main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will Episode III be like the "Transformers Movie" to kids who like the "Clone Wars"?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by waheennay, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    When I was a kid, my favorite show was "The Transformers" and when I saw "The Movie" in 1985. The animation was ten times better than on TV and the drama was so much greater. All the Autobots that I loved on the show, Ironside, Wheeljack, etc. died in the first ten minutes and finally in the ultimate fight with Megatron, Optimus Prime was killed. It seems silly now but I actually cried at his death scene where he gives the "Matrix of Leadership" to Ultra Magnus. Will kids who love the Clone War cartoon and get attached to the Jedi characters like Kit Fisto and Mace Windu react the same way when they possibly get killed in Episode III?

Edited slightly for content.

2. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    All I can say is I hope so. I just want more people to enjoy Star Wars, and making a cartoon is a good way of doing this to bring in more fans.

3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    It wasn't really enjoyed do much though, which is why GI Joe backed off from having central characters die in there movie. It was one of those "Bambi's mom" moments.

4. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Just gotta say, 'Transformers: The Movie' is great. :D

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    "You've got the touch, you've got the power!"

It also has the greatest soundtrack of bad 80s hard rock and metal of ALL TIME.

Yes, when Optimus died the entire theatre was like "WTF? He can't die!"

6. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    Yeah, they were also originally going to have Duke killed in the "GI:Joe" movie but because of kids being upset over Optimus, he only went into a coma.

7. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I hope that the kids don't think that the movie is based on the cartoon.

8. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    I don't think they will, I'm sure most of them will have heard of Star Wars already ;)

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't think they will have the same reaction to TF:TM. The movie and show were both animated, thus linked visually.

CW and EP3 will be distinct from one another due to the live action/animation difference.

I think the only comparison that could ever concievably happen would be if they made a follow-up animated CW movie for the theater or straight-to-video. Then you might have a Transformers-like situation.

Even then, it'd be tough to make adirect comaprison, since Transformers: The Movie is such a classic and so highly revered.

10. GreedoCMZ

GreedoCMZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 13, 1999
    I can imagine it now: sitting in a theater in May 2005 and hearing some 5-year old kid say, "Look, R2-D2 looks just like he did in the cartoon."

11. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I don't think they will, I'm sure most of them will have heard of Star Wars already

There are a lot of kids for who this will be the first time they've ever come into contact with Star Wars. The same thing came with Episode I, some people had never seen the originals...

12. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    There are a lot of kids for who this will be the first time they've ever come into contact with Star Wars. The same thing came with Episode I, some people had never seen the originals...

Contact maybe, but *everyone* has at least heard of Star Wars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.