main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why was there alot of Duels between Obi-wan , anakin vs Dooku?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by black_saber, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I remember Obi-wan said in Attack of the clones we will do this together and then Anakin said No I am taking him now, the in Revenge of the Sith Obi-wan says this time we will do it together. but in the Clone Wars show they are both battling dooku. Why did Lucas do that?

2. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
    Um, when was that exactly? Do share.

Anakin duels Dooks in the film only.

3. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    You do know it's not George Lucas who makes TCW right? It's directed by a man called Dave Filoni and the head writer on the series is called Henry Gilroy. George Lucas has pretty much nothing to do with this series other than the budget and creative support.

In answer to your question, it has been done for entertainment, and it fits in the story quite well. Anakin is still extremely head strong. One defeat is not going to teach him a lesson. This is where Ahsoka could come in, she could take Dooku on her own and die leading Anakin to learn about how important team work actually is.

4. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    It's ok, because in TCW movie, Anakin duels Dooku alone, so in ROTS, it truly was the next time Obi-Wan and Anakin faced him together in a duel.

I do agree with some that it would be nice to see Dooku face some of the other Jedi instead of Anakin and Obi-Wan. There are plenty of Jedi Masters and Council members to choose from. I'd definately like to see later in the show, probably something like late Season 3 at the earliest where Yoda faces Dooku again, but this time tries to turn him back while they duel, with lots of nice dialogue. Of course, then there is some of his old Jedi Council member friends like Mace, Plo, then you have others to throw in there like Ki-Adi, Kit, Tiin, etc, etc. This show is arguably probably the "last chance" to see any of these guys come face-to-face. People have been debating such possible matchups to no-end on the internet, this show is probably as close to cannon as you'll see in regards to how they all matchup and what would happen if they faced off - not only the duel, but also dialogue, which adds to the battle.

5. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Have you guys watched the Clone Wars T.V. series? They duel with Dooku together in many episodes.

6. Sven_Starcrown

Sven_Starcrown Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 10, 2009
    I dont see the problem with them dueling often.

7. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I don't either its just I don't want the Clone Wars series to destory the Movies as well as the Live Action too.

8. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
    Dooku isn't involved in a single lightsaber duel in the first season(Darn). Get your facts straight. Anakin and Obi-Wan are held captive with him in one episode, but that's it.

9. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Not helpful.

10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, sorry black_saber, but it's pretty clear the only time they actually meet him, other than the TCW Film , is during the Dooku Captured/Gungan General episodes.

11. MvG-88

MvG-88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    This really is people's favorite thing to make a fuss of isn't it?

Until the series is oficcially over, there is no use discussing this. And even though it's rather obvious Obi-Wan refers to the AotC duel thus creating a minor plot hole, this is not the first time this happens, "There is another"...

12. brainwash

brainwash Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2009
    The only "duel" that comes to mind is in the TCW movie, which was still just Anakin and Dooku.

I think there's more awkwardness behind the "my powers have doubled since last time" line. Sounds pretty cocky if you take TCW into account.

13. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Since as it stands now the TCW Anakin-Dooku duel seems to be placed relatively close to AOTC, it's just about the same level of cockiness as presented in ROTS.

However, if TCW later ends up having them duel again, and much closer to ROTS, it becomes more of a continuity problem.

14. brainwash

Jan 19, 2009
    I tried to determine the length of time by the length of Anakin's hair, that probably doesn't work. 2D Clone Wars should've taken more care!

15. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Well if you want to judge the time line that way you should take into account that there is a montage of long haired Anakin fighting in different battles that could quite easily take place over a span of years.

16. brainwash

Jan 19, 2009
    Yeah, but Anakin doesn't really change over the montage, he is just without a scar in the beginning of them, then has it by the end. Why do I notice his hair is the same length? Because I'm a sad, sad fan.

I should probably go watch Star Trek.

17. IthinkIwannaLeia

IthinkIwannaLeia Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2005
    They need to stick with using ventress. And where is Durge! he didn't die in the 2d CW. He was seemingly killed in the comics several times and then Anakin and Obi finally threw him into a sun (final death). He Should be in the 3d clone wars. Save Grievous and Dooku for the movies. And a someone just beginning her training as a padawan such as ahsoka, would never be able to go up against a fully trained sith. At that same level, Anakin (who was suppose to be far greater than the average padawan) could barely fight non-force users. Look how they described his power levels in the Jedi Quest series. We could say Ahsoka got lucky or Dooku was toying with her. But if she ever gets in a duel again (with dooku, ventress, grievous, or anyone else) she needs to lose quick and get rescued by a Jedi Knight. Otherwise, they are basically describing her as more powerful than Anakin at the same age.

18. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Thus is the reason why I despise the animated series... BECAUSE THEY MESS EVERYTHING UP! :mad: I don't read the comics for the same reason.

19. Sven_Starcrown

Sven_Starcrown Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 10, 2009
    Durge is a little bit too tough and nasty for a kids show.

20. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Were they over NINE THOUSAAAAANNNNND!?
    ugh, I feel stupid just quoting that.

And Durge most certainly could be in this show. If he is so bad for kids, why is he in the 2D show, as a tentacled monstrous killing machine?

21. Levandel

Levandel Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2009
    The other cartoon was more oriented toward people n their late teens and adults.

22. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Durge was tons more brutal in the comics than he was in that horrid 2-d cartoon.

23. DARKAURUM

DARKAURUM Jedi Master star 3

Jan 21, 2002
    Why was there alot of Duels between Obi-wan , anakin vs Dooku?

Because Lucas had to come up with that idiotic Rule of Two, which means that instead of the massive Jedi vs. Sith battles the fans wanted, we only get two Sith lords, one of which doesn't fight at all until Episode 3.

Meaning that the only Sith you have fighting are either Dooku, or Ventress (who comes pretty close to breaking that rule already). Since Dooku doesn't die until Episode 3, his fights lack suspense; since Ventress is the only other Sith who fights, they won't kill her off so her fights are unsuspenseful either.

We could have had a cool war with hundreds of sith lords facing off against the Jedi... but Lucas in his infinite wisdom deciced that only two could be allowed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.