main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will The NR ever Defeat the Vong? (SbS SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Katarn15, Oct 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katarn15

Katarn15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2001
    Do you think The NR will ever win over the Vong ? I beleive the NJO is a series which is way too long. Please post your thoughts and comments on the future of the NR.

2. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    NR? Probably not. Seeing as the NR is all but dead as of Rebel Dream. Running with their tail between their legs and Wedge leading the rear guard.

The New Rebel Alliance on the other hand. Yes.

3. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Yeah, it'll be the new rebels, not having to worry about stupid NR rules.

4. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    I do not think that the NR will defeat the Vong. If you remeber what was released as a plot synopsis for enemy lines...Minor Spoiler

in the first book, the NR goes on full retreat form the Vong invasion. And then a resistance is formed by Luke, mara, han, leia, and lando among others...so i do not think that the NR as a govt. will last, but the good guys will still win. And they'll live to set up another republic. Remeber HC4 is going to be the book that is the "turning point" in the invasion.

5. Cowboy_Jedi

Cowboy_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2001
    I think it will be the Rebel Alliance and the Jedi Order. I think Luke will be more aggressive after Jimmy's death and what happens to Jania.

6. DarthSithLord

DarthSithLord Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    How old is luke in the latest book? who knows the NR might not chances are slim I say.

7. Cowboy_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001
    He's around 45, I believe.

~Cowboy

8. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    What happens to Jaina?

9. Katarn15

Jul 16, 2001
    In Dark Journey something makes her go to the darkside.

10. Emiaj

Emiaj Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    Katarn, I REALLY think you should reedit that post. She turns because of Jimmy's death. Believe me, you are really gonna peeve some people.

11. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Delete that spoiler NOW. If you want to discuss Jimmy, do it on the official thread.

12. Katarn15

Jul 16, 2001
    Sorry forgot. Is that better ? Now its not a spoiler even TFN has admitted that someone important to Jaina dies.

13. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    But maybe you should take away the other part, it's still a SBS spoiler.

14. sjjediknight

sjjediknight Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2001
    I am not sure that the NR can summons the ability to defeat this enemy. They are fighting an organic foe with technology that makes them infidels. A kind of holy war. It is more then likely that the Vong with fall from some sort of insurrection or maybe a bacteria warfare will destroy the basis of their organic materials. Anyway just a thought!!!

SJJEDIKNIGHT

15. Katarn15

Jul 16, 2001
    Thank you for helping me fix that. I apoligize for putting that spioler. But its now removed. So once again please post what you think about the future of the NR.

16. BobaFetts_Clone

BobaFetts_Clone Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2001
    The NR is going to lose. They're retreating in Rebel Dream with Wedge leading the troops. I think that he resistance Han, Luke, leia and the rest of the main characters are foriming will be supplimented by defecting portions of the fleet and other forces. The rebel alliance all over again....

17. Katarn15

Jul 16, 2001
    Good thoughts. I was thinking maybe that Leia or somebody like Mon Mothma or Adimril Ackbar would seize control of the NR from that slimy Bothan everybody loves to hate, Borsk Fey'la(sp?). And then they get everything they can muster and put it against the Vong. But thats my opinion.

18. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Star by Star Quote 'Spoiler' (Not really, since it was in the TOS Homing Beacon, but oh well...)

[Highlight]

"The New Republic? Are you blind! There is no New Republic! It died before the Yuuzhan Vong came!"
    - Leia Organa Solo.

19. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    I think the NR actually begins to die in SbS and by HC4 is totally dead. I guess the next Republic will be the 4th galactic Republic if you consider the NR's near death in DE.

20. BobaFetts_Clone

BobaFetts_Clone Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2001
    I hoping that the NR does fall. That way they can get Borsk out of the way and set up a new republic where the situation is taken more seriously and something is actually done about it.

I don't think leia will be the next leader. she complained so much about the work load and being away from her family that i doubt that she would want to again. I'm thinking someone we don't expect(but is the right choice)will step up. He/she/it probably won't be a Jedi, but an avid Jedi supporter. I can't think of anyone though.....maybe Han ;)

21. Cowboy_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001
    I don't think they're gonna try to put together a new New Republic for a long while.

~Cowboy

22. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    No hopefully the NR doesnt fall, hopefully Borsk is assassinated or something of that nature. Ackbar or Garm Bel Iblis is my choice to lead afterwards.

23. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    How about Wedge leading? That would be unexpected but an appropriate choice to set it up.

24. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Look the chiss will come and kill em all. end of story.

25. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I think having the NR lose to the Vong would defile Star Wars even more.

But that's never stopped the "authors" before. Yeah, let's have the whole galaxy enslaved by a bunch of ultra-powerful aliens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.