main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN WOTC Star Wars miniature game

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Vesper2112, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    Just wondering if anyone here has looked at the new Wizards of the Coast (WOTC) Star Wars miniature game yet? I picked up a Starter set and a few boosters at DragonCon. Looks pretty good so far. The game itself isn't hard to learn and the figures look great.

Anyway, anyone else thinking about getting any of these?

2. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    I have never gotten any of those before, but would be willing to look at one and see what it's all about. My hubby loves stuff like that, so if we can get him to the meetings, you should talk to him about it. I told him about how you had suggested an RPG as a group thing and he really liked that idea too.

3. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    If anyone's interested, the Fantasy Factory in Ft. Oglethorpe is having a demo of the Star Wars miniature game tomorrow between 11:00 - 2:00pm. I went there on a whim today and heard them talk about it. I also picked up a starter pack of the Marvel Super Heroes Hero Clix as I've heard alot about them but never got any. Man, I'm a sucker for impusle buying! I did look at the only Star Wars adventure they had (for the RPG), but it was for 9th level and up. Sorry. I do have the core rule book, and I intend on reading it someday. ;) Maybe when we start having regular gaming nights we an maybe look into it more. I think at first we'll probably focus on something a little less involved, but that's another topic.

4. drthmrl

drthmrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2003
    is that the game they had at the DVD release party at media play? it was pretty easy to learn and fun to play...

5. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Yeah, that's it. I was in there yesterday and I'm hoping they'll eventually have regular matches there. I picked up the starter set for the Marvel Hero Clix game. We'll see... I'd rather stick to the SW stuff. The Hero Clix stuff looks good, but I think the play is somewhat similar.

I'm hoping I get to go, but it probably won't be when it starts.

6. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    By the way, I played around a little with the Hero Clix stuff with the kids. I think it's pretty fun, actually. I like the way that as you take damage, the stats change by clicking the dial on the base, which causes the numbers on the base to change. This also may affect your powers and abilities. Spider-Man has super strength at first so he can pick things up and throw tham at you. However, after a couple of hits, he's not able to. I haven't played this or the SW mini game enough to say which is better, but they are both easy to learn and fun to play.

With the Star Wars mini game, I don't mind getting the booster packs as I'd like to have whatever figures I can get. With the HeroCLix stuff, I think I'd rather buy the individual figures as I really would only like to get the ones I want. The ones I'm familiar with. Plus, I don't want to spend more than I'd like and end up getting a bunch of SWAT guys to play in a super-hero game, although if I got serious about it, those guys would have their place in it.

7. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Got a bunch more of the HeroClix figures. I went a little overboard with them, but I got some really nice ones.. ones I was after plus some more boosters that got me some stuff I couldn't afford, so that was good.

The new boosters for the Star Wars Miniature Battle game comes out tomorrow. The first set was all about the Original Trilogy. This new set will deal with the Prequels. It'll have Qui-Gon, General Kenobi, Darth Maul, General Grievous, battle droids, gungans, jedi, etc... As much as I'd like them, I can't see paying for any of these until after the first of the year and only if I start playing the darn game! I was hoping my local comic/gaming place would have regular matches, but nothing yet. Anyway, this game is always another option if we ever can get together as a group. Dice rolls are important, but who you pick and strategy seems just as vital.

8. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    As a Christmas present to me (well, I picked it out and Maria said "ok"), I ordered some of the Clone Strike boosters for the SW miniature game. I should have a starter set and 6 boosters on the way along with the Rebel Storm Campaign book (which gives you sceanarios from the Original Trilogy to play through). They claim to have some solo adventures, so I'm curious on how that would work. Either way, if we ever get together to play, I've got more than enough figures for all of us to go at it!

9. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    why'd they have to make that stupid "pole dancing twi'lek"??? :( i'm never going to live that down! :p

[face_laugh]

10. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Nope! You have to admit that it was a strange move to have the only female Twi'lek swinging around on a pole. What were they thinking? Anyone who's played KOTOR kinda links Twi'leks with dancing. "Hmmmm. what could we do with her? I know, let's add a pole"! Yeah.... Oh, in the next series, I think there's a figure called "Swinging Leia". Oh, the endless possibilities...

11. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    *shakes head* [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.