main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Worst Cover Songs: Maim That Tune : "Beat It" by "Fall Out Boy"

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Zaz, Dec 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    You know, I haven't heard this one, but this is reminding me of that absolutely awesome cover GnR did of Wild Horses. Gotta go find that video again. Frigging incredible.

2. somethingfamiliar

somethingfamiliar Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2003
    He also gives a shoutout to the Cosby Show in that one. I never knew it was a cover.

3. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
  4. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Next nomination:

"Mariah Carey's horrid version of Def Leppard's ''Bringin' on the Heartbreak.'' I renamed it ''Bringin' on the Earache.'' Pop divas should NEVER attempt anything even remotely resembling rock. ?pede

Mariah Carey's remake of Def Leppard's ''Bringin' on the Heartbreak''.....simply horrendous! ?Melissa"

5. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Next nom:

"I still cry a bit every time I hear Britney Spears' cover of ''I Love Rock 'N Roll'' [originally performed by the Arrows]. Why Britney? Why would you do that to me? ?NineDaves

Britney's version of ''I Love Rock 'N Roll''... Not. Good. ?Karrah"

6. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Yet another example of artists trying for cred and just not getting it at all. I mean, Britney Spears has never done a single song that is anything close to rock and roll, so why would she say she loved it? There is a difference between Pop and Rock and Roll, though it seems most pop artists don't know this. She's not the only one . . .

7. darthdrago

darthdrago Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2003
    I believe this was when La Spears was quoted publicly as saying that she covered this song because she loved "Pat Benatar" (actually meaning Joan Jett, who achieved fame for her version of the song). [face_laugh]

8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Ouch. That's just awful. [face_laugh]

9. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Oh, God. [face_laugh]

10. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    If she loved rock 'n' roll, she wouldn't do that to it. :p

11. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Next Nomination:

"When I think of incredibly horrible cover songs, one that comes to mind besides Jessica Simpson's atrocity is one committed by the Duff sisters: ''Our Lips Are Sealed'' and pretty much every other song covered by a Disney by-product! Less cheese please! ?Ugly Jenny

That Hilary Duff twit killing, absolutely KILLING the Go-Go's classic ''Our Lips Are Sealed.'' ?Zod"

12. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Next nomination:

"No question ? Hilary Duff's atrocious cover of ''My Generation'' [originally performed by the Who, inset]. It's not just the fact that she really can't rock. It's the fact that either she or her people changed the lyrics to ''Hope I DON'T die before I get old.'' If you're doing an iconic rock song, maybe you shouldn't change the most famous line from that song to something that completely negates the song's message. I'm sure the Disney people or her agents didn't want her stirring any controversy, but if that's true, they should have picked another song. ?JennyK"

13. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    I remember hearing about this one; I agree that changing the central line rather negates the entire song. What's the point then ?

14. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Next:

"Fall Out Boy's cover of ''Beat It'' with John Mayer on guitar. I love John Mayer, but neither did the song justice. I'm a firm believer that Michael Jackson songs should only be performed by M.J. himself, unless you're stripping to it à la Carlton Banks on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. ?Rasha"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.