main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Who has had their home broken into? Advice?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Jan 18, 2013.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    You should take the burglar, beat them up, snap them in half, and put them in a prison where the only possible escape is to RISE.

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    So what if you shoot them, then pin them to your wall like a giant butterfly? then you could torture them with a higher degree of safety? [face_flag]

3. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Still too risky, and also pointless. Such actions would only be useful in interrogation to determine whether the burglar was acting alone or was tipped off in robbing my house.

Though beheading the burglar and sticking their heads on pikes over the main doorway to your home with a sign reading 'Burglars, Ye be Warned' is acceptable provided it meets with neighborhood guidelines in outdoor home decor.

4. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Step 1: Dig a hole in the floor of your basement. About 8-10 feet deep should do.
    Step 2: Have somebody draw up a sewing pattern for you, preferably for an entire bodysuit. Leave this out in plain sight.
    Step 3: Buy a poodle.
    Step 4: Go to the hardware store and purchase a rope, a basket, and a garden hose. Leave these by the hole in your basement.
    Step 5: Purchase "Goodbye Horses" by Q Lazzarus on iTunes or Amazon, leave the mp3 on repeat.

Ender_Sai likes this.
  5. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Kyle, you plan does not make provisions for lotion.

DarthTunick likes this.
  6. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    i didn't know i had plans to make a superman movie starring nic cage but i will start breaking the story right away.

JoinTheSchwarz and Ender_Sai like this.
  7. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    If anybody can get all of those and NOT buy some lotion then they deserve to have their home broken into.

yankee8255 and Ender_Sai like this.
  8. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Here is some good advice, if you have a big screen TV, face it away from the window. If you can see it from the street while its on then so can thieves. The bigger the tv the more stuff. We caught a thief in the act years ago when my neighbor decided to leave his big screen tv showing to the world. oh and as safe as country homes might appear to be, its not uncommon for them to really lose everything when people go on vacation. I have heard stories of thieves taking everything because they are gone for a week and the neighbors can't see what is going on. Long driveways and forested yards prevents the neighbors from knowing what is happening.

9. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    I don't know where you live but where I come from everyone has a big screen TV, even the unemployed. I think a big screen TV is just assumed to be part of the booty these days.

MASTERPRENN likes this.
  10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Things you learn from your neighbors eh?

11. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    it seems like big screen tv's would be hard to unload if literally everyone already has one.

Ender_Sai likes this.
  12. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I have a thousand pound tv that I got for free off Craigslist... if somebody wants to steal it, I can really only laugh.

13. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    The size is indicative of what is in the house. 60in screen may also mean ipod, iMAC, kindle, ipad, iphone and other stuff including cash and other valuables.

And up north where I live in Saratoga county plenty of houses in the country have been hit by thieves due to their remoteness.

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    How much is that in US$?

jp-30 likes this.
  15. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Um... free?

jp-30 likes this.
  16. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Exchange rate has gone mental.

Ender_Sai likes this.
  17. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh. Don't buy a ticket to the UK then harps.

jp-30 likes this.