main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Who has done/is doing/wants to do a FanFilm?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Renegade4E, Mar 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renegade4E

Renegade4E Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2002
    Okay, is there anyone who can choreograph a fight that isn't going on their mission this summer?

2. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I can be invovled (I'll go mad if I don't do some lightsabers soon!)
    But I don't think I'm any good at choreographing

maybe we could get the guy who runs the sword club to help

3. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    I have fenced for over 5 years and have competed in broadsword training for 2 1/2. I have choreographed 3 lightsaber duels and several other sword/fight duels/ battles- including a battle of 45 people. Im available to help over the summer- just need the advance notice to plan! Let me know.

4. Jedi_Cougar

Jedi_Cougar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    Hey Allen,

Were these lightsaber things you choreographed ever put through post, and if so are they by any chance on the internet?

I'd love to see them, I'm sure others would too...

5. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    I have a good friend who knows tons about sword fighting and he is really good at choreographing sword fights. He came up with this huge fight for a medieval movie that we were making together and it had way cool sword fighting, there were parts where you jump over other peoples swords, you dive and roll on the ground, swords would get knocked out of peoples hands and go flying through the air(without hitting anyone, of course). And that isn't all that was included, there were axes involved (they were being swung around and being thrown). These swords were also real swords (pretty sharp, he made them himself and they were great). The fight was very great, I couldn't believe all of the cool stuff that he came up with. I am sure that he could come up with a great one for lightsaber fighting. It would be geat if him and allenj456 could work together and come up with something way great.

6. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    * drools with the idea of having connections with a smithy!!! *
    - 2 of the lightsaber duels I did were scrapped because the film was canned due to funding loss. the other one is currenty in post production. Have no idea when it will be done- Sounds like fun- except... i can't see any situation in a medival setting where you'd get to 'jump' over an opponents blade? if it was just a fun romp and not meant for historical accuracy then I'll buy that :)

7. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    It was mostly just for fun. He wanted to make the fight look really cool so he put stuff that wouldn't really happen in it.

8. Ben_Sch-

Ben_Sch- Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    Hey Allen:

Here is a situation where someone would jump over anothers blade in medieval times. Imagine this. Two people are fighting (not in full suits of armor because it would be nearly impossible to move) ok back to the fighting. They are fighting up some stairs and one of them gets knocked off and regains his footing after the fall then the other guy does a flip over the blade and cuts the oponent into two pieces. Ok it is not likely it will happen but hey, it could.

-Ben Sch-

9. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    Interesting scenario- Im wondering what they would be doing out of armor (this sound more reinesance-ish than medival). Not only that, 97% of all medival battles were fought in a field (provisions of Phase 1 warfare was that the fight would take place on a previously decided area from both sides). That and the fact that there has never been a single documentation of someone "flipping" over someone in a duel. Not that it couldn't happen :) (this is not meant to start an argument- just abit of cheerful banter)

10. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    BTW- just another bit of trivia- ive played around with full armour a few times and it only weighs 10-15 lbs for a basic set- I was able to jump (moderately- im still white), climb over fences and perform somersaults withoutha whole lot of hinderance. Course I doubt a flip could be performed and that was your point so... :)

11. General_Palteth

General_Palteth Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2002
    Hey! I'm on the boards... And I want to know more about your sci-fi universe.
    Also, I'd like to see what plans you've made for a script.

12. Renegade4E

Renegade4E Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2002
    Suhweetuh.

This may not be the place to discuss it, being that its a Star Wars board... lol. Email me so I know your email address (click on my name to find my email). Maybe we can both camp out in line at the Scera for awhile and talk more about it. Whatever- I like talking about it!

13. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    That Shinebox trailer looks great! :)

14. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    yeah... Renegade4e has got some awesome ideas!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.