main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will the Syfo-Dias mystery finally be unveiled?

Discussion in 'Archive: Episode IV: Spoilers Allowed' started by LordSilvertouch, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    Well? I just wanna know that one thing, will we finally find out about Sifo-Dias and his involvement in the clone army? I can't wait!

2. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I don't think Lucas can let this character go. I'm sure he's going to explain Syfo-Dias' character in the next episode. He can't afford not too.

3. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    I am not so sure about it; he seemed rather happy to forget all about him in most of AotC even! But there is some new hope in the ordering of new clones (from Boba this time???) by the empire; Might well come out who ordered the first batch, after all, they will have to tell something to the Kaminosans (or will the Empire just take over the facility?). I don't think it will be a very clearcut or high-profile thing, really :)

4. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    That's a pity, there's potential for an interesting story-arc there, but i suppose the story did move away from that in III. Oh well. I just wonder what the actual story of IV could involve. There doesn't seem to be much left for Lucas to say.

5. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

Of course Syfo-Dyas will be in it! He was the guy standing next to Chancellor Palpatine and Darth Vader on their ship when they were looking at their "Death Ball" or whatever that was in the background. The Slicked back hair and gaunt face just scream Dark Jedi! He might even pretend he is in control of Darth Vader for awhile or something. I suspect he may be Darth Plagueis.

Carnage

6. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Uh, sorry to burst this bubble but Sifo-Dyas is a bit old-hat.

Labyrith of Evil, anyone?

(BTW, even if this whole thing was for real I'd still make this argument)

7. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005
    That's right! LABYRINTH of EVIL. It's a twisted little tale of evil. Everything in that book is meant to decieve not only the Jedi, but the reader too. You say "Sifo-Dyas is old hat?" Why? Because you saw it yourself in some book? If you are going to be able to understand the next Star Wars movie you will have to learn that your eyes can decieve you, that you cannot trust them. Sure, Sifo-Dyas might be dead, but only from the WRITERS point of View. Somewhere along this path you will find that most of the truths we cling to are from our own point of view. The way the author saw it, the good Jedi that was Sifo-Dyas died when he ordered the clone army.

Carnage

8. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    Perhaps the new trilogy will have an intergalactic X-Files feel to it, where they know the Truth is Out There and they seek out anomalies to lead them to the truth about Sifo-Dyas, the truth that can destroy the Empire...

Interesting idea, no?

Luke becomes Spooky Luke... Leia would be like Sculley... might be cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.