main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who's writing NJO #5

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Wraith729, Oct 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wraith729

Wraith729 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    I think it's going to be Zahn

2. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Why Zahn? Could be anyone. A good while back there was something mentioned about Anderson writing at least one NJO novel, if not a duology. Now there seems to be speculation that he could write the fifth hardcover. Or perhaps A.C. Crispin will write it. Maybe Jeff Shaara will be the writer, though he's more historic fiction if you ask me. Literally, it could be just about any author, from those who have written in Star Wars before to folks no one has heard of.

3. Wraith729

Wraith729 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    I dunno why Zahn, i just have a feeling thats who it will be.

4. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    Fans have wanted Zahn to write it since the beginning, but if I had to guess, I'd say that Salvatore will get it.

5. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    My guess is that we're not going to be able to guess correctly who it will be.

For the first year or so, in all those predict the author threads, no one came up with Troy Denning or Walter J. Williams, let alone Stover, Dix & Williams, Cunningham, etc...

6. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    I don't think it's going to be Zahn.
    In a perfect world it would be Salvatore, Keyes, or Denning, but It will probably be none of those gentlemen either.

7. LoveisSuicideSP

LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    I am personally hoping it will be Salvatore. I am a big fan of his work and Vector Prime is my favorite Star Wars book.

8. _admiral_kettch_

_admiral_kettch_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2001
    I'm hoping A.C. Crispin. The Paradise Snare is my all-time favorite SW novel.

9. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Crispin, Allston or KJA for me

10. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    I'm fairly sure it WILL NOT be anyone who has written for the NJO, and I'm hoping it will be someone who hasn't written any SW at all.

11. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    It might be Salvatore. Then again it could be someone completely from left field who is tapped to pen the novel. It might even be a team effort, say Zahn and Stackpole. Who knows? ;)

12. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Despite not liking Vector Prime, I'm hoping for Salvatore.

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2001
    I'd really hope it'd be Slavatore. He's an amazing author, despite the fact that I don't like VP.

But a collaboration of Tim and Mike... that'd be really faboo!

Ara
    (Having a helluva headavche...)

14. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    I'm holding out for Salvatore too. Why not finish a series he started? I think it'd be great...

15. Anakin SkySolo

Anakin SkySolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    For now, I'm putting my money on James Luceno.

16. Jades Fire

Jades Fire Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1998
    Salvatore will write it.

They are just waiting for the right moment to announce it.

17. Emiaj

Emiaj Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    It would be somewhat poetic (not in the poetical sense) if Salvatore finished the line of books he started, just like Zahn did to the Bantam books.

18. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Zahn didn't finish the Bantam run, Jeter did. Anyway, Salvator would have to do a rush job to write a book of appropriate length when he's already working on several other projects.

19. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    Salvatore would have plenty of time [to write HC#5]. If he was asked to finish NJO, do you really think he wouldn't make the time for it? Besides he's still got about 3 years if he was asked now!

20. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    If he started now he'd have 2 years until it came out, but since he's still working on other projects, and even after writing it he'd have to have time for editing and all, that gives him a year to write it -- if he wanted yet another SW book in such a short time...

21. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    I thought that Allston finished the Bantam run?

Chances are it'll be someone we've never heard of. I'd be reluctant to say that any author has more than a twenty percent chance of getting S^2. However, I think that RAS is more likely to write the book than any other individual writer.

22. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Yeah technically, Allston closed the Bantam run.

23. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    However, I think that RAS is more likely to write the book than any other individual writer.

I disagree. (although I am known to make mistakes. . . from time to time) Look at the NJO -- a different author for each story. Even the authors who were really liked, Luceno and Salvatore, were brought back only for prequel stuff, not to write another NJO book. It seems to me that for the duration of NJO, it's one story per author. Also, if Approaching Storm is good, I'd be very unsurprised if we find Alan Dean Foster writing for NJO, going in the reverse of the two aforementioned. It would hold a certain poetic something: the guy who wrote the first SW book and the first EU book closing off the first SW maxiseries as such... However, personally I bet they've already got someone, and that it's not anyone who's written SW yet. BUt it's just a guess.

24. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    It would be awesome if Michael A. Stackpole made his triumphant return writing the last novel in the NJO.

And he'd make it an unforgettable book. That'd be cool.

25. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    You know, Wratih, ive been "feeling" the same thing...and i have acknowledged that that "feeling" is probably just wishful thinking. A Zahn/Stackpole collaboration would be great...and if Zahn wrote it himself...I would be so incredibly happy! (And ghengis would be so incredibly sad :eek: )

But i think realistically, theres a good chance of it being salvatore...although Mastadge does have a very good point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.