main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whos more powerful: Luke or Mara?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LtSticks, Oct 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    Simone

You can read more about Luke's adventures with the black hole in Dark Tide: Onslaught by Stackpole. It's quite a good scene, so if you haven't read it, I won't spoil it for you. :)

2. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    If you really think, the outcome of a fight depends only on, who is the most powerful, well, the empire would have won at Endor.

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Quite True.

4. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Mastage, you made a very good point about Leia and I must say that I agree completely. She could have been.

5. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Luke is the more powerful of the two. Mara is no competition.

6. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    As if it needed answering...Luke without a doubt. He could crush any other Jedi, Kyle Katarn included I believe. If you encompass ALL of the Jedi in the EU, not just the NJO Jedi, I'd probably place Kyle in the top 3 power wise, but Luke is so far beyond any of the rest...

JMA

7. BoutyPunkrAurra

BoutyPunkrAurra Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 21, 2001
    i think mara is more powerful: she was trained her whole life as an assassin, is hot tempered and if she ever went to the dark side...well, you can guess what she'd do. plus, any woman who gives birth is more powerful than any man in the universe. so take that! ;p

8. Jarik

Jarik Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2000
    "Darkside" is metaphoric. For more info look at link in sig. (Sure a lot of you have seen this already.)

Anyway:

Mara is not even close to Luke. I'm not sure I would even put Mara in the top 5 of current Jedi

Luke, Kyp and Kyle Kataarn surely outdo her.

Corran, Kam, Streen might outdo her just as others might, though these are the frontrunnes that we know about. I don't think Wurth or Ganner are more powerful although they may be.

Has or had a chance in the future to be more powerful: Anakin, Leia, Ganner, Wurth

Ikrit is dead, but he was probably more powerful than her too.

9. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Luke, there isn't even a contest.

If it came down to a fight Mara might last a minute if Luke decided to play with her.

10. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Luke. (And this is coming from the resident Mara-maniac of these boards, so you know it means something.)

I think that Mara might beat him ocasionally in a lightsaber fight...but in sheer force power, it's luke, hands down.

Now, if they were just fighting hand-to-hand, no force...then it would be very, very, different. And very amusing to watch. :D :p

11. Darth_Top_Hat

Darth_Top_Hat Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2001
    luke is more powerful in the Force than Mara. but what a combo-couple. As a fighting team, they'd be incredible, Mara's combat training combined with Luke's strength and power.

12. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    I agree with JadedofMara, the two are strong in different areas of the Force, but it's obvious that Luke's the stronger one.

And in response to Gandolf's list: Luke vs evil Luke: Five hours ;) or at least the impression I got from your fic, that was one heck of a battle between the two... kinda like Jet Li in the One... can't wait to see that one... but back on topic!

Luke bested a Chosen One, (and let's not get a Vader/Luke debate started because we all know that Luke DID beat him darkside or no) which proves that he is stronger then a Chosen One. My ranking:

Top Five Jedi Knights: NJO

Luke
    Kyp
    Mara
    Kam
    Kyle

13. Galleon

Galleon Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    Leia was able to beat Luke in a lightsaber duel in one of the Crisis on CORELLIA books, and she has far less combat training then Mara.
    Still say Luke would win but never underestimate the power of his opponent

14. menilma

menilma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    I can not understand why everyone thinks kyp is better than mara! luke would beat mara but mara would beat kyp. she has more disciplin, more light and (I think) more power in the Force.

15. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Kyp would stomp Mara into the ground. She'd be fighting and then think "Oh no, I'm using the light side too much, it must become dark if I use it too much, I won't use it anymore." Kyp would sense her stupidness and take her out.

16. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001
    I would say Luke is stronger but then he'd probably have to sleep on the couch...so I'll just say Mara to save the Jedi master a night of restless sleep. (He already gets enough of those since Ben came I'd wager.)

17. UCLAJediMaster

UCLAJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2001
    i just dont see the link between agressiveness and power??

just because Mara is much more agressive and rash than Luke that does not even make her close to as powerful as Luke.

he is the son of the chosen one. he has midis up the ying yang...

he also has a much much deeper understanding of the force... he would wipe the floor with that wench.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.