. Old-Jedi

Nov 25, 2000
    HEY!!!! I guess that solves the eternal question that has perplexed mankind for a very long time:

Now we really know "who let the dogs out". It was Brandon all along. Bummer.

13. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Tim, you will die very, very slowly.

14. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    <yellow flag FLYING>

"PERSONAL FOUL, Oul, oul.... REFERENCING THE BIGGEST WHIP SONG OF THE YEAR, Ear, ear.... HALF THE DISTANCE TO THE END ZONE, One, one.... FIRST DOWN, Own, own...."

15. DarthRain

Jun 2, 2000
    I think I finally realized how I should have worded this post...

In my best Motorcycle Greggo voice....

"If ya got big GIFTS let me hear from ya !!"

16. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    I'm trapped in a bad episode of "Laugh In".

17. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    Chad, no I didn't :) This was probably the first year I didn't... previously some of my big gifts have been.. the SW Chronicles book (a shock because it was so pricey and I didn't even know about it much less ask for it), and a signed, game used (icky! LOL) Belfour goalie stick... can't think of any others that big, off the top of my head that I have gotten <g>... this year he was a bit calmer, tho' - he intends to try to get me some of the stuff I wanted/needed after the New Year at some point.

like I said tho'.. some day I'll get my replica Maul saber and lifesized Maulie ;) (although Chris thinks the Maul statues stink and I should do one myself.. yeah RIGHT.. oy... ok so I kinda agree with him too tho' :( ah well....)

MTF/DS/BWY,
    Cynthia

18. Old-Jedi

Nov 25, 2000
    I saw the open shot and I took ya hear, I took it! Heck if the same shot appeared I'd take it again! 'Cause I'm a BAD MAN!!!

Some say I'm gifted with patience and a good sense of humor. Does that count?

19. Queen_Tofuti

Queen_Tofuti Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2000
    Hi just wanted to post my gift. I needed it really badly. My sister got me: new luggage!! She sees how much I travel to Texas and all. I am very thankful for this gift. I am going to be traveling a lot in 2001. =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.