main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by SWEET_JEEBUS, Jun 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Geist

Darth Geist Jedi Master star 5

Oct 23, 1999
    Santa Clause 2? It can only be a pale imitation of the original's genius, and doesn't stand a chance against Seriously Dude, Where's My Car?

:p

2. Nerak

Nerak Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2002
    You see poeple are fans of almost any Sci-fi/fansty film because people are Movie fans not just one type of movie. So if someone like spiderman, LOTR, the matrix film, X-men and the list goes on. They are a moive fans. And face it STAR WARS has one more film left, so people are alread looking for another film series.

3. obhavekenobi78

obhavekenobi78 Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    D'oh,

I forgot about that one. Wow, my freind rented it and I felt used after watching Dude, where's my car. I almost felt like I owed him some money or something. I don't know how to explain it.

4. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Zilch,

Have you seen MR to say that good dialog and acting are possible in a sci-fi movie or are you simply taking the critics word for it?

5. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    Is Shelley the most judgmental person in the world?

No, but I could be if I really tried.

Because if we were all gushers it'd be a pretty boring conversation.

Actually, no, it wouldn't. I've gotten into conversations with so-called "gushers" that were extremely interesting. All "gushers" don't think alike. Even if they liked TPM and/or AOTC, they have their own unique perspective on it.

6. abmccray

abmccray Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    ((To defend AOTC and the PT against bashers who spend all their time on a SW forum saying how great other movies are and how the PT sucks. ))

So in other words, you're the reverse of them.

They're defending their opinions against the majority (in this case) that wishes to tell them that their opinion is wrong. That is far more interesting and generates a lot more raw knowledge than a bunch of little kids posting "I thinK that JanGO Fett wuz KEWL" all day, don't you?

Without dissenting opinions, I know I personally get bored VERY quick.

7. obhavekenobi78

obhavekenobi78 Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    Hey, why don't we all get back on topic instead of flaming Shelley?

BTW, I don't care who you think started it, eventually the Mods are gonna lock this one up if it continues like this.

8. Luke_Clone

Luke_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    What's so bad about posting topics like, "Jango Fett was cool?"

These types of threads, and I have only read the first and last page of it, are obviously ones that explode into gusher/basher wars and do not generate very much discussion at all.

With that in note, I hope MR is great. I probably won't see it as I'm not really into Sci-Fi anymore. I'd rather see Lilo and Stitch. :)

And another thing, AOTC came out what like 6 weeks ago? What thunder is there left to steal? :)

9. Bresson

Bresson Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2002
    Don't be surprised if LILO AND STITCH is actually number one this weekend. Family movies, even bad ones like SCOOBY DOO, always do well on opening weekend. As CLONES's box office isn't an arbiter of the film's aesthetic quality, neither is MINORITY REPORT's, or any film's, for that matter.

10. Luke_Clone

Jun 15, 2002
    Lilo and Stitch will save the Disney Empire! :p

p.s. Actually I thought THE EMPEROR'S NEW GROOVE was pretty good. But to tell you the truth I haven't really liked a Disney Animated Flik since The Lion King. :(

11. Darth Geist

Oct 23, 1999
    "Family movies, even bad ones like SCOOBY DOO, always do well on opening weekend."

Sometimes, but not always. The opening weekends of Spirit, Road To El Dorado, Titan A.E. and Iron Giant ranged from lukewarm to poor. Even recent Disney fare like Emperor's New Groove has fared only passably.

12. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I won't be surprised. Lilo & Stitch has the best, most innovative marketing campaign for a movie since the Blair Witch Project.

13. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    The Lion King was cool :)

14. Luke_Clone

Jun 15, 2002
    "I won't be surprised. Lilo & Stitch has the best, most innovative marketing campaign for a movie since the Blair Witch Project."

That is one thing you and I both agree upon. See we can all be friends if we really try to discuss things in a civil way. ;)

15. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    Wow, Bresson, I agree with you again. There haven't been that many "family" movies so far this summer, so I think Lilo and Stitch does have a pretty good chance to be a big hit. Scooby Doo looked like it was dumb, mindless fun, and it's hardly the first such movie to defy critical drubs and take in a tidy sum. ("Deuce Bigalow, Male Gigolo," anyone?)

AOTC isn't nearly as kid-friendly as TPM was. Some kids were crying in the theater I saw it in the third time. The fourth time I heard a kid say, "It's scary, Mommy."

Similarly, little kids don't tend to like ESB that much. They find it scary.

16. Import_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001
    Similarly, little kids don't tend to like ESB that much. They find it scary.

Good. Better than Lucas catering to the "wide-eyed 13-year old"

17. TokyoXtreme

TokyoXtreme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    By the way, the "Will Minority Report make Episode III stronger?" thread is now in the Episode III spoiler forum. Just an FYI.

JAGNO RULES!!!!

18. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    Sometimes, but not always. The opening weekends of Spirit, Road To El Dorado, Titan A.E. and Iron Giant ranged from lukeworm to poor.

It's too bad Iron Giant didn't do better; I think it was very poorly marketed. The other movies I either haven't seen or didn't think were that good.

Even recent Disney fare like Emperor's New Groove has fared only passably.

Which was also too bad, because IMO it was the best Disney movie to come along in a while. It seemed to pick up on video, though.

19. Kane_Starkiller

Kane_Starkiller Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2002
    First off, let me say that the Star Wars films have always been my favorites, and AOTC has become my favorite SW film. I know a lot of people will want to criticize that, but that's not what this thread is for.
    Personally, from the time I saw the first trailer for Minority Report (May 16th - AOTC), I've been very excited to see it. It looks like a great movie with an interesting premise. Does that mean I hate SW now? Absolutely not. A person can like more than one movie or movie franchise. As far as MR stealing AOTC's thunder: I agree, AOTC's thunder is gone. It had a good run and should break $300 million. Pretty good if you ask me. Do I wish it was the top grossing movie of the year? Yes, but oh well. As long as it makes enough money for Lucas to make EIII what he wants, I'll be happy. I hope that MR is a great movie. Going to the theatre would get pretty boring if the Star Wars movies were the only good movies out there. I haven't seen LOTR or SM, I'll wait and rent them on DVD. I've seen AOTC 3 times and will probably see it again before its theatrical run is over. I'm excited to see MR, but to me nothing will ever be as good as the SW universe.

20. abmccray

abmccray Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Lilo and Stich has a GREAt campaign.

And when i was a kid, I though ESB was boring, heh. But I loved the steroids and walkers.

21. Import_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001
    The steroids or Asteroids? :p

22. Darth Geist

Oct 23, 1999
    Iron Giant was awesome, wasn't it? :) I also liked Titan A.E., although I think that in the end, it amounted to a noble failure. (I'm still interested to see what Don Bluth does with Dragon's Lair...)

23. Zilch77

Zilch77 Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    I guess I was going on just what I heard from all around. Such notice from a large group of people is usually rare in movies these days.

24. Darth_SMITTIUS

Darth_SMITTIUS Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    Isn't SW supposed to be a family sort of series too? Well, at least the basher-gusher thing that was going on is over. As for MR vs. AOTC, why do we insist on thinking like that? Can't we just be satisfied by having three (gasp!) or more great films in one summer? SW will always live on, and other great films will as well, so stop bickering :).

As far as Disney is concerned, I think Lilo and Stitch is there best looking piece yet. Hmm, lets tell George Lucas to make ESB more kid friendly by adding stitch in as a bounty hunter, LOL.

25. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    Yes, Iron Giant was a very good movie. I thought it deserved a far bigger audience than it got.

Dragon's Lair comes out soon, doesn't it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.