main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who's the most annoying character in LFL history?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by BEEF, Dec 31, 2001.

?

Who's the most annoying character in LFL history?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Jar Jar Binks

42.0%
  2. Rool and Franjean (The Brownies from Willow)

20.0%
  3. Other (Explain)

38.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BEEF

BEEF Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2001
  2. BEEF

BEEF Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2001
    Ah know that the unpopular vote will likely go to Jar Jar but I've been a thinkin that the Gungan has been a gitten the short end of the stick, them thar Brownies are way more annoying than Jar Jar and less essential to the plot, at least Jar Jar was pivotal to the climax of Phantom Menace in some shape or form, the Brownies were just comic releif, and the worst kind of comic releif, BAD comic relief. They didnt grow or change during Willow unlike Jar Jar who sorta grew and changed. So my vote gos to them stupid little squirts. I say SQUISH EM!!!

3. Jedi15

Jedi15 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 1999
    Howard the Duck. Need I say more?

[whisper]I kinda liked Jar Jar and the Brownies.[/whisper]

4. Menlu

Menlu Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 27, 2001
    I agree, Howard the Duck - bleh!

5. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001
    jar jar has been over hated due to the anti-hype.

6. Dubya_Fett

Dubya_Fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2001
    I vote for Willie Scott from "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom". Unlike the tough, capable Marion Ravenwood from "Raiders of the Lost Ark", Willie was just a whiny, spoiled brat. I don't know what Indy saw in her beyond a one night stand. I didn't buy Willie as a love interest, and she was more annoying than amusing as comic relief.

-Dubya Fett

7. ComicDude

ComicDude Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2001
    I agree about Willie. Why couldn't she just die.

8. Ian_Ball

Ian_Ball Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    Wille or that dumb little monkey doing the "Hail Hitler" thing in Raiders.

9. ferelwookie

ferelwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2001
    I, like most of the world, find Jar-Jar disgustingly annoying. But, I was pleasantly surprised to see some votes for the annoying Kate Capshaw in Temple of Doom. The only reason she's in the film is due to her romantic involvement with Speilberg at the time. She is dreadful compared to Karen Allen in Raiders.

But, I would have to cast my vote for Temple of Doom co-star "Short Round". The kid sidekick was a baaaddd idea for Indy. Shorty is as annoying as they come with his high pitched repetition of cliche's. And whatever happens to him after "Temple" anyway. "Temple" is set in 1935, but "Raiders" & "Crusade" are in 1936 & 1938 respectively. Did Indy just dump the kid off at an orphanage somewhere? Smart move Indy!

10. jangosdna

jangosdna Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2001
    Jar Jar...

11. Timmeh

Timmeh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    Beef your right Jar Jar has unfortunately gotten the short end of the stick cause it should have been the sharp end. And he should of got the sharp end several times around the chest area.
    "Meesa no tink so." - Mr Binks
    "Oh yes meesa tink so very much." -Me

12. BenQ

BenQ Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2001
    Definately Short Round.

13. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    What about the monkey in Raiders, the one that ate the poisoned fruit?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. Darth-Mauls-Torso

Darth-Mauls-Torso Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    Willie Scott from Temple of Doom.

15. Mike_Mothma

Mike_Mothma Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2001
    The duck from outer space (we all know his name). The character is annoying, the title is annoying, and the movie is annoying! That duck is by FAR more of a black mark on Lucas than Mr. Binks.

16. Angelic_308

Angelic_308 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 2, 2002
    Jar-Jar Binks and C3PO.

17. Darth-Mauls-Torso

Darth-Mauls-Torso Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2001
  18. Dubya_Fett

Dubya_Fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Actually, I liked Short Round. Lots of adventure heroes from the 1930s and 40s had kid sidekicks, so I thought giving Indy one was a nice homage to the genre.

I don't know how Lucas could be blamed for the title "Howard the Duck", since it was derived from a preexisting Marvel Comics magazine called "Howard the Duck".

-Dubya Fett

19. Ki-Edi-Mundi

Ki-Edi-Mundi Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2000
    Willie....doubly so now, that they're putting her in IJ4 :mad:

20. C-3P0

C-3P0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2001
    Short Round

21. Vaders_leash

Vaders_leash Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    Willie Scott would be my second pick, right after Jar Jar Stinks. Because she is going to be in the next Indy film, I don't plan on seeing it.

22. Gobi-NaanPeshwari

Gobi-NaanPeshwari Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2001
    In my opinion, Jar Jar, Willie Scott and especially Short Round are all fantastic characters who I just cannot begin to find annoying in the slightest. Whereas Jar Jar managed to appeal to a much younger audience in such an incredible way, Willie Scott brought not only comic relief but also the essential cynicism that Temple of Doom required to stop itself from being over-dramatic. And the friendship between Short Round and Indy in Temple of Doom is one of the most heart-warming I have ever seen on screen. I just can't understand how the hell he can be considered annoying. Shame on you who voted for him. Why is he annoying exactly? Just because he is a kid he must be annoying eh? Ah well.... I guess I'll just never understand.

P.S. My vote goes to the Brownies from Willow. SQUISH EM!!!

23. Ithorian

Ithorian Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2000
    Most annoying? Hmmm. . . I don't think it's Willie Scott, or Short Round, or Jar Jar, or even Howard the Duck. . .

I'm probably going to get some backlash from this, but here goes: my most annoying character is young Anakin Skywalker.

Go ahead. Let the slamming commence.

24. Muellman

Muellman Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    While Jar Jar has the power to remove one from the SW experience, and we all wanted Willy to die, Howard the Duck was so annoying that even the title makes me nauseous.

C3PO, the Brownies, and even Nazi Monkey were NON-annoying comic relief characters.

25. Master_Kyp_Durron

Master_Kyp_Durron Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2002
    The Brownies were life sucking annoyances offering nothing but headaches from the amount of eye rolling they induced. Rick Overton and Kevin Pollack should be pounded unto death.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.