main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why Spider-Man is Better Than Star Wars: Take it for What it is

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by ST-TPM-ASF-TNE, Jun 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    So does the fact that Spidey was always in the shadows.

2. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001
    All right, now we're moving into basher/gusher territory...

3. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    The soundtrack? Now I KNOW you're a plant for Sony pictures. :p

That soundtrack was a disgrace. It was like an amateur was told to rip off the score to Batman.

4. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Rupert_Pumpin, I fail to see your logic, but I guess it's your opinion.

And I bought the soundtrack. It's not even on par with the AOTC soundtrack. Heck, it's not even on the same coarse as the AOTC soundtrack :D

ST

5. Darth_Chasm

Darth_Chasm Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2002
    Comparing Spider-Man to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles....god...that has to be just as dumb as comparing Spider-Man to the Power Rangers. Bow before the spider, maybe Lucas will redeem himself with Episode III.
    Highly unlikely. Lucas needs to step aside and let someone else handle the directing. He's lost the ability to direct actors.

6. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    why the heck would a genetically altered spiders DNA meld with a humans if he bit someone? The radiation gave it a bit more believability but without that why would DNA transfer into someone from a bite?

7. FatherVader

FatherVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2000
    Well as I have said Spider-Man is a good movie, was it better than AOTC, yes at the Box Office. But to say it is a better movie is again a bit much.

Both are fun, but AOTC did more for me.

8. JBFett

JBFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I think the shaak which anakin rode on during the meadow scene was better looking than CGI spidey.

9. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Chasm look at the polls from the fans. BO has nothing to do with a movies quality.

10. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

Jun 27, 2001
    JBFett:

Ouch! ;)

ST

11. JBFett

Feb 15, 2002
    As a fan of both spiderman and star wars...I think star wars was by far the better movie.

SM did nothing to draw me back, it was good but nothing great at all.

and ST - that was a bit harsh eh...ok ok..SM CGI was equal to Maul getting sliced in half!

12. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    I can actually defend the DNA thing, even though it carries this thread even more off topic . .

If the Spider was carrying its DNA in a Virus, and then it was transfered to a human, it is concievable that the Dna could be incorperated into the human Genome. Assuming the bodies defenses could do nothing about this "super spider" DNA. But hey, use your imagination.

Imagination . . . what a concept . .. for both Spidy and Star Wars . . . enough said.

13. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Good call, JBFett.

14. Jawa70

Jawa70 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002

Spiderman is surfing on the back of 9/11. There i've said it! America is in love with NY because of that Tragedy.

Hell, everytime i watch a film set in New York i'm like "look it's the WTC!". i presume the WTC is in it?

15. abmccray

abmccray Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    ((Rupert_Pumpin, I fail to see your logic, but I guess it's your opinion.

And I bought the soundtrack. It's not even on par with the AOTC soundtrack. Heck, it's not even on the same coarse as the AOTC soundtrack ))

Slight correction. You cannot compare a soundtrack (Spider-Man) to a movie score (AOTC). At the moment, I prefer AOTC's score slightly over Spider-Man's, but Spider-Man's score has not been released yet.

16. JediDugan

JediDugan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2001
    People like to say "Spiderman is better than Star Wars" just so they can say "Spiderman is better than Star Wars."
    It's kind of a "My dad can beat up your dad kind of thing"? a pointless statement simply said to get a rise out of people.

I haven't seen "Spiderman" and I have no desire to, so I can't really comment on the quality of the movie directly.

Comparing "Star Wars" to any other modern movie is always a pointless thing. People don't make movies like Lucas does anymore. So comparisions are pointless.

Personally I've never really expected people to like everything I like. I mean it's nice, but it's just not going to happen. The way I see it, the fewer of people who like "Star Wars" the better spot I'll have in line for Episode III. :)

17. JBFett

Feb 15, 2002
    If GG didnt look like a power ranger, the second half of the movie wasnt bastardized, the action sequences were improved 200 times and they introduced more side characters to expand the scope of the movie ie)show Conners, Eddie Brock, all of these minor figures who will become Villains..it would have made the movie better and more epic. Now whats going to happen is that they are going to show the character for one movie and all of a sudden he will become bad and no one will know how much of an impact they had on peter's life before they were cursed with their respective superpowers/evil. It makes for a better villain....and much more immersive story..everyone seems to ignore the MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY faults of spiderman while sticking to the faults of AOTC which are consistent with the rest of the saga, and then proceed to use the OT as an attack on the PT, Its ignorant and makes me sick. more than half of these critics didnt even like the OT or dont remember any of its faults because since they have become classics, they refuse to admit there are any....cause believe me in 77, 80, and 83..the critics didnt hesitate to expose all of them!

18. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Good call Jawa! The whole NY people save Spider-Man thing is totally playing into that! HAHA That is totally why.

19. Jawa70

Jawa70 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    Spiderman 2 won't dare take on Episode III in '05. i betcha!

20. Rupert_Pupkin

Rupert_Pupkin Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2002
    I'm talking about Danny Elfman's musical score for Spider-Man. It's great. It seriously puts the AOTC score to shame. Lucas is a stupid bastard for completely butchering the John Williams score. I really hope Williams boycotts Episode 3. He should not be treated this way.

21. JBFett

Feb 15, 2002
    ARE YOU F*$^#^N JOKING RP

THERE IS NO SPIDERMAN SCORE!!!!!!!! ITS THE WORST SCORE IN MOVIE HISTORY!!!!!!!!! HE HAS NO DAMN THEME! THERE IS NOTHING AT ALL! IT WAS THE WORST PART OF THE WHOLE DAMN MOVIE

22. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

Jun 27, 2001
    Don't call Lucas a stupid bastard just because you don't like his work anymore.

EDIT: And please, nobody get into a flame-basher/gusher war over this

ST

23. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001
    All right, that's enough of that. Stick to the topic, and don't go off on bashing rants.

And Rupert, please watch it with the name-calling.

24. JBFett

Feb 15, 2002
    There is no damn sense here anymore.....

I'm out.

25. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Rupert, that's a damn shame. I like Danny Elfman's work, but his score for Spiderman was for *****.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.